Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Shame as I think he would have been a cracking signing and would have got a lot more game time here than at Utd.
Had the timing of Potter coming and Uniteds interest not overlapped I reckon we could have tempted him here with regular football and a manager he knows

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As a child that grew up in Brighton during the 90’s I take great delight at watching Man Utd turn into a complete circus. Woodward is clueless, Solskjaer seems clueless, their recruitment has been abysmal, they’re paying Sanchez £500,000 pw to not play, De Gea has refused a new contract, they have 1 good defender. What a delightful debacle.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we want to talk about loans, I agree he's not the type to target. Young and developing we need to do that with our own players or permanent signings.

The type to target is the Wayne Bridge type. Rotting on the bench of a big 6 team and massively overpaid. You don't want Sanchez types who aren't determined to prove they deserve the next deal as he'll walk into another deal somewhere abroad and knows it. A Danny Drinkwater type is probably worth a punt though if we can't buy him and if we won't have to contribute TOO much of his wages. For Bridge (who had the ideal mentality) we reportedly paid 10% in the Champ, so I expect it might have to be 25-33% of a big contract but why not look at deals like that for the short term. For leaders to come in alongside our own youngsters.

We probably wouldn't manage to be their next club as if they are successful someone like palarse or West Ham would triple our wages offer, but we'd get value in the mean time and importantly it might help the development of our own youngsters and increase their value in the mean time. Just talking one leader so as not to block playing time much, not a whole transfer policy approach.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we want to talk about loans, I agree he's not the type to target. Young and developing we need to do that with our own players or permanent signings.

The type to target is the Wayne Bridge type. Rotting on the bench of a big 6 team and massively overpaid. You don't want Sanchez types who aren't determined to prove they deserve the next deal as he'll walk into another deal somewhere abroad and knows it. A Danny Drinkwater type is probably worth a punt though if we can't buy him and if we won't have to contribute TOO much of his wages. For Bridge (who had the ideal mentality) we reportedly paid 10% in the Champ, so I expect it might have to be 25-33% of a big contract but why not look at deals like that for the short term. For leaders to come in alongside our own youngsters.

We probably wouldn't manage to be their next club as if they are successful someone like palarse or West Ham would triple our wages offer, but we'd get value in the mean time and importantly it might help the development of our own youngsters and increase their value in the mean time. Just talking one leader so as not to block playing time much, not a whole transfer policy approach.

Agree completely.

I any business, you use loans or short term contracts for skills you don't currently have and for your own team to learn from. You don't bring in short term to develop and teach players for others. The only short term need that could be fulfilled by a youngster who is learning may be the Izquierdo cover till Xmas.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Marcus Thuram has just been relegated.

Danny James has got pace but so did Oliver Burke and Will Buckley.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very predictable, those who called this early on as a win for ManU were correct.

Once any player is praised by all, for great performances seen on TV, it’s too late for the likes of Albion.

The club need to be ahead of the game.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sad news. Hope he and the family get through this.

It doesn't matter who you are or how great your life is going, this sort of stuff can destroy anyone especially at his young age. Thoughts and prayers for James and anyone else who's going through a painful loss.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very easy to forget the age of footballers, media exposure at the same time, poor man.

We all go through it and he will come out stronger.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utds-daniel-james-transfer-16310894

Seems we were not interested..
Reports earlier on Tuesday suggested that a deal had been agreed for the winger, who has burst onto the scene in South Wales under the tutelage of Graham Potter.
The 44-year-old has since departed the Liberty Stadium for Brighton, with rumours circulating last week that he was keen to take James with him to the Amex Stadium.
But it is understood that the south coast were never in for him. Indeed, no other side are believed to be in the frame at present, despite a list of clubs linked with him over the past few weeks.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Just seen that.

I thought it was dead and buried, but maybe we’ve got a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here