The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernado

Ali Kayal Stephens Jose

Andone Murray

Take the game to them and play to win convincingly. Cardiff are a relegation level squad we should be positive from the outset.

However expecting a miserable negative 4 5 1.

That formation (assuming Andone plays the Baldock role) worked very well for two seasons in the Championship. I'm struggling to remember if we tried it in the Premier League when we first came up.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I can't believe Propper, Stephen or Bissoma are even considered for the starting line up :eek:

They all went missing and we had no midfield against Bournemouth :eek:

Oh wait, this is Hughton picking the team! Kayal should be in the starting line up, in fact anyone would be better than they were!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Assuming The Gem's team is correct - and I have had independent verification that it is, we are gambling/banking on Gross being back to full fitness and form.

I personally would go with the exact same team with exception of Izqueirdo instead of Ali J.

Proper nervous about tonight. Given all the predictions of a grim slug fest - I bet it's a goal fest...

Let Groß run himself into the ground, then sub him for Izquierdo, switch AJ inside to Pascal’s position.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
One player i would love to see back for this game is Bruno , he has the experience and skill set needed for a game such as this , i would also like to see Kayal replace Bissouma and Gross for the banned Knockaert so

Ryan
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo
Propper
Stephens
Kayal
Gross
March
Murray

Subs Button Andone Montoya Bong Bissouma Locadia Izquierdo

Well the Argus prediction (they often hear something) hasn’t exactly cheered, it will certainly be the slowest combination of players we’ve fielded since promotion, only March offering any real wheels.

Thing is it’s hard to argue with, the likes of Andone, Jose, Bissouma look no more in form than the slower players picked ahead.

Back to the drawing board after tonight even if we get a streaky Huddersfield type win

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let’s lose the defensive mentality, make them worry about us.

It’s about balance.

We “took it” to Burnley, Fulham and Bmuff, as CH abandoned his cautious approach = an avalanche of goals conceded and three defeats.

We also need to stay solid, with more than just DS protecting an increasingly vulnerable Dunk and Duffy.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Word on the street is that we are back to 4-4-1-1 tonight with Gross as the support to Murray...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Personally, I just cant believe this will be the team.

Ryan
Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bernado
Ali J - Stephens - Proper - March

Gross

Murray.

Back to the tried old tested 4 4 1 1 !!!

Don't shoot the messenger.

This will be a great discussion I guess.

Not sure how to capitalise Cardiff in title. Sorry.

Yep. Bang on ...again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just hope nobody from Cardiff has been reading Nsc to pass on the information. There is a reason team sheets are handed to the referee at the same time from each team.
We are helping the opposition by revealing the team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just hope nobody from Cardiff has been reading Nsc to pass on the information. There is a reason team sheets are handed to the referee at the same time from each team.
You reckon Colin scours NSC for tidbits then?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Do you honestly think a PL Manager makes team decisions based on message board posts?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Agreed can’t say it augers particularly well if our team selection is getting passed around at 24 hours notice as in recent weeks.

Not that it’ll be sourced from NSC by opposition but if it’s on here it could be elsewhere too.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor

If you think that you're living in cloud cuckoo land. Warnock would have set up his team to beat us, he isn't worried about what our team or formation is, no manager is!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you honestly think a PL Manager makes team decisions based on message board posts?

We had a part time member of staff at Withdean called Ferret. He said one of his jobs was reading opposition message boards to see what fans were saying about their team and the weaknesses.
Warnock won't be doing it, but you can be sure one of the staff will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here