Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] A promise from me.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
For someone who is generally of a tolerant, soft 'liberal' persuasion I do believe we are far too tolerant on crime and that a radical change is required.

We should allow everyone to carry weapons and kill each other if one violates another's rights. That would make sure our nation was not tolerant of crime. This right of gun ownership should be a basic human right in our country. Then there would a lot less tolerance on crime. That would be a radical change which is obviously needed. Of course our country might be criticized by other countries for being too violent.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Sorry this has happened. Absolute disgrace that decent senior citizens can't be strictly off-limits to these morons. Of course there never has been honour among thieves but when the Krays ran the East End nobody would have dared to turn over an old lady. Shame there's not a local Firm out there to have "a word" with the lowlifes......or is there?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We should allow everyone to carry weapons and kill each other if one violates another's rights. That would make sure our nation was not tolerant of crime. This right of gun ownership should be a basic human right in our country. Then there would a lot less tolerance on crime. That would be a radical change which is obviously needed. Of course our country might be criticized by other countries for being too violent.

I don't read too many of your comments so not sure whether you are being serious or taking the piss, I assume the latter.

Committing a crime to stop a crime is not what I was saying but as you have gone into Blue Sky Thinking mode then how about making sentences more meaningful e.g. if you are sentenced to 5 years you go to jail for 5 years or if you are a repeat offender then you stay inside. I know people will say about what about the poor souls who had a hard upbringing well there are plenty of those who don't commit crime and there are plenty of poor people who are the victims of crime.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
My eighty five year old dad died three months ago - a good age.
To make my old mums life a bit easier [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] installed an outside tap on the front of her bungalow in Coldean a week ago.
It was fitted low down behind fence posts and set back twenty feet from the pavement, so not really visible.
A week later some scumbag has nicked it (no jokes please)
The tap cost a fiver-easily replaceable and cheap because [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] doesn't charge me :smile:
The problem now is my family and my mum know someone has been on her property and possibly watching us.
Ironically we had cameras installed inside the bungalow and one on her back garden to keep an eye on her.
We will now install a camera covering the front and remove the tap each evening - a pain in the arse.
Not a day goes by without my mum getting scammer phone calls and various odd people coming to the door.
Luckily this year I have been around more often than normal and sent them on their way.

I promise if I catch the turd that did this his family will wonder why they haven't seen him for a while.

This might make you feel better. Just imagine, Falmer pond...

Scaphism

Scaphism-Death.jpg

For sheer, delirious, nauseating horror, scaphism may be one of the worst execution methods ever devised. Practiced by the Ancient Persians, starting around 500 B.C., it saw the victim placed inside a hollowed-out log or narrow boat, their hands and feet tied to each end.

The victim was then forced to ingest a mixture of milk and honey until they uncontrollably voided their bowels, at which point their skin was smeared with more milk and honey before they were left exposed in the sun and surrounded by their own feces and vomit.

It was at this point that the insects would descend. Stinging and biting insects like wasps and ants would torture the victim, but worse, others would crawl inside the unprotected orifices of the subject and lay eggs, eating them alive from the inside out.

With the ration of milk and honey — and sometimes water — repeated at daily intervals, the victim had little chance of dying of thirst or hunger.

Instead, they succumbed to tortured madness, experiencing the agonizing, nightmare crawl of thousands of insects on their skin, burrowing into their eyes and ears and nose, filling their mouths, while worms and parasites bred in the filth at the bottom of the boat and squirmed up into their bowels.

Death would eventually be caused by a combination of exposure and the massive infections caused by both the insects, and the fecal matter smeared into the wounds. One account of such an execution by the Greek historian Plutarch claimed that it took the victim 17 whole days to die.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/worst-execution-methods/10

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't read too many of your comments so not sure whether you are being serious or taking the piss, I assume the latter.

Committing a crime to stop a crime is not what I was saying but as you have gone into Blue Sky Thinking mode then how about making sentences more meaningful e.g. if you are sentenced to 5 years you go to jail for 5 years or if you are a repeat offender then you stay inside. I know people will say about what about the poor souls who had a hard upbringing well there are plenty of those who don't commit crime and there are plenty of poor people who are the victims of crime.

I was taking the piss. The one thing that many may not think about with prison sentences is that an incentive for good behavior is reduced sentences. Maybe make the sentences longer in the first place. For a prisoner in for a life sentence with no chance of parole there is no incentive for good behavior. It makes the job of the prison staff more difficult.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This might make you feel better. Just imagine, Falmer pond...

Scaphism

Scaphism-Death.jpg

For sheer, delirious, nauseating horror, scaphism may be one of the worst execution methods ever devised. Practiced by the Ancient Persians, starting around 500 B.C., it saw the victim placed inside a hollowed-out log or narrow boat, their hands and feet tied to each end.

The victim was then forced to ingest a mixture of milk and honey until they uncontrollably voided their bowels, at which point their skin was smeared with more milk and honey before they were left exposed in the sun and surrounded by their own feces and vomit.

It was at this point that the insects would descend. Stinging and biting insects like wasps and ants would torture the victim, but worse, others would crawl inside the unprotected orifices of the subject and lay eggs, eating them alive from the inside out.

With the ration of milk and honey — and sometimes water — repeated at daily intervals, the victim had little chance of dying of thirst or hunger.

