Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applauding away supporters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having seen on here the heroic and stressful struggles of [MENTION=34629]SUA Seagull[/MENTION] - and very many far-flung fans like him - to get home following Tuesday's game

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?342941-Just-got-in-fffffsake

I can only say that hearty applause is due to anyone, whether away fan or home fan or neutral, who isn't within walking distance of getting home after a midweek match. One hell of a completely unsung sacrifice in my book - especially for those having to rely on the third-world crock of shit that passes for a rail service in this neck of the woods. Total respect. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Personally I give a 'languidly cynical' @Buzzer style response to the announcement.

V

Is the right answer.

2rrl2ro.jpg

And it's a game the whole family can play.

1icx07.jpg

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Is the right answer.

2rrl2ro.jpg

And it's a game the whole family can play.

1icx07.jpg

Out of interest, are those photos taken from where you sit or do you move to a 'safe' distance before you taunt them like that?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Out of interest, are those photos taken from where you sit or do you move to a 'safe' distance before you taunt them like that?

It's from where I sit in the front row, WSU.

I'll happily concede it's silly but it's no different from anyone at the Amex chanting at the away fans "Sit down, shut up...Who are you?...etc...etc".

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

I'll happily concede it's silly but it's no different from anyone at the Amex chanting at the away fans "Sit down, shut up...Who are you?...etc...etc".

I did that in the family stand and got threatened with Ejection...

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent

Yep, very true. Just that the camera angle makes them look so far away!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
They are very far away! Incidentally, the master at this game is Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee who has more or less the full set of photos of him giving the finger to away fans.

Despite the distance, it's clearly a very effective and threatening gesture, as I notice that between the first V sign and the second pair of V signs, not only has it got dark but a whole block of away supporters has emptied

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Could someone please create and print the definite list of what's cringey at the Amex?

So far, I gather it's;

- Turning on mobile phone torches
- Singing any chant that another team has sung already (this one is open to hypocritical mis-use, however)
- Getting upset about homophobic abuse
- Flags
- Replica shirts
- Half and half scarves
- Purchasing and consuming food at the ground
- Leaving early (even if it's an family emergency or you have to work, I do appreciate this is completely unacceptable)
- Applauding away fans

Anything else I've missed? Breathing? Do let me know, I'd hate to be seen as uncool by some middle aged blokes on the internet.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Why have you got those bungee strap things on your wrist?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Could someone please create and print the definite list of what's cringey at the Amex?

So far, I gather it's;

- Turning on mobile phone torches
- Singing any chant that another team has sung already (this one is open to hypocritical mis-use, however)
- Getting upset about homophobic abuse
- Flags
- Replica shirts
- Half and half scarves
- Purchasing and consuming food at the ground
- Leaving early (even if it's an family emergency or you have to work, I do appreciate this is completely unacceptable)
- Applauding away fans

Anything else I've missed? Breathing? Do let me know, I'd hate to be seen as uncool by some middle aged blokes on the internet.
I was thinking about this very list earlier on.

Clackers are a no-no.
Fan Zone
Any music and/or video that creates excitement/entertainment/atmosphere just prior to kick-off
Getting up from your seat during the game
Sitting down in the North Stand
Gully, Sammy and Sally
The 'Oooooooooh, you're $hit aaaaaaaaa' chant (ESPECIALLY with the extra aaaaaaaaaas added after the first one
Richie Reynolds
The Bus/coach park queues.
The trains (the club's fault, SHIRLEY?)
The sprinklers on the pitch

Any good? :jester:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was thinking about this very list earlier on.

Clackers are a no-no.
Fan Zone
Any music and/or video that creates excitement/entertainment/atmosphere just prior to kick-off
Getting up from your seat during the game
Sitting down in the North Stand
Gully, Sammy and Sally
The 'Oooooooooh, you're $hit aaaaaaaaa' chant (ESPECIALLY with the extra aaaaaaaaaas added after the first one
Richie Reynolds
The Bus/coach park queues.
The trains (the club's fault, SHIRLEY?)
The sprinklers on the pitch

Any good? :jester:
Not knowing the correct words to GOSBTS
Clapping along out of time
Clapping along in time
Scarf-twirling to ROF
Going for refreshments/to the toilet on 40 mins
Standing up
Swearing (apparently)