Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
50th anniversary next year.

Obviously alot can happen in 12 months but who do you think are in the frame for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday headliner slots?

Madonna.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I agree but if they a crap performance ok but it was faultless. Smith gave one of the greatest Glastonbury performances ever. It was an exceptional show

If the voice is still there, then why not.
Some of the 80's bands that are still going, either look great and sound sh!t or in Smith's case, great voice, but needs anti ageing help.
Take Marc Almond for instance, great voice, but if his hair gets any blacker, he'll darker, it'll need it's own colour match : D

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Did the Foo Fighters ever reschedule after they had to withdraw a few years ago?

FF/Fleetwood Mac/A more current act... The1975?

Yep, last time out. They were very good, can't see them headlining again soon - Obviously they're huge but it's too soon since 2017 and they don't really have a reason to play.

I reckon it'll be Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney (50th Anniversary of Abbey Road), and I reckon it might be Taylor Swift... If not it will be Foals or The 1975.

Think that the two Macs are nailed on (Fleetwood self confirmed and Michael Eavis basically confirmed PM) but the third headliner will be interesting

boik

Just watched the Cure set back again and really enjoyed it. Mrs B pointed out that "Push" sounds exactly like it should be a Wedding Present song. Now I've got Gedge and co in my head doing it and can't shift it!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just watched the Cure set back again and really enjoyed it. Mrs B pointed out that "Push" sounds exactly like it should be a Wedding Present song. Now I've got Gedge and co in my head doing it and can't shift it!

I was in the pub tonight, and they had The Forest on. I don't think I've ever heard that in a pub before.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just watching Janet Jackson set.
Although I'm a fan of her music, i'm sure she's doing a very good job of pretending not to mime.
Plus that microphone in front of her mouth, reminds me of past German leader.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
50th anniversary next year.

Obviously alot can happen in 12 months but who do you think are in the frame for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday headliner slots?

I can't remember Elton John ever playing Glastonbury, he should get one of the slots.
Personally I would like to see George Benson in the legends slot, still good but starting to knock on a bit and may start to lose it ( the voice not the magical jazz guitar)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 174

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I can't remember Elton John ever playing Glastonbury, he should get one of the slots.

Good shout given that he's retiring from touring.

I'd like to see Depeche Mode, but it doesn't coincide with a tour so not going to happen next year.

(They previously turned it down - tsk!)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Personally I would like to see George Benson in the legends slot, still good but starting to knock on a bit and may start to lose it ( the voice not the magical jazz guitar)

Playing in London, this July :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Elton John’s a good shout. Red Hot Chili Peppers are also massively overdue a return.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Elton John’s a good shout. Red Hot Chili Peppers are also massively overdue a return.

Yes.
I should imagine it's going to be 3 really big names, maybe 1 as a shock like Fleetwood Mac, but it would be such a huge let down if they were to be poor.
Another shout for the legends (and even headline on any other Glastonbury except next year) would be one of my favourite bands of all time.
Sparks.
Everybody knows them for This Town Ain't Big Enough, but they have a huge catalogue of great songs and are almost as good today as they were 30 years ago and still making great albums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here