Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Weakest link

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Management & coaching - offensively we haven't got a clue. It takes other teams seconds to build an attack where it takes us days, I have been saying all season we do not move the ball quickly enough.In fairness to CH whether you like his style of football or not he is qualified to be working at this level, the rest of his team are unproven at PL standard.

The back five (up until yesterday) have done their job this season and so has Murray, the rest have fallen way short.

Another reason IMO is Kayal being dropped, he is our most effective midfielder and I feel should be playing in the holding role instead of Sideways.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
3 in midfield is not enough...and they are slow.

Izzy and Gross on form are premier league class......both out all the time.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Management & coaching - offensively we haven't got a clue. It takes other teams seconds to build an attack where it takes us days, I have been saying all season we do not move the ball quickly enough.In fairness to CH whether you like his style of football or not he is qualified to be working at this level, the rest of his team are unproven at PL standard.

The back five (up until yesterday) have done their job this season and so has Murray, the rest have fallen way short.

Another reason IMO is Kayal being dropped, he is our most effective midfielder and I feel should be playing in the holding role instead of Sideways.

This 5 shots on target in last 4 games says it all we are simply awful going forwards (and that terrible header yesterday that got sarcastic cheer was one of them!)

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
I will get slated for this but I have to say Stephens, he generally slows play down, he takes 2 touches before a pass. He is a good player but to progress I think it is the most important position to improve, break up play then pass. Simples.

I think this is the key. They ALL do it, it’s not just Stephens, and seems - to me - why we are so slow and predictable, and enables the opposition to get back in numbers.

Plus, our ‘forward thinking players’ seem to struggle defensively in a 4-3-3, leaving our full-backs exposed, drawing central players out of position and consequently big holes in front of our defence :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here