Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City v Burton semi final

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Burton should do the same.

I was thinking that Man City should do what Tottenham did with Harry Kane, and put at least some of their star on show at Burton, but also (somewhat patronisingly) thought Burton should play their fringe players or under 23s so they get the experience of playing against Man City in the cup.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fantastic achievement to win 9:0 Shame that class and history cannot be purchased.

Twice Champions of England and 4 times FA cup winners before the recent cash injection??? Colin Bell, Francis Lee.....??? if that isn't class and history, we are in no position to be snooty. We are Brighton and Hove Albion, not effing Liverpool (and feel free to bounce this at 4.50 on Saturday, if appropriate :lolol:)

I thought City were amazing. Strong line up, constant attacking football, didn't take the piss....for their part Burton continued to try to play their game, didn't deliberately rough up the Citeh players.....excellent watch.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Haven't seen the answer anywhere but give that the other teams are Spurs and Chelsea, is there any way Burton could be in the Europa League next year> I guess it is winner or nothing but if the other three teams get a spot through other means?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haven't seen the answer anywhere but give that the other teams are Spurs and Chelsea, is there any way Burton could be in the Europa League next year> I guess it is winner or nothing but if the other three teams get a spot through other means?

Nope.

Unlike the FAC, you can only qualify through the LC, by actually winning it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was hoping Burton would get a goal in the 90th minute and the goalscorer would grab the ball and sprint back to the centre circle punching the air, screaming, "C'MON!!!".

I love shit like that.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Twice Champions of England and 4 times FA cup winners before the recent cash injection??? Colin Bell, Francis Lee.....??? if that isn't class and history, we are in no position to be snooty. We are Brighton and Hove Albion, not effing Liverpool (and feel free to bounce this at 4.50 on Saturday, if appropriate :lolol:)

I thought City were amazing. Strong line up, constant attacking football, didn't take the piss....for their part Burton continued to try to play their game, didn't deliberately rough up the Citeh players.....excellent watch.

I find it difficult to eulogise about citeh's achievements, bearing in mind the funds at their disposal. Also, I grew up watching Law, Best and Charlton. I think that you or I could win trophies if we were in charge of citeh. What would be the greatest achievement. Wagner keeping Huddersfield in the premiership, or citeh winning a plethora of trophies?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope. Unlike the FAC, you can only qualify through the LC, by actually winning it.

Since rules introduced by UEFA in 2015, you have to win the FA Cup to qualify for the Europa League. If winners have already qualified for Europe then the place reverts to the league.
Shame! In both cases!

But hey, let's keep European glory for the big, rich clubs, eh?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find it difficult to eulogise about citeh's achievements, bearing in mind the funds at their disposal. Also, I grew up watching Law, Best and Charlton. I think that you or I could win trophies if we were in charge of citeh. What would be the greatest achievement. Wagner keeping Huddersfield in the premiership, or citeh winning a plethora of trophies?

Can't argue with that, although I am no Guardiola. My only point was that city had a long and noble history prior to the steroidal injection of money :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here