Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Using both feet

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
31266891.jpg

I tell you what, if you want to be as big an arse as the other feel free, I don't come here to bullshit. He has his gang now. As I said before people on here would back me up, but to be honest, when you get a-holes like you two, it isn't about proving what you have done. You just try to enhance the thread and hope idiots like you don't take it over. Simple really.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Standby, Easy. You'll have Sussex Nomates following you around the Big Board.

:facepalm:

Edit: Oh. Too late. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tell you what, if you want to be as big an arse as the other feel free, I don't come here to bullshit. He has his gang now. As I said before people on here would back me up, but to be honest, when you get a-holes like you two, it isn't about proving what you have done. You just try to enhance the thread and hope idiots like you don't take it over. Simple really.

You've already enhanced this thread immensely chap. [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] very regularly gives me a proper snigger on here, and the fact its so royally crawled up your arse is very chucklesome.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You've already enhanced this thread immensely chap. [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] very regularly gives me a proper snigger on here, and the fact its so royally crawled up your arse is very chucklesome.

Brothers in Arms, if it floats your boat, carry on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
:lolol:

I guess I'm in YOUR GANG now. As long as it doesn't get too Gary Glitter, I'm IN.

Do I get a badge ?

Why. Just why does someone think you are a complete bullshitter when you played the game at a lower level and could use both feet, why?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's a fair question, but I don't think your example is the best. Using your other foot with a degree of comfort and confidence is one thing, using it to volley a crossed ball is another.

As to the answer...
some players just aren't any good with their other foot.

You're welcome.

Volleying a cross ball with the weak foot is the easiest of weak foot tasks as the cross has some of the power. Or if the ball bobbles nicely from a clearance. As an inverted winger, beating the man and crossing with the weak foot should be in the realms of possibility.

What I think is harder is beating the man and shooting with the weak foot like Lualua could do. Or an instep curler with the weak foot like Buckley against Blackpool. Instep curler is hard enough with the strong foot.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is where ARSE comes into play because you are idiots. Oh and I really did score five in my final game and all left footed and we lost about 13-10 in a five a side.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why. just why does someone think you are a complete bullshitter when you played the game at a lower level and could use both feet, why?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't know you. You don't know me. Yes, you could be the undiscovered Franz Beckenbaur for all I know. If you are, I'm sorry I haven't fully appreciated your craft, but on these hallowed pages, there's not a lot to go on. I get emails from nigerians telling me I have rich first-removed uncles who have recently been savaged by lions in the serengeti, and that my inheritance is awaiting if I would only submit my bank details to Worldwide Credit Union. Should I doubt them ? Well, I'd like to believe them, buuuut my instinct tells me otherwise.

But hey, keep playing, champ. NEVER give up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't know you. You don't know me. Yes, you could be the undiscovered Franz Beckenbaur for all I know. If you are, I'm sorry I haven't fully appreciated your craft, but on these hallowed pages, there's not a lot to go on. I get emails from nigerians telling me I have rich first-removed uncles who have recently been savaged by lions in the serengeti, and that my inheritance is awaiting if I would only submit my bank details to Worldwide Credit Union. Should I doubt them ? Well, I'd like to believe them, buuuut my instinct tells me otherwise.

But hey, keep playing, champ. NEVER give up.

Why do you try to put someone down so badly whilst trying to gain NSC points? Why do you feel the need to do that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do you try to put someone down so badly whilst trying to gain NSC points? Why do you feel the need to do that?

I think you take this place a little too seriously fella. Take a step back. Really, nothing on here matters. I sometimes tend to be flippant and sarcastic. If I genuinely annoyed or upset you then I apologise, but I take absolutely nothing on here to heart and I assume, perhaps wrongly, that everyone else treats it the same.

Don't EVER take me seriously. Maybe I need it in my signature.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think you take this place a little too seriously fella. Take a step back. Really, nothing on here matters. I sometimes tend to be flippant and sarcastic. If I genuinely annoyed or upset you then I apologise, but I take absolutely nothing on here to heart and I assume, perhaps wrongly, that everyone else treats it the same.

Don't EVER take me seriously. Maybe I need it in my signature.

Always liked you, no worries.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But, you think, with the amount of money they are paid, they, as defenders would know which way to take a player. You don't allow Knocky inside of you, it really is that simple no? I could do both feet so had an advantage, in fact the last game I ever played I scored five on my left foot, but I'm right footed. What do these overpaid knobs not get?

I remember talking to the late Mel Hopkins about how to stop a winger. Interceptions before the winger got the ball was best (but if you miscalculated the winger got a head start, so recovery speed was important). Failing that shepherding him on to his weaker foot was valid, which in those days was inside.

I asked him who was the worst to face and he said a winger at Sheffield United because of sheer pace. Stanley Matthews was awkward because despite knowing what he was going to do, it was impossible to stop him. He said Garrincha was tricky but he was not worried about that.

Addenda: falling over in front of the winger and tripping him up pretending it was an accident wasn't mentioned.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember talking to the late Mel Hopkins about how to stop a winger. Interceptions before the winger got the ball was best (but if you miscalculated the winger got a head start, so recovery speed was important). Failing that shepherding him on to his weaker foot was valid, which in those days was inside.

I asked him who was the worst to face and he said a winger at Sheffield United because of sheer pace. Stanley Matthews was awkward because despite knowing what he was going to do, it was impossible to stop him. He said Garrincha was tricky but he was not worried about that.

Garrincha, ah, how many times do you see that name online, Probably the greatest player of all time. Bow legged and everything.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Addenda: falling over in front of the winger and tripping him up pretending it was an accident wasn't mentioned.

Died very young did Gariicha, in his 50s.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Garrincha, ah, how many times do you see that name online, Probably the greatest player of all time. Bow legged and everything.

"In the entire history of football no one made more people happy. When he was out there, the pitch was a circus ring, the ball a tamed animal, the match a party invitation. Garrincha nurtured his pet, the ball, and together they created such mischief that people almost died laughing. He jumped over it, it gambolled around him, hid itself away, skipped off and made him run after it. And on the way, his opponents ran into each other."
— Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan writer (wiki)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"In the entire history of football no one made more people happy. When he was out there, the pitch was a circus ring, the ball a tamed animal, the match a party invitation. Garrincha nurtured his pet, the ball, and together they created such mischief that people almost died laughing. He jumped over it, it gambolled around him, hid itself away, skipped off and made him run after it. And on the way, his opponents ran into each other."
— Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan writer (wiki)

Probably the greatest player the world has never known about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here