Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brexit betrayal march dwindles to 57.

Where's the Nige gone?

Capture.JPG

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Brexit betrayal march dwindles to 57.

Where's the Nige gone?

View attachment 106141

I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't a bunch of people who want to see me and others lose our jobs and become poorer because they have a pathological fear of foreigners.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't a bunch of people who want to see me and others lose our jobs and become poorer because they have a pathological fear of foreigners.

Reckon there will be 15,000 times as many London for the People's Vote march this weekend. With fine weather forecast, could be biggest march in peace time....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cycled past parliament this evening. One or two tossers protesting. Retired, moneyed....couldn't even be bothered to mock them. Pathetic show.

Brexit....just the word makes me :wozza:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
By the way, here's a legal view of where we are now.

It's just an opinion of course, not a legal ruling.

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1107687605796331521?s=19

Concrete theory, but in practise no.

It's astonishing to think how deluded MPs are in this process. Now legals present a framework but not the real time synopsis.

What we know:

We will not leave without a deal. Parliament has no will for this and neither does the EU.

The EU, for the first time, is backed in a corner to protect self interest. They will grant an extension regardless of their sabre rattling.

It means the government explores fresh ways to circumvent the speaker's ruling- such as dissolving parliament and bringing it back at the first session following.

May will have her way in the end. The hardliners do not want a second referendum. She will win by virtue of having lost continually.

She'll be gone by the end of summer.

And someone worse will take over.

I think.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1107869317759143936[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
May will have her way in the end. The hardliners do not want a second referendum. She will win by virtue of having lost continually.

It would sail through Parliament and satisfy Bercow with the Kyle amendment (no need for ERG or DUP support) with the EU giving us as much time to sort our shit out as we need. This has to be the best way to solve this mess. This could be done today.

But - she won’t won’t listen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Concrete theory, but in practise no.

It's astonishing to think how deluded MPs are in this process. Now legals present a framework but not the real time synopsis.

What we know:

We will not leave without a deal. Parliament has no will for this and neither does the EU.

The EU, for the first time, is backed in a corner to protect self interest. They will grant an extension regardless of their sabre rattling.

It means the government explores fresh ways to circumvent the speaker's ruling- such as dissolving parliament and bringing it back at the first session following.

She'll be gone by the end of summer.

And someone worse will take over.

I think.

May will try anything, we've already seen her attempt with the Miller case to exclude parliament from the case.

No matter what side of the argument you are no, she cannot be trusted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here