Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiot who threw the bottle (etc...)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was loads that were hammered but didn't see any major problems above what is normal for a crowd of that size.

Pretty good overall

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd like to point out another important fact. Most people, when drunk, can be a bit disinhibited for a while as the inhibitory centres are suppressed by this general anaesthetic (which is what it is) first. If you are happy you may get irritatingly lively. If a bit sad, you may get morose, or 'your my best mate'y. But this is all 'directed' (you have control). After that, other parts of the brain switch off, and you become clumsy, falling overy, vomity (careful to not inhale!), and eventually the respiratory centre says 'no' (at which point you stop breathing). Alcohol is not a good anaesthetic because the dose necessary for surgical anaesthesia is too close to the respiratory arrest dose. That, and the hangover.

What alcohol does not do is evoke psychotropic personality changes. It does not 'turn' normal people into *****. What it does do is allow people to think they can behave like *****. But to think like this (brace yourself) you have to be a **** to begin with. Yes. A **** who keeps his cuntishness under a hat when sober (most of the time - but not if he thinks he can get away with it) chooses to allow his cuntishness free reign because he thinks his 'drunkenness' is a get out of gaol free card. Guess what? It isn't. ****.

While I'm pharmacologically at it.....coke won't zombify you. If it is good quality it simply turns you into a smug cocky bore, so in love with the sound of your own voice, and indeed your general exquisiteness, you are practically purring. The drug that can crank up the agression is speed (the clue is in the name), which was popular in the late 70s, but I suspect has gone out of fashion, correct me if I'm wrong.

I get quite irritated by people who blame their cuntishness on the drink. It used to be mitigating in cases of domestic abuse. Not any more. Why use it to mitigate nobbery at football? I think if it were more widely accepted that drink does not turn decent people into *****, the cuntery might diminish. A bit. After all, being a **** is never a good look.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'd like to point out another important fact. Most people, when drunk, can be a bit disinhibited for a while as the inhibitory centres are suppressed by this general anaesthetic (which is what it is) first. If you are happy you may get irritatingly lively. If a bit sad, you may get morose, or 'your my best mate'y. But this is all 'directed' (you have control). After that, other parts of the brain switch off, and you become clumsy, falling overy, vomity (careful to not inhale!), and eventually the respiratory centre says 'no' (at which point you stop breathing). Alcohol is not a good anaesthetic because the dose necessary for surgical anaesthesia is too close to the respiratory arrest dose. That, and the hangover.

What alcohol does not do is evoke psychotropic personality changes. It does not 'turn' normal people into *****. What it does do is allow people to think they can behave like *****. But to think like this (brace yourself) you have to be a **** to begin with. Yes. A **** who keeps his cuntishness under a hat when sober (most of the time - but not if he thinks he can get away with it) chooses to allow his cuntishness free reign because he thinks his 'drunkenness' is a get out of gaol free card. Guess what? It isn't. ****.

While I'm pharmacologically at it.....coke won't zombify you. If it is good quality it simply turns you into a smug cocky bore, so in love with the sound of your own voice, and indeed your general exquisiteness, you are practically purring. The drug that can crank up the agression is speed (the clue is in the name), which was popular in the late 70s, but I suspect has gone out of fashion, correct me if I'm wrong.

I get quite irritated by people who blame their cuntishness on the drink. It used to be mitigating in cases of domestic abuse. Not any more. Why use it to mitigate nobbery at football? I think if it were more widely accepted that drink does not turn decent people into *****, the cuntery might diminish. A bit. After all, being a **** is never a good look.

drink + football+ rhino horn capsule = ****ing carnage...!!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Fella behind me in block 135 was apoplectic with rage at the end and was screaming at City that they were "****ing Scouse c**t5". Still can't work that one out. He repeated this several times whilst shoving in to me. I think he was actually trying to get to them. I just moved to the side to get away from him.

Then outside saw a couple of fights, the first was several so called Albion fans throwing punches at one City fan. Then another at the top of Wembley way with a lad in front of me uttering the wonderful line "go on Brighton". I told him to grow up. He looked maybe 15. I got the "come on then" from him. Dear oh dear.

