Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Winners?

What do you think/want

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I know a few Liverpool 'supporters' and they will be unbearable if Liverpool win, on the other hand I know a couple of Everton fans who are obsessed with everything Liverpool do and they would hate it if Liverpool win.....

Just enjoying a competitive run in for a change.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just for your information.... plus LFC currently have 7 home grown players in their first team squad compared to city’s 4. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.....

View attachment 105255

None of those lads actually play except TAA though. None of the others are close to a regular starting place, nor have they contributed towards your current position in the slightest, so you're no different to City.

And the net spend thing is bullshit. You're only low down that list because you got a massive fee for one player, Coutinho. Man City don't tend to sell their best players because of the position they're in (if they did sell, they'd be quids in for somebody like De Bruyne), whereas you had no choice but to let Coutinho go. In reality, only City, United and Chelsea have spent more on outgoing fees in the last five years than Liverpool.

If you win the league, you'll have deserved it. But please: spare us the sanctimonious "We're better than them, we're doing it the right way" thing, because Liverpool are absolutely no different to those other clubs who you so scathingly mock.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
None of those lads actually play except TAA though. None of the others are close to a regular starting place, nor have they contributed towards your current position in the slightest, so you're no different to City.

And the net spend thing is bullshit. You're only low down that list because you got a massive fee for one player, Coutinho. Man City don't tend to sell their best players because of the position they're in (if they did sell, they'd be quids in for somebody like De Bruyne), whereas you had no choice but to let Coutinho go. In reality, only City, United and Chelsea have spent more on outgoing fees in the last five years than Liverpool.

If you win the league, you'll have deserved it. But please: spare us the sanctimonious "We're better than them, we're doing it the right way" thing, because Liverpool are absolutely no different to those other clubs who you so scathingly mock.

I wasn’t mocking, I replied to your argument that was nonsense.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Earlier in the season I wanted Liverpool to win, as I don't like any team dominating the league. But then their fans have reminded me just how ****ing insufferable they are, so I'd like City to win it again please.

I am exactly here. I believe City are the best team ever to play in the premier league - yet they do it in such a boring way they aren't easy to love. But if it has to be them or Liverpool, I'll go with the light blues. Looking forward to seeing what Ole can do with a full season at United

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
But then their fans have reminded me just how ****ing insufferable they are, so I'd like City to win it again please.

This! My Liverpool supporting pals (EDIT: all of whom are southern, armchair fans!) have become unbearable in recent weeks with regard to their "sense of entitlement" about winning the PL. As many others have said, they are equally as guilty as City in terms of getting out the cheque book over the years. Everyone at that level is.

It should be a very close season finale, perhaps going down to the last game. The two clubs' remaining fixtures are:

Liverpool
H Burnley
A Fulham
H Spurs
A Southampton
H Chelsea
A Cardiff
H Huddersfield
A Newcastle
H Wolves

Average PL position of opponents 13.3
Still in Champions League

Man City
H Watford
A Fulham
H Cardiff
A Palace
H Spurs
A Man Utd
A Burnley
H Leicester
A Brighton

Average PL position of opponents 11.9
Still in Champions League
Still in FA Cup

With 9 games to play, Liverpool (one point behind and a worse GD) need to better City's results by one win, unless they can overhaul City's GD in which case they need to better City's results by one draw.

City are still in the FA Cup which adds to their fixture list and both teams are still in the Champions League.

Liverpool have the easier final 4 PL games, which could decide the outcome. With Albion at home to City on the final day of the season we may yet have a say in who wins the PL!

I'd personally (marginally) prefer City to win it but my gut feel is that Liverpool may just edge it, especially if Liverpool get knocked out of the Champions League and City don't and then Liverpool can focus on the PL alone.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wow.

Game of opinions and all that, but City's football is 'boring'?

Amazing.

I don't mean it quite like that. Just when they are on form, the games can be really boring. Every now and again I'll switch on a City game, and can't ever get enthused by their 80% possession and sheer inevitability. I know I'm watching something brilliant, but it doesn't move me, it doesn't arouse any excitement, I just feel a bit cold. Machine-like?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Looks like 1 of them came through the youth set up? TAA?

Your probably right, however we have enough out on loan to build a reasonable eleven. However, I totally agree with you. I would like to see at least 4 British players every week in our starting line up, unfortunately I think that boat has sailed.
Anyway, whoever wins the league will have deserved it this year with both the clubs playing some fantastic stuff at times.
I just hope BHA are still playing a part next year.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Due to the existence of 'The Brighton Kop' and Klopp's teeth ....c'mon City

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I started off wanting Liverpool to do it earlier in the season, but their fans are getting on my nerves now.

Anyway, bigger things on the more imminent horizon! How do you see this Saturday going?

Yeah, I've gone the same way. I voted "don't care", but I think (if I think about it at all) I want City to win simply because they'll just go "Another trophy? Ok, bung it in the cupboard with the others." The King and Queen will be a place to avoid if Liverpool win.

I'm FAR more interested in who is coming up from the Championship. I hope it's the equivalent of Fulham and Cardiff; sadly though I don't think it will be,

An

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did any of you listen to 606 call-ins this weekend? Several Spurs fans called, very aggressive with “NO, YOU LISTEN TO ME”, saying they were very much in the hunt and would win at Etihad/Anfield. Surprisingly, very confident.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The fact that I don't know any City fans nor recall seeing any other than on a match day, means that I would prefer them to win. Add to the fact that they are neither United or Liverpool.

Good that it looks as if it will be close though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The fact that I don't know any City fans nor recall seeing any other than on a match day, means that I would prefer them to win. Add to the fact that they are neither United or Liverpool.

Good that it looks as if it will be close though.
Just have to wait a few years. There are plenty of kids at school who say 'City' when asked who their team is now. [emoji45]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah, I've gone the same way. I voted "don't care", but I think (if I think about it at all) I want City to win simply because they'll just go "Another trophy? Ok, bung it in the cupboard with the others." The King and Queen will be a place to avoid if Liverpool win.

I'm FAR more interested in who is coming up from the Championship. I hope it's the equivalent of Fulham and Cardiff; sadly though I don't think it will be,

An

Let’s assume it’s Sheff united/Leeds/Norwich.

Leeds might do ok, but the other two would be cannon fodder.

I’m not sure Leeds would be all that either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here