Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Beat Palace & lose to Millwall OR lose to Palace & beat Millwall?

Beat Palace & lose to Millwall OR lose to Palace & beat Millwall?

• Beat Palace and lose to Millwall - want to do the double over those wankers!

Votes: 117 44.5%
  • Lose to Palace and beat Millwall - gimme some Wembley action!

Votes: 146 55.5%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Beat Millwall we have a generation that have never seen Albion at Wembley. We will get the points elsewhere

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting that the "beat Palace" crew are split between...

- beat Palace because they are Palace, and
- beat Palace because it's three points

I wonder if the latter group would be going for "beat Millwall" if we were mid-table and safe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We can stay safe by winning our home games so away games don't really matter.

Let's beat Millwall (and give me bragging rights for a year over Mrs G's family). I love a semi

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we lose to Palace, then the much harder question can be posed -

"Win v Millwall or Win the relegation 6-pointer v Southampton".

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Love the FA Cup. Hate Palace.

On balance, beat Palace. FAC SF likely to lose anyway.

Perversely, if we do beat Palace, then I think we will go on to beat Millwall. We'll be more confident and more relaxed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is the correct answer. One game at a time. IF we get points at Selhurst it takes some of the pressure off, and we can play a slightly stronger team at Millwall. Win both please.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Went for beat Palace after much deliberation. The second option has the despairing continuation: lose to Palace, beat Millwall, lose to Palace in the semi which is too awful for contemplation.

And because it’s Palace obvs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Went for beat Palace after much deliberation. The second option has the despairing continuation: lose to Palace, beat Millwall, lose to Palace in the semi which is too awful for contemplation.

And because it’s Palace obvs.
This is why I want Watford to beat Palace.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Interesting that the "beat Palace" crew are split between...

- beat Palace because they are Palace, and
- beat Palace because it's three points

I wonder if the latter group would be going for "beat Millwall" if we were mid-table and safe.

I am in the latter group mainly.. Still. a win over Palace is very satisfying regardless of league position. If we were mid table and safe, I would then be sitting on the fence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we lose to Palace, then the much harder question can be posed -

"Win v Millwall or Win the relegation 6-pointer v Southampton".

Well, that's ruined the post I had planned for this coming Sunday morning. [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] - any suggestions please?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Not at all worried about relegation. And what's another Selhurst defeat in the grand scheme of things, when it buys us a cup semi final berth.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No question for me. Beat Palace. A double over them would mean more to me than most likely losing in a semi final to one of the Manchester teams.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Easy one for me given that choice, lose to Palace, beat Millwall. Our season rests on the home games, whatever happens at Selhurst. And a trip to Wembley to see Brighton (one that isn't watching Spurs in the Prem in a half-full stadium like last season) is well overdue. We'd get more tickets for a SF than we would for the final too, not all the FA guests and hangers-on you get at the final.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Beat Palace for me. It's going to be extremely difficult to beat Millwall IMHO. It would come to no surprise if Millwall sweep us aside and no disgrace anyway. I would rather beat an in form Palace and help cement our Premier league status in process. I would however like a trip to Wembley can we not just draw with Palace and beat MILLWALL?

Yes it would be on both counts. Millwall are 5th from bottom in the Championship, 1 point above the relegation pack. They have lost their last three league games and will be massive underdogs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we hadn’t beaten Hudds, my answer might’ve been different. Not expecting a win at Palace anyway so beat Millwall, much bigger in the grand scheme of things. We can very easily lose to Palace then beat Cardiff and/or Soton.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Beat Palace for me. It's going to be extremely difficult to beat Millwall IMHO. It would come to no surprise if Millwall sweep us aside and no disgrace anyway.

Bookies think differently.

Screenshot 2019-03-04 at 11.11.20.png

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I can't look at this thread anymore.

For anyone to be happy to lose to Palace just completely baffles me. I know it's a hypothetical scenario but to see fellow Albion fans write those words down is just incredible.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I take it that all those people who say that beating Palace is the priority and they're not fussed about the FA Cup won't be applying for tickets for the semi-final or final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here