Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Man City win the league at the Amex

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Does the trophy sit in a helicopter somewhere halfway between us and Liverpool? If City do win the game, they'll pick up the trophy at the Amex for the TV shots if nothing else. It might be that they'll bring their replica from last season though ahead of getting the new one in hand after the game. I doubt they're going to want to be hanging around too long for the trophy, should they win it.

I really believe that we'll give them a good game and I can see us nicking a win late on, when they're committing everyone forward to try and win the game. I think City are a better team overall than Liverpool, but you'd expect that given the obscene and morally bankrupt investment in the last decade from a less than reputable source.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Does the trophy sit in a helicopter somewhere halfway between us and Liverpool? If City do win the game, they'll pick up the trophy at the Amex for the TV shots if nothing else. It might be that they'll bring their replica from last season though ahead of getting the new one in hand after the game. I doubt they're going to want to be hanging around too long for the trophy, should they win it.

I really believe that we'll give them a good game and I can see us nicking a win late on, when they're committing everyone forward to try and win the game. I think City are a better team overall than Liverpool, but you'd expect that given the obscene and morally bankrupt investment in the last decade from a less than reputable source.

Just try to forget the "AGUERO" commentator shout from 2013 (?).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just try to forget the "AGUERO" commentator shout from 2013 (?).

I remember that moment very well, I was with a genuine City fan at the time and we all went mental. But it was novel, new club winning the league and putting one in the eye of Man United. Now the tables have turned, City are the best and have been for years. I never felt the dislike of Man United during their dominance, but I understand it now. City just rub me up the wrong way, brilliant as though they are.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Replica trophy awaits Liverpool while Manchester City get the real deal

Liverpool will have to lift a replica Premier League trophy at Anfield if they win the title on the final day of the season this weekend.

Manchester City go into their final game of the season away to Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday with a one-point lead over their rivals, who host Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Given that City or Liverpool could win the title, the Premier League has had to plan for both eventualities.

As well as the real trophy, the Premier League owns a replica, which is identical in size, design and look. Just like the real thing, it is made from solid sterling silver and has an engraved base detailing past champions. The second trophy stays with the Premier League all season and is taken on tours around the world and is often used in television broadcasts.

That replica trophy will be at Anfield on Sunday as Liverpool have a lesser chance of being top of the table given that they are one point behind City.

The real trophy has been at the Etihad Stadium all year given that City won the competition last season. It will be transported to the Amex Stadium at Brighton on Sunday and will be lifted by Vincent Kompany, the City captain, if his team become champions again.

If Liverpool win the league, they will swap the replica trophy for the real trophy some time next week.

A “trophy presentation team” from the Premier League will be at both grounds to cover both outcomes. There will be a presentation stage at both stadiums so that the winners will be able to celebrate on the pitch after the final whistle.

A 20-strong set of Premier League winner’s medals will be at both stadiums and will be handed out to the champions. Any player who has played more than five matches is guaranteed a medal, as are coaching staff.

If City win the title, Premier League interim chair Claudia Arney will hand out the medals as she will be at Brighton. Richard Masters, the Premier League’s interim chief executive, will do the same at Anfield if Liverpool win the title.

City and Liverpool have nominated people from their local community to hand over the trophy to the winning captain on the stage.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...e-manchester-city-get-the-real-deal-zcwg9nz29

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
vbv.JPG

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again, DO THE LAP OF HONOUR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE GAME, otherwise most people have gone home and what is the point.

I always stay but it's a test of my loyalty I have to say. Very dull.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I've said it before and I'll say it again, DO THE LAP OF HONOUR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE GAME, otherwise most people have gone home and what is the point.

Totally agree. They've earned it the last few years. This year not so much.

I'm certainly not staying around for the Man City trophy presentation.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Totally agree. They've earned it the last few years. This year not so much.

I'm certainly not staying around for the Man City trophy presentation.

I won't either once our players have done their lap and have left the pitch. I will be out of there! I have no interest in the Premier League Champions presentation/celebration if City win it . :glare:

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I'm astonished at that (that the presentation has to wait until AFTER our players' lap) Sky will HATE it!

I love that Sky will hate it! :clap2:

It is our ground and our players come 1st! I guess they won't broadcast our players doing their normal lap of honour! They will be talking about how the wonderful Man City have won the League :annoyed:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It’s not a lap of honour though is it.....chance for the players to trot round and show their appreciation for the support ...of course you can clap back

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I love that Sky will hate it! :clap2:

It is our ground and our players come 1st! I guess they won't broadcast our players doing their normal lap of honour! They will be talking about how the wonderful Man City have won the League :annoyed:

Of course with Liverpool winning and us grinding out a draw this scenario won’t occur....shame

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Totally agree. They've earned it the last few years. This year not so much..

The "we narrowly avoided relegation lap" after the match doesn't have the same ring to it does it? Doubt I'll have much enthusiasm for it unless we win on Sunday.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Of course with Liverpool winning and us grinding out a draw this scenario won’t occur....shame

That would be a wonderful end to the season!

I'm not bothered who wins the League, but for our boys to stop the cup being presented at OUR ground will be the icing on the cake for me!

This has been a difficult season, but for me, surviving the second season syndrome and having another season in the Premier League, and reaching the FA Cup Semi Final, going to Wembley and only being beaten by one goal, I think our boys have done well considering we are new boys!

Something to celebrate!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent news that I won't have to hang around for the inevitable presentation, but will still be able to clap off my group of fearless lionhearts and their cute offsprings.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm astonished at that (that the presentation has to wait until AFTER our players' lap) Sky will HATE it!

Nah, I reckon Sky (let's face facts, it's the one calling the shots, not the Albion) has called it right . If City are champions, straight after the whistle, there will have interviews with the players/Pep on the pitch, montages of the season and chat in the studio all the time that the Albion players are going around the ground. By the time all of that takes place, the trophy presentation platform is created and health and safety called in to check the fireworks our brave boys would be back in the sanctuary of the dressing room and Sky will cut back to the pitch and the fun and games can then take place.

In the event of a defeat and the title heading to Anfield, then who knows what might happen. Lots of close-ups of crying City fans?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The Man City forum is a right laugh at the moment; the majority predicting they will stuff us (fair enough) but you can sense the under-current of fear that we could wreck their party. One cretin claims we are only plastic Albion fans as a poll on here says that 50% of us want the Scousers to win the Prem....errrrr what about the other 50% then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here