Spoke to him just before he left.
Totally excited for next season.
Feels refreshed.
Rumour ends here.
Feck me that doesn't even rhyme.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
An observation on Knocky was that towards the end of last season I saw him constantly look at CH for guidance. Once, on how far forward he should be from a Brighton throw in. Hughton told him to push forward and Knocky went forwards about 5 metres, and then Hughton frantically told him he had gone too far forwards and Knocky moved back a couple of metres. Now I know there are issues around guidance but this seemed like real micro management which I think would take some of Knocky's self confidence away.this coming season it's going to be interesting seeing how he goes under the management of GP. Will he blossom as he's not micro managed, or will he struggle to adapt.
I'd love to see him flourish as he's one of the squad with real creative ability. His cross for the Andone goal versus Huddersfield and his winner against Palace show what he can do.
He looks happy in the training picture.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Knocky

Our best player to get us up to the Prem
Our best deliverer of a set piece (well maybe Gross)
Scores goals
Just scored a belter at Selhurst to win us a famous double over them
High work rate
Unbelievable skill
Gets the crowd going
Winds the opposition up
Speaks openly about his mental health issues
Part of the best partnership down the right hand side of the pitch we've ever had

Anyone who doesn't think we are lucky to have him, have to a think about whether you'd like him up against us. If we do sell him, it certainly won't be to a Championship club

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Will excel in a GP side great ball carrier gets the team up the pitch, you pay to watch players like AK when on form they are worth the admission alone. His performance against Man Utd at home was superb hopefully we will be treated to more consistent performances this season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
After the Bournemouth red card I'd finally decided I wanted him gone. You can allow his petulance and issues in the Championship where he's the best player, but he doesn't have enough ability at the top level for it. I never thought he'd shine in the Premier League, and so far I've been right.

However, with a more expansive and attacking coach, we would be silly to get rid of him before seeing if he can flourish under this kind of system. He has one more season to prove he can do it, I would think.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Knocky

Scores goals
High work rate
Unbelievable skill
Gets the crowd going
Winds the opposition up
Part of the best partnership down the right hand side of the pitch we've ever had

Anyone who doesn't think we are lucky to have him, have to a think about whether you'd like him up against us. If we do sell him, it certainly won't be to a Championship club

A list like that, as always, has two sides.

Petulance, end product, distribution, knowing when to pass etc...the French arrogance needs to be looked at as whole. Some truly great moments, and some equally forgettable ones.

Furthermore, as mentioned above, I am yet to be convinced that he is truly PL quality on a consistent basis.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Knocky

Scores goals
High work rate
Unbelievable skill
Gets the crowd going
Winds the opposition up

100% This. Players like Knocky are as rare as hens teeth... he's one to hold onto...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know knocky.
Spoke to him just before he left.
Totally excited for next season.
Feels refreshed.
Rumour ends here.

Worst limerick ever. You need some help:

"There once was a guy called Knockaert
They said he was done and lost heart
But he's up for next season
There just is no reason
That he and the Albion should part."

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope Knocky has a chance in this new regime. He needs to be cocky - cocky Knocky - to survive, but i would think now especially he needs to get his head up and realise the importance of being a slick segment of a team that isn't just waiting for him to do his thang. He works hard, which is a plus, but i hope he adds that quickfire and effective releasing of the ball at the right time to his armoury. Should be a good battle for all widemen but Trossard to be in the starting 11.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He's a big game player, the trouble is, he decides which games those are... roughly three a season. Consistency is all.

Lets be bloody honest, Knocky playing at 101% (at the limit of his powers) is only going to happen around three or four times a season... at this level his average (level) is simply not good enough... the majority of our squad fall into this category hence where we ended up last season. In order for AK to be a star he needs to be better in every department, (for me) his lack of discipline is oft borne of frustration that he just can't quite get there, don't get me wrong he's soooooo close to being good enough when he's at his best, but that by definition isn't going to happen often enough.

Being one of our best basically means the third or fourth worst (errrrmmmm) best player in the league.

That's where we are, that's our level - something CH understood all too well.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
After the Bournemouth red card I'd finally decided I wanted him gone. You can allow his petulance and issues in the Championship where he's the best player, but he doesn't have enough ability at the top level for it. I never thought he'd shine in the Premier League, and so far I've been right.

However, with a more expansive and attacking coach, we would be silly to get rid of him before seeing if he can flourish under this kind of system. He has one more season to prove he can do it, I would think.
Did you want Duffy gone with his equally as silly red against Palace?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knocky

Scores goals
High work rate
Unbelievable skill
Gets the crowd going
Winds the opposition up

Anyone wanting him out is a little cray-cray but that list does him no favours.

Very little, if any of it, speaks of him being a productive Premier League player.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Knocky

Scores goals
High work rate
Unbelievable skill
Gets the crowd going
Winds the opposition up

Pretty much all of this

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did you want Duffy gone with his equally as silly red against Palace?

No, because he doesn't consistently make bad decisions when he can't control his temper.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Knockaert can do no wrong for me after this stunner.

Get rid - the bruises on my back took AGES to clear up after bundling over the decrepit plastic shite that passes for seats at that dump. I blame Knocky - AND he should've been sent off in the first 15 seconds of the game though :D

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Get rid - the bruises on my back took AGES to clear up after bundling over the decrepit plastic shite that passes for seats at that dump. I blame Knocky - AND he should've been sent off in the first 15 seconds of the game though :D

Also if VAR had been in play it may have been ruled out for off side. Somehow this makes it all the more sweeter for me :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here