Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 0606DA08-1F24-47B7-8767-A7B7A9E6FB44.jpeg
    0606DA08-1F24-47B7-8767-A7B7A9E6FB44.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 136

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You seem to be the only one who knows what you're prattling on about. Quel dommage.

Long established democratic process where the result of a free and fair election is enacted after the necessary democratic threshold is reached. Any proud Brit and Englishman should be fully signed up to this. Undemocratic loons ... not so much.

I reckon that we could - and arguably should - accept as a given that we all in our different ways want what's best for the country. I know this rather begs the question of what we respectively mean by 'wanting the best' but an acceptance of this would certainly take away much of the 'I'm more patriotic then you' rhetoric that gets us not very far and clogs up the thread with some all too easily traded insults. Sorry for the platitude - especially for those who are lovers of easily traded insults! (This is not specifically directed at you, JC.)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm starting to think that Theresa May is in fact a Cockroach, simply because a Cockroach can exist in the most abysmal environmental conditions and indeed survive for several weeks despite being decapitated. It survives simply to survive. It exists simply because it exists. It has no plan or purpose other than to carry on existing. So, this zombie government limps on.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I am saddened to learn that [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] has decided to abandon ship, and I hope he will consider returning. As much as I do believe he was wrong to merge threads the way he did, there were some remarks which were too personal and it is regrettable that disagreements could not be had in a more measured way. I believe it is important to be exposed to a variety of different political views, and as much as I often disagreed with what Titanic had to say, I would much rather disagree with him than not have him here altogether.

Judge for yourselves, from post #670 (start of merge) and #686 (start of disagreement) onwards: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-new-LOWS-with-the-Windrush-situation/page18

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Really ???
Unfortunately, its not just the government when it comes to manufacturing its the whole British approach to investment to Engineering

That said motor manufacturing under foreign ownership is a modern day success story for UK industry, our local BMW plant in Oxford has surpassed all expectations.

In total 2016, some 1.7m UK made cars were shipped with 56% going to the EU

Still seems this industry that employs some 1m people is worth sacrificing for Brexit ideology though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am saddened to learn that [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] has decided to abandon ship, and I hope he will consider returning. As much as I do believe he was wrong to merge threads the way he did, there were some remarks which were too personal and it is regrettable that disagreements could not be had in a more measured way. I believe it is important to be exposed to a variety of different political views, and as much as I often disagreed with what Titanic had to say, I would much rather disagree with him than not have him here altogether.

Judge for yourselves, from post #670 (start of merge) and #686 (start of disagreement) onwards: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-new-LOWS-with-the-Windrush-situation/page18

As a moderator, he became the story rather than being a " Steady hand on the Tiller " ... Bit nawty for a mod. I disagreed with him but never in a threatening or vindictive way, surprised he bugged out considering what the usual standards of debate are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
70 Labour mps give two fingers to Gezza 'shitforbrainz' Corby and defy the whip. What a shambles. Brixit Jeremy, the last dung beetle on the pile of shit. Instead of tapping in the winner into an empty goal. :shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a moderator, he became the story rather than being a " Steady hand on the Tiller " ... Bit nawty for a mod. I disagreed with him but never in a threatening or vindictive way, surprised he bugged out considering what the usual standards of debate are.

Is he the mod I tried to block for being a tit, or was that giraffe? No matter. Eventually the kitchen gets too warm for the best of us. As for the worst.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Edit : the likes of PPF or Alfred Mizen would have told him to shape up or ship out with no sympathy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the point is that whilst some industries will move here, others will move away. It's not going to be a case of every single company moving in one direction or the other.

But I just don't see how, faced with a choice of a market of 400m or a market of 60m people, any company selling across Europe (the geographical entity) would choose to build their next shiny new factory in the UK after Brexit. :shrug:

The voice of calm considered reason. Again. :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit : the likes of PPF or Alfred Mizen would have told him to shape up or ship out with no sympathy.

And rightly so. When you are in charge you have to decide. Ban, tolerate, your call. Or let someone else do the job.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Agree, mods should try and be neutral and not take sides. Didn't do anything to warrant abuse though, shame on those who harassed him

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm starting to think that Theresa May is in fact a Cockroach, simply because a Cockroach can exist in the most abysmal environmental conditions and indeed survive for several weeks despite being decapitated. It survives simply to survive. It exists simply because it exists. It has no plan or purpose other than to carry on existing. So, this zombie government limps on.

What an awful way to describe someone.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You seem to be the only one who knows what you're prattling on about. Quel dommage.

Long established democratic process where the result of a free and fair election is enacted after the necessary democratic threshold is reached. Any proud Brit and Englishman should be fully signed up to this. Undemocratic loons ... not so much.

Good grief. You don’t even know the difference between a referendum and an election.

This is why I rarely come on this thread. The same few dogmatic voices who simply don’t want to or can’t face up to the reality of the situation we are about to go through.

And let’s be clear, I’m a remainer who has accepted that we are leaving. What I won’t accept is the dictatorial lack of process as we go forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here