Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Man City win the league at the Amex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Man City forum is a right laugh at the moment; the majority predicting they will stuff us (fair enough) but you can sense the under-current of fear that we could wreck their party. One cretin claims we are only plastic Albion fans as a poll on here says that 50% of us want the Scousers to win the Prem....errrrr what about the other 50% then?

I have just having a read of that thread, I can't decide if it makes me laugh or get angry. All forgotten where they came from, one wants to spend another £300M this summer to make them unbeatable, and many saying they would much prefer the Treble than the Champions League. Funny that now they are out.

Some are now getting upset because our lap of honour will come before any trophy presentation. If they do win it I would love it if our fans stayed and spent the whole presentation singing to drown it out.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I have just having a read of that thread, I can't decide if it makes me laugh or get angry. All forgotten where they came from, one wants to spend another £300M this summer to make them unbeatable, and many saying they would much prefer the Treble than the Champions League. Funny that now they are out.

Some are now getting upset because our lap of honour will come before any trophy presentation. If they do win it I would love it if our fans stayed and spent the whole presentation singing to drown it out.

Are they forgetting who's ground it is ???? What gives them the right to be upset that the trophy presentation would be after OUR Lap of Honour, that's if they win it of course.

I wasn't really bothered who wins the league, don't like either team. But now I really don't want City to win it. My view was just that I wanted our boys to get a draw/win, just to finish the season off in a fantastic way. That the ground wouldn't empty at 80 minutes (earlier if we are loosing ) and all our fans stay to the end to cheer our boys!

But now I want us to draw/win and Liverpool win, so Liverpool get the trophy and they leave OUR ground with their tails between their legs or failing that, like you say it would be wonderful if all the fans stay to drown out their presentation.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Frankly, my thoughts on the title race are very clear. Both are brilliant teams and both would be deserving Champions.

But City have thrown money around in an obscene way for a decade, money which is suspiciously and grubbily sourced. Liverpool have also spent a lot of money but also generated a lot more in sales and they've developed a team over a number of years. I would prefer Liverpool to win the league, they would be a new PL winner and it would really annoy all of Manchester. Which is ideal. :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And for that reason alone it is a truly GREAT decision. Well done Barber for presumably standing your ground?
The retirement of Bruno just adds to the excellence of this decision. Ground should stay full of appreciative Albion fans for the players' lap with special adulation reserved for El Capitan.

Presumably the stands will empty out for any subsequent City presentation and love-in. Not sure what I'll do in that circumstance but can imagine most will start heading home or to the bar.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The retirement of Bruno just adds to the excellence of this decision. Ground should stay full of appreciative Albion fans for the players' lap with special adulation reserved for El Capitan.

Presumably the stands will empty out for any subsequent City presentation and love-in. Not sure what I'll do in that circumstance but can imagine most will start heading home or to the bar.

Exactly - this is brilliant. Lap of appreciation, huge ovation for Bruno, then we can all **** off and let City be presented with the title (if they're lucky enough to scrape a win) in front of the (still full) South Stand with the rest of the ground almost empty. Everyone's a winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here