B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I want this to happen. Not least because it means we won't have caved in to Reading's absurd demands over Moore, and also means the chances of us keeping Baldock are higher (HGP).

I like Baldock, I like centre backs who play for their country, and I don't like Reading.

Would be a great outcome provided Sam is happy to be just a squad member. This guy looks good.

'Morning Reading, it's Paul Barber. Just to let you know we won't be buying Moore...we've managed to find another international CB that's free and probably better and that will sell even more shirts. Oh, and we're keeping Sam too. Good luck in your relegation battle this season. Byeeeeeeee'

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I want this to happen. Not least because it means we won't have caved in to Reading's absurd demands over Moore, and also means the chances of us keeping Baldock are higher (HGP).

I like Baldock, I like centre backs who play for their country, and I don't like Reading.

Also, having another Iranian will really piss off the xenophobic knuckledraggers

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Right then, a bit more about him if you guys are interested. He is the best performing player in the national team and he is very well rounded. Strong on set pieces(especially at defending them) and in the air. He's very traditional and he's a no-nonsense defender as in he doesn't **** about with the ball. He reads the play well and has very good antipation and awareness as well as composure. I wouldnt necessarily describe him as a "modern defender" but he is by no means a donkey on the ball. By now you're probably thinking "alright pipe down mate he's not bloody cannavaro" and you'd be right- most of what i described, he's been doing mostly against farmers. When the world cup came, i was worried this would be exposed and he'd have a tough time. Not only did he hold his own, he excelled. In the first game against Morocco he was his usual brilliant self- then came the real test. Costa who had absolutely bullied Pepe and Fonte in the previous game, wasn't given a peep by morteza. (The goal he scored was a freak deflection from one of our defender's clearances). Then after that it was the Portuguese Murray that made himself at home in Morteza's pocket. Having been left frustrated all game after scoring 4 goals in his previous 2 games, Ronnie did nothing all game but throw his toys out the pram and elbow morteza in the face.

Having said this, I don't reckon it's a great move for him to join Brighton because of your already well-established CB pairing. He'd be a backup and from my understanding, you lot already have a capable backup anyway and as Dingodan said, he would want to be playing consistently to stay in form for his national team. It especially applies to him because he's in his prime years at 26.

All in all, i think that if these rumours are not fabricated nonsense and he does end up signing, then you can expect a more than capable backup. Beware though, if you guys ever go through a struggling phase, you can be sure to see loads of "play morteza! " or "idiot manager!" Comments on social media.

Thanks Arshia42, That's a very interesting and informative post. It's really appreciated.
I hope Morteza joins us, we have assembled a great squad and things (on paper) are looking very bright.

I've registered on PFDC and hope to learn a lot more about Iranian football and one day come and visit.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I am really excited by this, Morteza was fantastic at the WC, especially against Portugal, Ronaldo et al. I would expect him to be ahead of Duffy and Balogun in the pecking order.

My only slight doubt, and I don't really believe we will, is that it makes us cashing in on Dunk more likely.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Eh!!?? This guy, Morteza Pouraliganji, is a free agent... Skalak to Norwich!!??
[MENTION=13229]WhingForPresident[/MENTION] was paying homage to the Ali J thread where a poster was claiming at one point that there was a hold up because this multi million pound deal was dependent upon Percy Tau coming in on loan then being loaned to AZ
:)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He is the best performing player in the national team and he is very well rounded. Strong on set pieces(especially at defending them) and in the air. He's very traditional and he's a no-nonsense defender as in he doesn't **** about with the ball. He reads the play well and has very good antipation and awareness as well as composure.

This is the bit that interests me. Yes, we have a strong CB pairing at the moment, but this was our weak spot for parts of last year.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
[MENTION=13229]WhingForPresident[/MENTION] was paying homage to the Ali J thread where a poster was claiming at one point that there was a hold up because this multi million pound deal was dependent upon Percy Tau coming in on loan then being loaned to AZ
:)

Got it!... and LOL! :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Right then, a bit more about him if you guys are interested. He is the best performing player in the national team and he is very well rounded. Strong on set pieces(especially at defending them) and in the air. He's very traditional and he's a no-nonsense defender as in he doesn't **** about with the ball. He reads the play well and has very good antipation and awareness as well as composure. I wouldnt necessarily describe him as a "modern defender" but he is by no means a donkey on the ball. By now you're probably thinking "alright pipe down mate he's not bloody cannavaro" and you'd be right- most of what i described, he's been doing mostly against farmers. When the world cup came, i was worried this would be exposed and he'd have a tough time. Not only did he hold his own, he excelled. In the first game against Morocco he was his usual brilliant self- then came the real test. Costa who had absolutely bullied Pepe and Fonte in the previous game, wasn't given a peep by morteza. (The goal he scored was a freak deflection from one of our defender's clearances). Then after that it was the Portuguese Murray that made himself at home in Morteza's pocket. Having been left frustrated all game after scoring 4 goals in his previous 2 games, Ronnie did nothing all game but throw his toys out the pram and elbow morteza in the face.

Having said this, I don't reckon it's a great move for him to join Brighton because of your already well-established CB pairing. He'd be a backup and from my understanding, you lot already have a capable backup anyway and as Dingodan said, he would want to be playing consistently to stay in form for his national team. It especially applies to him because he's in his prime years at 26.

All in all, i think that if these rumours are not fabricated nonsense and he does end up signing, then you can expect a more than capable backup. Beware though, if you guys ever go through a struggling phase, you can be sure to see loads of "play morteza! " or "idiot manager!" Comments on social media.

Great post..................

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great player! He was Iran's best player at the World Cup imo. A true pain in the ass for Ronaldo, who did not managed to get past him.

Anyone else get totally confused by the changes in red and white shirts? Couldn't figure out which team was his and whether they were attacking or defending :mad:

As much as I would love this to happen it would create an almighty headache for Chris. I don't see how we can change our starting CB pairing after last season, and are we really going to have two international world cup finalist CBs as backup? International players need to be playing regularly in order to get selected for their national team.

Would be amazing to have such strength in the squad, but I can't see how we could keep all 4 happy, assuming nobody is on their way out in this window.

That's on the assumption that the club won't cash in on, say, Dunk, to balance the books a little ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t care what Andy Naylor says, 10 pages already, come on NSC, if we get it up to 300 plus pages , he’s ours.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here