Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£40 mil is well overpriced - a few sources I know in that area tell me it’s more like £20mil plus add ons but as usual the press go for the sensationalist amount. One of the clauses is winning the Champions League I hear.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good luck to arsenal, whole budget going on one player who will be ****ed due to VAR.
Not according to the brainiacs on BBS who fully expect Tumbleys value to “skyrocket” as his balletic dives are PROVEN to be genuine assaults on the Wilfmeister and his penalty awards go through the roof.
I don't actually think VAR will harm him too much. The dives he's involved in often involve being touched by some material from an opponent's kit, and the VAR refs aren't going to book him for that (they don't give yellows anyway). It'll be close enough that they won't often overturn a penalty given by the ref.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Eh? I'll stand up against racism regardless of club allegiance, but I can't see how that's racist?
I think [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] is trying to get at when Tiger first won the Masters and before the champions dinner, where he chooses the meal, someone, I can't remember who, said it will be fried chicken and greens causing a bit of a hoohar. A bit of a long stretch in this case.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He shot himself in the foot signing a new deal last season.
I (and I appreciate this is my failing) cannot understand the stupidity that must have been required to sign that deal. He was talking of leaving last season, and when the move didn't happen, he signed a new deal. I discussed it here at the time, and assumed he had to have included a release clause in the contract. But no, he just signed a new deal, which could force him to stay despite wanting out :facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While this is true, Haha should not have signed a new contract if he was wannaway. You either want to stay or want to go... if you commit to staying, then suck it up. Totally get why CPFC have set a ridiculous valuation... he signed a new contract last year so is going nowhere without a massive payoff.

It seems Haha (and/or his agent) is the only one who doesn't understand this.

I think that is a very idealistic view of contacts in football that doesn't really match up with the modern game. These days contracts are more of a working agreement than cast iron promises. You can be sold at the drop of a hit, request/demand a transfer in any transfer window. It is very common for players who face interest from other clubs to sign new deals as a sweetener for staying one more year, with the club benefiting from a longer contract that allows them to charge a little bit more when they go the following year. Sometimes there's a unofficial agreement between player and club, sometimes there isn't. But it is not exactly unusual for such events to happen across football. That's the value of contracts these days.

Buying out wantaway American investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer and other shareholders, plus clearing some debt, would require north of £200m.

The project to build a new Main Stand at Selhurst Park will cost about £100m, with the club’s Academy earmarked for a £30m upgrade.

Any new investor would have to align with SP's vision, so, you'd need 200m to buy out the americans + 100m for the new stand + 30m for the academy. That's £330m for part ownership of Crystal Palace. That seems to be the same region Mike Ashley wants for sole ownership of Newcastle. Seems to be asking a lot - if you've got £350m to spare would you go for sole ownership of a club with the history and reputation of Newcastle, or part ownership of one with the history and reputation of Palace?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think that is a very idealistic view of contacts in football that doesn't really match up with the modern game. These days contracts are more of a working agreement than cast iron promises. You can be sold at the drop of a hit, request/demand a transfer in any transfer window. It is very common for players who face interest from other clubs to sign new deals as a sweetener for staying one more year, with the club benefiting from a longer contract that allows them to charge a little bit more when they go the following year. Sometimes there's a unofficial agreement between player and club, sometimes there isn't. But it is not exactly unusual for such events to happen across football. That's the value of contracts these days.

Any new investor would have to align with SP's vision, so, you'd need 200m to buy out the americans + 100m for the new stand + 30m for the academy. That's £330m for part ownership of Crystal Palace. That seems to be the same region Mike Ashley wants for sole ownership of Newcastle. Seems to be asking a lot - if you've got £350m to spare would you go for sole ownership of a club with the history and reputation of Newcastle, or part ownership of one with the history and reputation of Palace?

If I had £350 million I would LOVE to entrust it to Steve Parish. His stewardship of Palace has more than convinced me that I would be placing my fortune with a totally trustworthy and warm hearted chap. In no way would I wake every night in a cold sweat, gripping my pillow and reaching for the Valium.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’ve never said this in all the years of posting on NSC. I’ve been called all sorts but never a racist. I absolutely will not sit back and let you or anyone else, friend or foe, accuse me of that.

I’m going to give you a chance to apologise and be a gentleman. One chance.

Your move.

Don't hold your breath chap. If there's one thing those BBS goons LOVE to do more than anything, its to play the old racist card. It makes them feel all virtuous and superior as they sneer at you from behind their keyboards.

Obviously as a fully paid up member of the KKK I can always get away with my numerous threads and posts, routinely spouting my disgusting racist bile on here, as you know, being as I am largely amongst friends and so can be tolerated. But the goonsquad have incredibly sensitive racism antennae, and are experts at linking any seemingly innocuous comment, deciphering it towards their little agenda, and then brand you accordingly.

Its insidious, and snide. But its what they do I'm afraid.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Don't hold your breath chap. If there's one thing those BBS goons LOVE to do more than anything, its to play the old racist card. It makes them feel all virtuous and superior as they sneer at you from behind their keyboards.

Obviously as a fully paid up member of the KKK I can always get away with my numerous threads and posts, routinely spouting my disgusting racist bile on here, as you know, being as I am largely amongst friends and so can be tolerated. But the goonsquad have incredibly sensitive racism antennae, and are experts at linking any seemingly innocuous comment, deciphering it towards their little agenda, and then brand you accordingly.

Its insidious, and snide. But its what they do I'm afraid.

I’ve even resorted to the mods...and I have NEVER gone bleating to them.

Ironically I like having Dougie and SE20 on here as..I know this sounds shit...it makes me feel better that we don’t confine them to an “away end” as it demonstrates we have a more robust fan base that can stand oppo.on our boards. This is properly taking the piss though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here