Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
So we have been told in advance? When do they go on general sale?
It's just £2 a month? Not if you want to take kids as well. Even if you took 1 child it's equivalent to a £40 booking fee.
Have you asked the ones on here who offered tickets?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nailed it.

Its perfectly clear on the website - membership gives you PRIORITY when tickets come up for sale. Yes, you can still usually get tickets without it for the humdrum stuff during the course of the season. But when massive occasions like this come around, a membership will guarantee you a ticket. People who choose to swerve being a BHA member are well within their rights, but then grizzling when an FA Cup Semi-Final comes along, and they find themselves with noses pressed up against the glass...sorry. Everyone knows how this works. We've been told in advance.

Purchase history is an aspect that maybe shouldn't be entirely ignored. But by that, you're expecting the club to set up a whole new database, with various tiers, to establish ANOTHER queue with various windows according to who has more purchase history than someone else. Come on. Demand is huge. Just buy a frigging membership - it works out at what, £2 a month over a year ?

Its not like they sprung this on anyone. Its there in black and white - members will get priority for tickets. End of.

This isn't about priority though. I can't imagine anyone has a problem with the priority aspect of it. This is about not having access to tickets at all.

There are people who go to varying number of Albion games, home and/or away, who have been unable to buy tickets for this game. They could buy a Manchester City ticket for the game however. That doesn't feel quite right to me.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It's just £2 a month? Not if you want to take kids as well. Even if you took 1 child it's equivalent to a £40 booking fee.

It's not though. Membership allows you to buy two extra tickets... So that's 3 tickets for one membership fee.

And, unlike the ticket cost, the membership fee goes to the club contributing to the continued success and financial stability. Still struggling to see why people are claiming to support the club and yet balk at actually supporting the club.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It's not though. Membership allows you to buy two extra tickets... So that's 3 tickets for one membership fee.

And, unlike the ticket cost, the membership fee goes to the club contributing to the continued success and financial stability. Still struggling to see why people are claiming to support the club and yet balk at actually supporting the club.

New membership does not allow you to buy guest tickets. Therefore a family of 4 who occasionally take their young children to a game face a membership (booking) fee of £80 before they’ve even bought any tickets. That’s nonsense.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

I didn't know members could buy two other tickets.:thumbsup:
Still doesn't feel fair though. Should be priority not exclusivity.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The membership cost is peanuts, I pay it. Just £22 a year.

Shirley that inconsequential to any Albion supporter?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
New membership does not allow you to buy guest tickets. Therefore a family of 4 who occasionally take their young children to a game face a membership (booking) fee of £80 before they’ve even bought any tickets. That’s nonsense.

Young Seagulls Plus and Bronze got themselves plus two. Therefore "occasional" support in the past would have allowed access to a fair few tickets... Plus all the other less glamorous games and benefits that making that small financial commitment gains.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I haven’t used my plus two I get with my ST nor do I think my brother has so that’s potentially four tickets there if it helps someone out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

I’ve just checked the club site regarding ticket allocation. It states that from Thursday 28th March 2018/19 YS and Bronze Members - 0 points. Up to 2 extra tickets.

If that is the case then by paying the fee and enrolling as a new member you are able to purchase 3 tickets. I think I’ve got that one right, haven’t I?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't really understand why people are so negative about a "membership". I rarely get to the Amex but my bronze card gives me a chance of a ticket as the stadium is almost full each time. I got 4 tickets to man Utd and Middlesborough FA cup games last season. OK could have maybe got them without membership as it turns out but for £22 I think it was worth it (plus I got a nice tin with various bits of tat in) plus it is subsidising the club
No you really don’t understand do you.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I’ve just checked the club site regarding ticket allocation. It states that from Thursday 28th March 2018/19 YS and Bronze Members - 0 points. Up to 2 extra tickets.

If that is the case then by paying the fee and enrolling as a new member you are able to purchase 3 tickets. I think I’ve got that one right, haven’t I?

You can’t buy bronze membership anymore (I haven’t checked YS). You can buy next season’s membership thing (a renamed bronze membership), and that allows you no guest tickets.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Young Seagulls Plus and Bronze got themselves plus two. Therefore "occasional" support in the past would have allowed access to a fair few tickets... Plus all the other less glamorous games and benefits that making that small financial commitment gains.

Occasional supporters have never had a need to buy membership before. My brother has purchase history (no membership), and under his own name has bought Man Utd away and Chelsea away tickets, amongst others, this season. He can’t buy an FA cup semi final ticket is his own name without buying membership. I have a season ticket so obviously have got him a guest ticket, but that’s not the point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that this season’s price? (No longer available). All I can find on the website is the new membership scheme which is £15 for children.

There were two announcements close to each other.

This on 12/02/19 for this season, still available at that stage:

B38611E8-69CB-4006-9536-2C28FA864B8F.png

This on 15/03/19 for next season:

81A35FF1-7034-4961-9877-3E58114517C5.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This isn't about priority though. I can't imagine anyone has a problem with the priority aspect of it. This is about not having access to tickets at all.

There are people who go to varying number of Albion games, home and/or away, who have been unable to buy tickets for this game. They could buy a Manchester City ticket for the game however. That doesn't feel quite right to me.

