Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When does (did) the football season end for you?

When does (did) the football season end for you?

• 4th May - Albion safe from relegation

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • 12th May -Albion's last game of the season

Votes: 68 45.3%
  • 18th May - FA Cup Final

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 27th May - Football League playoffs

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • 1st June - Champions League final

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • 6th June - Nations League semi (if England lose)

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 9th June - National League final

Votes: 19 12.7%

• Total voters

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
For me the season ends at the Champions League Final

I will still watch Nations League, Euros etc but I have always considered the season to be for cubs. The international tournaments are always an added bonus but 'summer football' instead of during the season

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Last Albion game of the season.

Yeah, same. Last Albion game, whatever that is (standard league game, play off, or hopefully one day the FA Cup final). Other teams might still have games but I have no interest. I know of course that there are four English teams in the European finals, but I have no clue who are in the divisional play-offs. (Derby rings a bell as I seem to remember they beat Leeds). I don't consider summer England games to be part of the 'season' as such.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Surely everything after the last round of games in the Premier/Football League is postseason?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Championship play off final holds real interest for me, more so than the Champion’s League final or Internationals so I’m done after Villa vs Derby

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Usually after I watch the cup final with my mates, but as we are getting together for the Champions League, and then the England games in the Nations League, it will probably be just in time for pre-season to start....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Usually after I watch the cup final with my mates, but as we are getting together for the Champions League, and then the England games in the Nations League, it will probably be just in time for pre-season to start....

All that football helped him lose quite a bit of weight

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've put 4th, when in fact it was the 5th against arsenal. I was away for city game so that don't count. I will watch the euro finals but they don't count as much, like the play off final as there is too long a break.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
After the England games. Then starts when the fixtures come out.

So there's a week off.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Am I the only one who actually enjoys the close season? The football does drag on a bit after the final tables. Always glad of a complete break and then coming back afresh in August. I sometimes wish the no footy bit went on a bit longer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When they stop showing it on telly. So never, really.

Its been quite a dull week with nothing on. Looking forward to the Playoffs now, and the European finals, then England. If I get desperate I might watch some of the Female World Cup I suppose.

You're not looking hard enough!

Last night, we (well my lad who has just finished his Uni year :rolleyes: ) watched:

1. The first leg of the Bundesliga relegation / promotion play-off (great game - second tier Union Berlin drawing level at 2-2 at the death)
then flicked over to the last few minutes of the...
2. First leg of the SPL relegation / promotion play-off, Dundee Utd v St.Mirren.
...and then, at midnight or so...
3. Italy v Mexico, in the U20 World Cup

Once all the play offs and European cup finals are done, this summer still offers:

The U20 World Cup
The Toulon U21 tournament (Aaron Connolly's first U21 involvement)
The U21 European Championships
The Nations League Finals
The Copa America
The Women's World Cup
The African Cup of Nations (featuring Tau, Bong and Balogun)

Plenty of games, in between the Cricket World Cup and the start of the Ashes series...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You're not looking hard enough!

Last night, we (well my lad who has just finished his Uni year :rolleyes: ) watched:

1. The first leg of the Bundesliga relegation / promotion play-off (great game - second tier Union Berlin drawing level at 2-2 at the death)
then flicked over to the last few minutes of the...
2. First leg of the SPL relegation / promotion play-off, Dundee Utd v St.Mirren.
...and then, at midnight or so...
3. Italy v Mexico, in the U20 World Cup

Once all the play offs and European cup finals are done, this summer still offers:

The U20 World Cup
The Toulon U21 tournament (Aaron Connolly's first U21 involvement)
The U21 European Championships
The Nations League Finals
The Copa America
The Women's World Cup
The African Cup of Nations (featuring Tau, Bong and Balogun)

Plenty of games, in between the Cricket World Cup and the start of the Ashes series...

And Yves Bissouma, for Mali.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here