Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

All this conjecture about buying players to NOT play for us, and just to make a profit, is just bollox IMHO...

It’s not bollocks it’s a tried and tested model - see Chelsea.

Clearly along the way you HOPE one of the players proves themselves good enough to play for you and that you don’t just sell them but realistically that’s the model. Speculate to accumulate to sell.

In the case of Tau it’s the most logical conclusion as there are no circumstances, legal or footballing [SA winning the Cup of Nations doesn’t guarantee they leap into the top 50] that would enable him to qualify for a work permit to play for us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, I saw Chris statement AFTER the window closed... pretty obviously (I assume!) PR BS since we did not add to the 1st team squad, so Chris just trying to assure the fans that this wasn't an issue... but, yes, that is just me reading between the lines...

I am certainly NOT saying what you are saying in your last sentence.

I, unlike many poster's on this thread, just DON'T believe we are buying players to make a quick buck... IMHO, the Tau transfer has just gone wrong, and we were probably expecting him to have a work permit for the 2019/20 season... with Mac, I still expect to see him with us soonest (but did not expect him to be here last season)...

All this conjecture about buying players to NOT play for us, and just to make a profit, is just bollox IMHO...

Agreed.

I don't believe the club has bought players for the sole purpose of being 'flipped' elsewhere.

But I do believe the club negotiated deals that were almost 'foolproof' because in a non-injury related, worst case scenario, the players could be flipped elsewhere for a decent profit.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Are there any Chelsea players unable to play in the UK due to permit issues ?

I actually think there is, though i can't name them off the top of my head. They had Delac, a GK, for years and couldn't sort a WP out for most of it, Wallace and Bertand Traore in the past had issues. Henry Onyekuru at Everton who is highly regarded has had problems.
It happens.
Just seems a very odd tactic and I'm not sure why we'd do it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Barham's tash;8927420[B said:
]It’s not bollocks it’s a tried and tested model - see Chelsea. [/B]

Clearly along the way you HOPE one of the players proves themselves good enough to play for you and that you don’t just sell them but realistically that’s the model. Speculate to accumulate to sell.

In the case of Tau it’s the most logical conclusion as there are no circumstances, legal or footballing [SA winning the Cup of Nations doesn’t guarantee they leap into the top 50] that would enable him to qualify for a work permit to play for us.

Fattening players ready for market. It's what farmers do with animals.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It’s not bollocks it’s a tried and tested model - see Chelsea.

It is bollocks by the way and I've heard from am immaculate source. Player available and strong likelihood rules would change post-Brexit.

Being forced to sell again, merely a "backstop".

Chelsea scooping up players available to play in the UK/pan EU is a different kettle of fish.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is bollocks by the way and I've heard from am immaculate source. Player available and strong likelihood rules would change post-Brexit.

Chelsea scooping up players available to play in the UK/pan EU is a different kettle of fish.

He or she may well have been dressed perfectly, but I suspect you meant "impeccable". :lol:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Out of interest why do your think the club official I overheard would lie to an owner from the NHL and otherwise unidentified European club officials?

Rules won’t change post Brexit to be more favourable. Have you not been paying any attention to Brexit generally? One of the cornerstones of the leave campaign is around migration and immigration, tightening the borders...

We’ve got European and non Europeans at work scared shitless about the prospect. Anyway.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I was trying to think of a comparable case for a work permit. Juan Foyth had only made 7 league appearances and a few caps at u20 level yet he was given a work permit, the transfer fees are pretty similar too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I actually think there is, though i can't name them off the top of my head. They had Delac, a GK, for years and couldn't sort a WP out for most of it, Wallace and Bertand Traore in the past had issues. Henry Onyekuru at Everton who is highly regarded has had problems.
It happens.
Just seems a very odd tactic and I'm not sure why we'd do it.

We haven't done it... I hope that helps solve your inner conflict!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Out of interest why do your think the club official I overheard would lie to an owner from the NHL and otherwise unidentified European club officials?

Rules won’t change post Brexit to be more favourable. Have you not been paying any attention to Brexit generally? One of the cornerstones of the leave campaign is around migration and immigration, tightening the borders...

We’ve got European and non Europeans at work scared shitless about the prospect. Anyway.

Okay, this club official... was he senior enough to know? Was he a BS artist trying to show what a billy big bollox he is? Is he a figment of your imagination? Do you have an anti-club leadership agenda?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has the guy actually shown ANY enthusiasm to come and play for the mighty Albion. If he has I’ve missed it

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has the guy actually shown ANY enthusiasm to come and play for the mighty Albion. If he has I’ve missed it

I know Percy did, but no so sure about this guy... that said, the fact he signed for us does show some amount of enthusiasm, Shirley!?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know Percy did, but no so sure about this guy... that said, the fact he signed for us does show some amount of enthusiasm, Shirley!?

Here are my bank account details enthusiasm. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here