All in all pretty sad to witness such pathetic behaviour.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

Very well put.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As for trouble in wembley itself, I didn't see any. But I didn't go for the cheap seats which is where you'd find most of the day trippers.

Interesting observation there.

We were in the £45 seats near the front of Block 535. 33 of us, all season ticket holders. I recognised a fair few STHS from the Amex seating near us. There was no problems in our block whatsoever. Perhaps we were lucky? We are a mixed age group, so it was nice to sit and watch the game in comfort. We had a great view.

Did everyone in the expensive seats in the lower tier have to stand whether they wanted to or not?

We did witness some drunken stone island seagulls having a go at two city fans outside. No punches were thrown, the city fans kept walking, ignoring them. Stone Island boys walked away, happy that they had "Shown 'em".

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I’d argue the same is true of cocaine as booze.

If you’re not an aggressive person normally then a couple of lines of packet aren’t going to change that. If you’re an aggressive prick who is looking for an excuse to kick off then coke is that excuse. With how prevalent cocaine is in youth football culture id guess there’s a lot of people who were sitting next to or behind someone on coke and didn’t realise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If you’re not an aggressive person normally then a couple of lines of packet aren’t going to change that. If you’re an aggressive prick who is looking for an excuse to kick off then coke is that excuse.

I agree with this. Partly because coke is cut with all manner of cheap shit these days; almost certainly going to contain some speed in it.

To think cocaine was once the preserve of models and Duran Duran....now its chavs at football. Whilst I fully support social mobility this is not what I had in mind.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I agree with this. Partly because coke is cut with all manner of cheap shit these days; almost certainly going to contain some speed in it.

To think cocaine was once the preserve of models and Duran Duran....now its chavs at football. Whilst I fully support social mobility this is not what I had in mind.

bullshit

kjgood

Block 541 there was there three guys sat in front of us who were very quiet during the first half and then didnt reappear after half time. There was also a strong herbal smell if you know what I mean coming from behind us somewhere. Everyone appeared to be having a good time although someone or some people were having a a bit more of a good time than others in appears.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did everyone in the expensive seats in the lower tier have to stand whether they wanted to or not?

No.

The lads in front of us suggested we should all stand when the game kicked off. I pointed out that if I’d wanted to stand, I’d have paid for a cheaper seat. Everyone around just told them to sit down and to their credit, they did. I don’t think it spoilt anyone’s day!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No.

The lads in front of us suggested we should all stand when the game kicked off. I pointed out that if I’d wanted to stand, I’d have paid for a cheaper seat. Everyone around just told them to sit down and to their credit, they did. I don’t think it spoilt anyone’s day!

Don't blame you. When we did the "Stand up for the Albion" I wondered if it was just the upper stands as the lower were already standing?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Interesting observation there.

We were in the £45 seats near the front of Block 535. 33 of us, all season ticket holders. I recognised a fair few STHS from the Amex seating near us. There was no problems in our block whatsoever. Perhaps we were lucky? We are a mixed age group, so it was nice to sit and watch the game in comfort. We had a great view.

We did witness some drunken stone island seagulls having a go at two city fans outside. No punches were thrown, the city fans kept walking, ignoring them. Stone Island boys walked away, happy that they had "Shown 'em".

We were in £80 seats in block 125. Thought that would be good for Grandson and myself as I cannot stand for long periods. However, 4 adults 40 to 70 right in front of us stood up at most points in the game. We never saw the goal, the headbutt or Murray's near miss.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were in £80 seats in block 125. Thought that would be good for Grandson and myself as I cannot stand for long periods. However, 4 adults 40 to 70 right in front of us stood up at most points in the game. We never saw the goal, the headbutt or Murray's near miss.

Sorry to hear that. That is disappointing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

If you’re not an aggressive person normally then a couple of lines of packet aren’t going to change that. If you’re an aggressive prick who is looking for an excuse to kick off then coke is that excuse. With how prevalent cocaine is in youth football culture id guess there’s a lot of people who were sitting next to or behind someone on coke and didn’t realise.

In as much as using an altered state as an excuse is a cop out, which is what you mean I assume, sure. If you're hell-bent, then any excuse will do.

Incidentally, are you looking at me in a funny way? ???

:rolleyes::cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here