Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team to play Cardiff

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see anything wrong with the team The Gem has posted.

Back 5 speak for themselves but not sure about Bruno replacing Montoya. Stephens and Propper will hold the midfield which leaves Gross Ali J and March to get forward to provide the service and chances for Murray and also support him.I am more confident of getting 3 points than 24 hours ago.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We’re not the standard of any of those clubs, miles behind, they have great CB’s and DM’ers who can cover when a FB flies forward.

We play a flat back 4, where it’s vital that Bernardo and Montoya stay compact with Dunk and Duffy. If Montoya ventures forward, someone else needs to be on the front foot to support Duffy, if not, then Montoya needs to be conservative.

Hughton gained almost all of our PL points from a foundation of massed defence. Now Montoya charges forward.

In the NS stand we witnessed Redmond and Fraser destroying him time and time again, right in front of us.

Our width doesn’t come from the wingers as they don’t start wide enough and are drawn inside, the FBs are encouraged to go forward into acres of space. Then it breaks down......
The formation is killing us, I’ve been saying this since February, players who were fine don’t suddenly all turn shite, not all at once.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many have been asking for Ali J to be on the right so perhaps he will be with March on his strongest foot also on the left. Both wiuould then be able to go outside of the Cardiff fullbacks,. neither of whom are good at defending.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Many have been asking for Ali J to be on the right so perhaps he will be with March on his strongest foot also on the left. Both wiuould then be able to go outside of the Cardiff fullbacks,. neither of whom are good at defending.

Both will be world class defenders tomorrow evening. Ake was an emergency LB on Saturday and we made him look like he was Philip Lahm.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Personally, I just cant believe this will be the team.

Ryan
Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bernado
Ali J - Stephens - Proper - March

Gross

Murray.

Back to the tried old tested 4 4 1 1 !!!

Don't shoot the messenger.

This will be a great discussion I guess.

Not sure how to capitalise Cardiff in title. Sorry.

I do agree with this to get the win.

Maybe Kayal for Propper as I think he's not right at the moment

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our width doesn’t come from the wingers as they don’t start wide enough and are drawn inside, the FBs are encouraged to go forward into acres of space. Then it breaks down......
The formation is killing us, I’ve been saying this since February, players who were fine don’t suddenly all turn shite, not all at once.

I get your point.

I’d be interested to know if our FB’s adventured forward leaving the huge gaps when we beat CP twice, Everton, NUFC, West Ham and Wolves.

My own recollection is that they stayed in their defensive shape for the vast majority of those matches.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Personally, I just cant believe this will be the team.

Ryan
Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bernado
Ali J - Stephens - Proper - March

Gross

Murray.

Back to the tried old tested 4 4 1 1 !!!

Don't shoot the messenger.

This will be a great discussion I guess.

Not sure how to capitalise Cardiff in title. Sorry.

That’s close to being the eleven I trust the most.
We have missed solly March and the gross/Murray combo is the best we have.
Would like to see andone come off the bench. Would like to see kayal at least on the bench.
Wouldn’t want to see locadia anywhere the first team this season. Bissouma has a junior air abOut him too, so time for him to take a step back.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Its a more balanced team but what the hell has Kayal done wrong, if he cant get in the team after Saturdays debacle them he is never gonna play? ......

Totally agree with this. We need to get in the faces of Cardiff and run through brick walls for the cause and Kayal is exactly the man for the job. If Gross isn’t fit enough then play Propper in the advanced role behind the striker with Kayal alongside Stephens. :shrug:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We must play Bruno. Not that Montoya is any worse than the others, we just need Bruno's presence and class. Would be nice if the real Mat Ryan turned up too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We must play Bruno. Not that Montoya is any worse than the others, we just need Bruno's presence and class. Would be nice if the real Mat Ryan turned up too.

I don't think Bruno has the same pace as Montoya, I think Bruno can show pace but Montoya seems to be able to produce this more frequently and consistently. I agree he's a presence, but we can't afford to get caught out as we did on Saturday, also against Millwall and aside from a couple of games all the way back to Fulham.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Good Luck tonight Seagulls! Would love to see BHA get the win tonight which would almost certainly keep you up.

I think you will do the business.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here