Instead, they succumbed to tortured madness, experiencing the agonizing, nightmare crawl of thousands of insects on their skin, burrowing into their eyes and ears and nose, filling their mouths, while worms and parasites bred in the filth at the bottom of the boat and squirmed up into their bowels.

Death would eventually be caused by a combination of exposure and the massive infections caused by both the insects, and the fecal matter smeared into the wounds. One account of such an execution by the Greek historian Plutarch claimed that it took the victim 17 whole days to die.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/worst-execution-methods/10

Good idea @WrongDirection is currently in B&Q buying a spade for digging the pond. I've found two jars of Manuka honey at the back of the cupboard.
I also have some 'green' milk that is just in date.

All I need is the scumbag :moo:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I still struggle with the death penalty - always seemed a bit harsh. But there is an argument for setting a threshold in all crim areas and if exceeded, whoosh! Think of the money we would save on prison B and B. And think of the reduction in reoffending reoffenders.

I also used to say, if someone did anything to anyone in my family, I would **** **** but I would also expect the state to stop me (ideally by arresting and sentencing the buggers first).

No matter how strongly opposed one is to capital punishment I think there are very few who would not be prepared to personally administer the penalty of death, and preferably painful death, to those who cause harm or distress to our family, especially if the victim is our dear old mum. And on such occasions the idea of actually killing someone for commiting a crime, even as seemingly trivial as stealing a tap, is perfectly rational, justifiable and even equitable.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Good idea @WrongDirection is currently in B&Q buying a spade for digging the pond. I've found two jars of Manuka honey at the back of the cupboard.
I also have some 'green' milk that is just in date.

All I need is the scumbag :moo:

I don't think it would be too unfathomably draconian for the theft of an outside tap. The law would be on your side, I'm sure.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
A few weeks back I nodded off on a bench on the seafront (sitting btw), some nutter took my water bottle, it was a scabby old plastic bottle!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My eighty five year old dad died three months ago - a good age.
To make my old mums life a bit easier [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] installed an outside tap on the front of her bungalow in Coldean a week ago.
It was fitted low down behind fence posts and set back twenty feet from the pavement, so not really visible.
A week later some scumbag has nicked it (no jokes please)
The tap cost a fiver-easily replaceable and cheap because [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] doesn't charge me :smile:
The problem now is my family and my mum know someone has been on her property and possibly watching us.
Ironically we had cameras installed inside the bungalow and one on her back garden to keep an eye on her.
We will now install a camera covering the front and remove the tap each evening - a pain in the arse.
Not a day goes by without my mum getting scammer phone calls and various odd people coming to the door.
Luckily this year I have been around more often than normal and sent them on their way.

I promise if I catch the turd that did this his family will wonder why they haven't seen him for a while.

Sorry to hear this.My mother 85 was getting scam calls and nearly paid out to " inland revenue" when told she might go to prison as she owed them.
Surprisingly Police came out chatted to her and BT were great changing her phone no by one digit. She now gets no scam calls. However if you do this remember to tell everyone or they get worried as can`t get through.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Sorry to hear this.My mother 85 was getting scam calls and nearly paid out to " inland revenue" when told she might go to prison as she owed them.
Surprisingly Police came out chatted to her and BT were great changing her phone no by one digit. She now gets no scam calls. However if you do this remember to tell everyone or they get worried as can`t get through.

That is just pure evil :nono:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sorry but they are.

Aggressive attitudes everywhere
Lack of manners
Lack of decency
Having to install CCTV (so sorry [MENTION=11499]simmo[/MENTION]_SAYS)
This whole sense of entitlement without working/earning it

Growing up I don’t re all witnessing the above to anything like the extent we do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I would add that these petty criminal scumbags know that if you report an incident to the police there is zero chance of them bothering to investigate. They don't even bother to attend most burglaries these days.

I was shocked to learn on the same day that:-

1) The police now solve less than 8% of reported crimes

2) The police are to get an inflation busting pay rise.

I'm sure that I'm not alone here in thinking that if I successfully completed less than 8% of my job I'd be getting the sack not a ****ing pay rise.

The police must do better to protect the elderly and vulnerable in our community. Otherwise the scum have won and we might all give up working and try crime for a living.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This tosser murdered a helpless 88 year old whilst carrying out a burglary.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-54648333

For once, a huge sentence, no doubt a track record preceded him. He won’t be regarded as brave in the clink.

RIP Mr Kellond.

That's incredibly sad.

I often think when I hear stories like this - what if it happened to my folks? If I knew who had done
it and there was no doubt I would spend every waking hour planning my
revenge, even if the scum was in prison. Call me childish etc - but I simply could
not rest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's incredibly sad.

I often think when I hear stories like this - what if it happened to my folks? If I knew who had done
it and there was no doubt I would spend every waking hour planning my
revenge, even if the scum was in prison. Call me childish etc - but I simply could
not rest.

Completely natural emotions. Similarly if your kids were attacked or sexually assaulted.

It’s amazing how rare this is in reality ..... civilisation I suppose. If there was a guarantee to get away with revenge scot free, that would be different.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Completely natural emotions. Similarly if your kids were attacked or sexually assaulted.

It’s amazing how rare this is in reality ..... civilisation I suppose. If there was a guarantee to get away with revenge scot free, that would be different.

Exactly. But it would eat away at me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here