Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The last game

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hi
. Why don’t you get your wife to record the game and try not to find the result? Then when you’re back from the football you can watch it?!

Is your’s another household where the Mrs has control of the remote?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Hi

Is your’s another household where the Mrs has control of the remote?

Far from it...

I was referring to him getting his wife to go and watch their son play cricket and record THAT so when he’s home from watching the Albion he can watch his son play cricket but it clearly wooshed over your head.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
For the first time since 1983 (or arguably in our entire history) the whole football world is genuinely watching Brighton and Hove Albion.

We must put our best foot forward, as a group of fans, as a team, as a club.

If we can nick a point or a win, then our stay in the Premier League, however long it lasts can be more than just a footnote.

The absolute worst case scenario is, we do our 6 along the back, show no attacking intent, we’re 3 down in 20 minutes and we have to watch someone else’s party for the rest of the afternoon.

If the Brighton team, from the first half of Newcastle, Cardiff etc etc, turn up, that will be a bit embarrassing.

Well we do know that it will be a game of two halves and that we will total pants for 45 minutes and a worthy PL team for the other 45 minutes. The key, as ever, is whether we concede in our pants phase and if so by how many i.e. anything more than 1 and we're fedcku.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Sunday will be my final game at the Amex as I've not renewed my ST, so would love to go out on a high and see a decent performance & result from the team. Only problem is, we had an email last night saying our son has got into the Sussex CCC u13 squad - and their first game is this Sunday at home to Kent...it looks like it'll be the radio for me instead!

Cricket lasts forever. Even the quickest version takes half a day. Surely enough time to watch the Albion beat Man City and watch the beginning/end of your son's game.

Failing that, it's the first game of the season for your son. You'll be able to watch all the other games. And if he's shit and gets dropped from the team...well, you wouldn't want to miss the Albion to see your son have a nightmare would you?

Also, you've spent loads of money on both the Albion and your son but only one is going to turn into an ungrateful, stroppy teenager...

In short go and watch the Albion stuff up man city's title party. :albion2:

(yes, I don't have any kids...:rave:)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bit noddy isn't it.

We've been in the prem for 2 years.

We talk like we are the local dog and duck being on TV.

Excited to see a game where can relax that it doesn't really matter.

About it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit noddy isn't it.

We've been in the prem for 2 years.

We talk like we are the local dog and duck being on TV.

Excited to see a game where can relax that it doesn't really matter.

About it

Noddy to you maybe. Personally I love the exposure we are getting and the fact people are now coming up to me and talking about Brighton even if we are not the main event. And if we are to move beyond your idea of Noddy we will certainly need exposure.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, I'm up for this one, so much so I'm jumping on the train for this one and having a few beers!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I suspect that there will be a LOT of people supporting Brighton on Saturday. We have the chance of being remembered for something far, far beyond what we should expect from this dogturd of a season.

Deny city the PL and it will never be forgotten. (Assuming Liverpool beat Wolves of course)

It would be disgraceful if we don’t go balls out for a result.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm with Tubby on this. I'm looking forward to it and to next season. #certifiednutter

Also, and I accept this is a complete long shot, I really want us to win. Even better if it hands Liverpool the title. I've decided I can put up with the Sussex wish-they-were-scousers as they will at least have to thank us for winning the title for them. Gone right off City recently and their unpleasant owners.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm with Tubby on this. I'm looking forward to it and to next season. #certifiednutter

Also, and I accept this is a complete long shot, I really want us to win. Even better if it hands Liverpool the title. I've decided I can put up with the Sussex wish-they-were-scousers as they will at least have to thank us for winning the title for them. Gone right off City recently and their unpleasant owners.
Have to agree thought many of their fans at Wembley were dickheads.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Actually. Wouldn't it be really ironic if we did do a 10 across the back. Grind out a 0 - 0. Liverpool win the League. All those pundits slating our defensive tactics and raving about Man City and their brilliant football all season but they lose the league because our defenders were better than their forwards.

All the Pundits knickers would be in a twist.

I wouldn't give a flying **** coz we are not there on Sunday to tickle the ears of TV Pundits. Sky TV or Pep Gaurdiola. The end would justify the means and the History books would show. Brighton spoiled the party and would be talked about for years

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Love to see us beat City by more than a flukey singular attack, and the pleasure would be multiplied if Liverpool failed to beat Wolves!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here