Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Have you broken your ignore function?Huge numbers of hidden unemployed?You sound as mad as that Blue Vixen,or whatever it's called.

There are none so ignorant as those who refuse to learn. If you're not even going to look at the truth when it's presented to you then really, don't be offended or shocked when people call you a thicko.

Yes, hidden unemployed. Like hidden homeless. But that's not the whole story. Have a read, educate yourself.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's funny how MPs are saying they would vote differently now they know it's a choice between the deal agreed last year and No Deal/No Brexit when the EU have been telling them it's not going to change for 4 months. Stupid ****ing pricks.

I think MPs in this country genuinely think there's a concrete wall along the English Channel through which no information or sound passes, as they seem completely deaf to what the EU says and does while also saying and doing things the EU is obviously going to listen to as though they can't hear them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1107983373195202560[/tweet]

It wasn't so very long ago she "refused to countenance" extending Article 50. Today she's apparently writing to Juncker requesting just that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1108001282676137988[/TWEET]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The problem with this record is that the statistical definition of "unemployment" relies on a fiction that economists tell themselves about the nature of work. As the rate gets lower and lower, it tests that lie. Because — as anyone who has studied basic economics knows — the official definition of unemployment disguises the true rate. In reality, about 21.5% of all working-age people (defined as ages 16 to 64) are without jobs, or 8.83 million people, according to the Office for National Statistics.

https://www.businessinsider.com/une...e-used-to-create-the-numbers-2017-7?r=US&IR=T

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
There should never be a second vote.

Why? because having a second referendum is undemocratic ???

New information has come to light and we all know more now than we did before the referendum.
It has been proven that the leave campaign massively exceeded the spend allowed for the campaign... That alone should void the initial referendum.

So using this analogy. You go to hospital with an appointment to have your leg chopped off, however new information comes to light about how you don't need to have it chopped off, a plaster will do. However you carry on based on the initial analysis and commence having your leg chopped off despite all the new evidence.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Meanwhile,back in the real World,"Despite Brexit uncertainty"(copyright BBC 2018)

View attachment 106165

And in a little footnote,nailing the lies about NHS staffing.

View attachment 106166

And, one more time, why do you go to the trouble of creating jpegs of sentences you want to quote, and then copy them into your posts losing all reference to the source article instead of just linking to it :facepalm:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It wasn't so very long ago she "refused to countenance" extending Article 50. Today she's apparently writing to Juncker requesting just that.

Whatever she promises mean nothing, not true to her word and not trust worthy

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can see the irony, but I think they are too sensible for this sort of gesture politics. (I live to be disappointed; and I feel that the EU must be totally exasperated by what's going on here.) Extension will surely be granted but they'll want re-assurance that it will be used for something specific. But in many ways the Speaker's ruling makes both a no-deal leave and a referendum both a little more likely. I'd go for the latter as having narrower odds than the former. God, it's a mess.

She needed to establish with her Cabinet this morning what that "something specific" should be, but it doesn't look like that's happened. Laura Kuenssberg's tweets seem to suggest a 3-month extension to see whether she can get her Withdrawal Agreement (for it is NOT a Deal) through the HoC, otherwise a 2-year extension to give some other poor f*cker a chance to renegotiate.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[tweet]1107983373195202560[/tweet]

In what sense is this a constitutional crisis? I'd have said it was the exact opposite: a demonstration of how well the constitution is working, despite the government trying to subvert it.

It's definitely a political crisis for the government though, I'll give you that

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whatever she promises mean nothing, not true to her word and not trust worthy

Absolute snake of a woman. She didn’t want Brexit so why did she choose to lead a party that might be forced to deliver it? No principles, morally bankrupt, elitist, anti-poor, anti human rights, anti workers rights, sneaky little maggot.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There are none so ignorant as those who refuse to learn. If you're not even going to look at the truth when it's presented to you then really, don't be offended or shocked when people call you a thicko.

Yes, hidden unemployed. Like hidden homeless. But that's not the whole story. Have a read, educate yourself.

Us Brexiteers live an up-to-date existence.Try finding an article newer than 2017- I might read it then,as they might have corrected their mistakes.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And, one more time, why do you go to the trouble of creating jpegs of sentences you want to quote, and then copy them into your posts losing all reference to the source article instead of just linking to it :facepalm:

Ah,Watford zero answers has awoken.Any news on those internal import taxes Aldi would have to pay?It has been 6 weeks now.Will you answer before our No-Deal Brexit?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Us Brexiteers live an up-to-date existence.Try finding an article newer than 2017- I might read it then,as they might have corrected their mistakes.
So you claim it has mistakes in the same sentence as admitting you haven’t read it. Are you a piece of performance art or are you really this stupid?
You’re just making yourself look more and more silly. The date of the article is irrelevant, it explains the methods governments use to manipulate the figures. The same method they employed 18 months ago is the same method they use now.
It’s fine, I know you have no intention of scaring yourself by reading the article or indeed anything that questions your perception of reality. Your reaction is not a surprise at all. You are predictably stupid.
It’s scary that people like you are allowed to vote. We are currently seeing the result of such recklessness.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In what sense is this a constitutional crisis? I'd have said it was the exact opposite: a demonstration of how well the constitution is working, despite the government trying to subvert it.

It's definitely a political crisis for the government though, I'll give you that

It's journalistic speak. Generally speaking, Peston is quite measured, but the media is full of it today, especially the vitriol for Bercow.

I agree with you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After the recent news narrative, especially yesterday, I would not be at all surprised if some gammon nutjob lost the plot and tried to get to Bercow somehow.

The media would be entirely responsible for such an event. Not that they'd accept that for a moment.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So you claim it has mistakes in the same sentence as admitting you haven’t read it. Are you a piece of performance art or are you really this stupid?
You’re just making yourself look more and more silly. The date of the article is irrelevant, it explains the methods governments use to manipulate the figures. The same method they employed 18 months ago is the same method they use now.
It’s fine, I know you have no intention of scaring yourself by reading the article or indeed anything that questions your perception of reality. Your reaction is not a surprise at all. You are predictably stupid.
It’s scary that people like you are allowed to vote. We are currently seeing the result of such recklessness.

:) Of course it has mistakes.What a simplistic view of the World you have.Perhaps you have never noticed the corrections issued by the ONS /Treasury/BofE to their 'predictions' and statements about the economy.You automatically jump gleefully on any possible bad news about Great Britain,but never correct your posts when the corrected figures appear.What an utter waste of oxygen you are.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
After the recent news narrative, especially yesterday, I would not be at all surprised if some gammon nutjob lost the plot and tried to get to Bercow somehow.

The media would be entirely responsible for such an event. Not that they'd accept that for a moment.

More likely to be a remainiac as Berky is now our hero.He has guaranteed a 'No Deal' Brexit.What a player!:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here