Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Bloody Students

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
It's tough Kneon, the value of photography has diminished in recent years, but image libraries such as Alamy are a great way to start, and as a student he'll get 100% commission, but he'll also get valuable insight as to what sells and what are current market trends. If he's anything like his dad though he should be OK. Most people won't know, but your wildlife pics on the 'general photography' thread are absolutely brilliant, couldn't wait to see your Kenya stuff.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
It's tough Kneon, the value of photography has diminished in recent years, but image libraries such as Alamy are a great way to start, and as a student he'll get 100% commission, but he'll also get valuable insight as to what sells and what are current market trends. If he's anything like his dad though he should be OK. Most people won't know, but your wildlife pics on the 'general photography' thread are absolutely brilliant, couldn't wait to see your Kenya stuff.

Thanks mate. Very kind words - I'll post some more pics on there later!
He's just accepted an unconditional offer to study wildlife photography at Uni. He was also featured in Practical Photography magazine this week in a section on new talent so he's quite upbeat about his photography at the moment!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Thanks mate. Very kind words - I'll post some more pics on there later!
He's just accepted an unconditional offer to study wildlife photography at Uni. He was also featured in Practical Photography magazine this week in a section on new talent so he's quite upbeat about his photography at the moment!

Brilliant mate. Always remember my first pic in Practical Photography, a shot of Brighton Pier through a rain drenched window, they gave me a Manfrotto tripod and monopod which I still use today. Always a great buzz to see your work in print, he must be so chuffed as they're very particular.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Brilliant mate. Always remember my first pic in Practical Photography, a shot of Brighton Pier through a rain drenched window, they gave me a Manfrotto tripod and monopod which I still use today. Always a great buzz to see your work in print, he must be so chuffed as they're very particular.

He's over the moon!
Still waiting to see my first pic in print!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is Mr Ukon Dala, he lives alone in a monastery with his 3 cats. He loves it when foreigners visit him, he's very lonely, but he does keep banging on about Ovaltine, he loves it. Lovely chap, spent an hour chatting to him

View attachment 105917

Super photo. I'd love to learn how to take portraits like that, but none of my relatives or friends will ever sit/pose for me to practice! (and the cat never sits still enough for long enough...)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
[MENTION=27519]Petunia[/MENTION] is spot on, money isn't everything, can't imagine doing anything else, Mrs Shingle has a different view though.

Depends how smashed I get tonight (its 7pm over here) I'll post a few pics.

Love and respect to all NSC ers as always,

I have just looked at your pictures on t’internet. Absolutely stunning:bowdown:

There are plenty of Seagulls Downunder who would say ‘Hi’ if you are ever this side of the world:thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A May Zing Darling! Where’s the section on Scouse grannies mind?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Super photo. I'd love to learn how to take portraits like that, but none of my relatives or friends will ever sit/pose for me to practice! (and the cat never sits still enough for long enough...)

Thanks mate

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I have just looked at your pictures on t’internet. Absolutely stunning:bowdown:

There are plenty of Seagulls Downunder who would say ‘Hi’ if you are ever this side of the world:thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice comments mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here