Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Since when is any contact a pen? Do people forget contact is allowed in football? He’s not touched him mind, no idea what special angle you’ve seen. :shrug:

Probably a good idea I had to put down the keyboard and pick up a roast for the second half as a binfest would have spolied a great second half by us and, in any case, half time convinced me it WASN'T a penalty. NSC User in "admits self was wrong" shocker! But......

Firstly it's a weak challenge and from behind. By a touch you only have to put the attacker fractionally off balance - ironically what happened to March for our pen in the second. It's silly and gives the ref a decision to make but, having now seen it numerous times, I'd say we were harshly treated.

Quite pleased with that performance but it does nothing to sort out next season. Again it's the Championship team to the rescue - March. Murray, Knocky, D&D, Bruno. We are still at the interesting point that we have spent tens of millions on players who look very much surplus to requirements. Bissouma and Bernardo are honourable exceptions - must hang on to those two.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Overall a good performance, and a good result.

I ironed about 20 shirts whilst watching!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
:lolol::lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20190505-193119_Chrome.jpg
:lolol::lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Serious lot of love for us, Dunk, Duffy and of course Hughton from the spurs fans...... Just as we've been rooting for Liverpool, Fulham and Palace, they were all Brighton fans today......
Quick everyone, let's go on the Spurs forum and tell them they
Should be embarrassed how you limped over the line pinning your hopes on others.
:lol:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Yes I know that we've gone away to a top 6 side who were fighting hard to get int he top 4, and we've earned a point, but...

Hughton has lost the dressing room, the players won't play for him
The players won't even play for the club, they're not interested
Hughton wouldn't allow the players to go forward, negative is all he knows
The players simply aren't good enough, we need to change them all
That game brought shame upon the Premier League, we stunk the Emirates out
We're clearly the worst team to ever survive a season in the Premier League

That was a joke right?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hopefully he’s learned a thing or two today and won’t be so defensive in the future.

Exactly. Played without fear and had a go, without being stupid in any way. Got a point at a big club.

Whereas, we played at Spurs with absolute rigidity, though the players were superb - but when the deck was breached it was too late to grab an equaliser.

I don't think anyone expects us to play like Man City or even Norwich. We just have to change the mindset from "don't concede" to "keep it tight but let's try and get on the scoreboard".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here