I don't see any reason why, as of today, there can't be a free-for-all for whatever's left over now that the STH's, Bronzers and STH hangers-on have had their fill.

But if you don't bother becoming a member, when its been stated up front all the way along that it gets you in the queue, then :shrug:

If it was up to me, whatevers left now should just go on general sale. Personally though, if I was not a STH, I'd have bought a membership anyway to keep my foot in the door.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Whatever is left now should just go on general sale IMO - although at the start of the process, there was no guarantee that there would be anything left by this stage after the STH's and members have taken their allocations anyway.

As for your second point - its only equivalent to a booking fee now if you've decided to buy a membership purely to secure a ticket for Wembley. If you buy a membership with a view to using it over the course of a season, then you get a better choice of tickets, and will accumulate loyalty points over a year. If you choose not to be a member then you'll still get along to games, but when something like Wembley comes along, this is the downside of taking that non-membership choice.

I do have SOME sympathy with people who have purchase history without ever becoming members. But at the same time, just assuming purchase history would be enough when we get a massive occasion like this coming along with huge demand, when the club have only ever committed to members having priority...well. You makes your choice, you takes your chance.

With all that said, I'd be very surprised if there are a great number of BHA fans who simply find it impossible to get a ticket to this game, by whatever means. Even if they end up in the City end. We just need to get used to BHA being a BIT GOOD, and prepare accordingly for all future ticketing binfests.

Whatever is left now should just go on general sale IMO - although at the start of the process, there was no guarantee that there would be anything left by this stage after the STH's and members have taken their allocations anyway.

As for your second point - its only equivalent to a booking fee now if you've decided to buy a membership purely to secure a ticket for Wembley. If you buy a membership with a view to using it over the course of a season, then you get a better choice of tickets, and will accumulate loyalty points over a year. If you choose not to be a member then you'll still get along to games, but when something like Wembley comes along, this is the downside of taking that non-membership choice.

I do have SOME sympathy with people who have purchase history without ever becoming members. But at the same time, just assuming purchase history would be enough when we get a massive occasion like this coming along with huge demand, when the club have only ever committed to members having priority...well. You makes your choice, you takes your chance.

With all that said, I'd be very surprised if there are a great number of BHA fans who simply find it impossible to get a ticket to this game, by whatever means. Even if they end up in the City end. We just need to get used to BHA being a BIT GOOD, and prepare accordingly for all future ticketing binfests.

Your point would be valid if demand outstripped demand by members. It does not. STH’s and members have been able to buy tickets for 8 days. There are over 2000 tickets left (maybe there could have been more if required) so this isn’t about securing a ticket anymore. It’s about the club extracting extra money.

A few years ago some moaned about our new loyalty points system. Some moans were valid, most were not IMO. But this trumps that. Loyalty has gone. Been to 50 games since the Amex era? Been a member or STH in the past? Watch our results every week and fancy a big day out with the family?

Well up yours Mr non member Brighton fan. You can’t buy one of these tickets, although we have plenty, unless you stump up more for a membership. But don’t worry. You are welcome to buy a ticket off the exchange for Southampton tomorrow or Chelsea on Wednesday. You’ll even be able to buy a ticket for every home game next season if you’re organised. But if you wanna go to Wembley, unlucky, unless you pay.......

Or you wanna sit in the City end. They have a great choice of seats available and will happily take your money.

Still time to make this right. A timely statement that they are on general sale at the Amex would make a lot of sense.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Your point would be valid if demand outstripped demand by members. It does not. STH’s and members have been able to buy tickets for 8 days. There are over 2000 tickets left (maybe there could have been more if required) so this isn’t about securing a ticket anymore. It’s about the club extracting extra money.

A few years ago some moaned about our new loyalty points system. Some moans were valid, most were not IMO. But this trumps that. Loyalty has gone. Been to 50 games since the Amex era? Been a member or STH in the past? Watch our results every week and fancy a big day out with the family?

Well up yours Mr non member Brighton fan. You can’t buy one of these tickets, although we have plenty, unless you stump up more for a membership. But don’t worry. You are welcome to buy a ticket off the exchange for Southampton tomorrow or Chelsea on Wednesday. You’ll even be able to buy a ticket for every home game next season if you’re organised. But if you wanna go to Wembley, unlucky, unless you pay.......

Or you wanna sit in the City end. They have a great choice of seats available and will happily take your money.

Still time to make this right. A timely statement that they are on general sale at the Amex would make a lot of sense.

I agree to a point, but when you talk of this 2,000 unsold tickets, you're looking at it in hindsight - nobody knew 8-10 days ago that we'd have that availability by this stage, and bear in mind we only have that now because extra tickets were eventually released due to slow sales in the City end. So its quite conceivable that ALL tickets would've gone to STH's, members, and then the STH +2's.

And now that the club have subsequently sold memberships to people who just wanted Wembley tickets, I'm not sure how well it'd go down with those particular folk if the spares just went on general sale now, with no membership necessary. That said, as I said earlier, I think after the +2's, whatever was left should've just gone on general now.

We've sold 30k+. There will be very, very few people genuinely missing out on this game, if any. If they are, it'll largely be through their own stubbornness over membership IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here