Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should milk shake attacks be classed as common assault?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely the only drink for Rees-Mogg is an Old Fashioned?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Scotland Yard are considering the arrest of the London-based Five Guys male franchise owners for the sale of the milkshake.

Just goes to show that a milkshake really can bring all the boys to the yard.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm genuinely not sure I'd have wasted a £5.25 shake on Farage. But maybe it's the new political symbol. The dove was for peace - the milk shake is for opposing xenophobia.

Ah yes....xenophobia....." the morbid dislike of foreigners ".
It could be worse. People could be flashing at Convinced Cable and shouting...' bollocks to you too '

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Will it be so funny when it's acid?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

That's a ridiculous comment. No obviously acid would be very serious and horrifying, but that wasn't acid. Your comment is like somebody shooting somebody with a water pistol and saying "but would it be funny if it was bullets".

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Legally, I'm in the dark here. What else is included in common assault? I think this Farage assailant picked up criminal damage too.

Despite the comedy value, is it a crime? Would you press charges? And if you wanted to make a point, how else would you do it to avoid legal entanglements?

I'm genuinely not sure I'd have wasted a £5.25 shake on Farage. But maybe it's the new political symbol. The dove was for peace - the milk shake is for opposing xenophobia.

I wouldn’t press charges, I’d kick his ****ing teeth in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If matey in Newcastle had thrown a milkshake over me, or any other ‘ordinary’ member of the public, would be be looking at a conviction for assault?

I doubt if OB would be taking any notice at all, if it wasn’t the self styled man of the people Farage.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That's a ridiculous comment. No obviously acid would be very serious and horrifying, but that wasn't acid. Your comment is like somebody shooting somebody with a water pistol and saying "but would it be funny if it was bullets".
I'm sure it's not funny at all for the person who for a few seconds might think acid has been thrown on them

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Depends on whether the milk shake gets to your balls. If your balls get covered by the cold, runny, milky dessert then it can be truly excruciating.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Will it be so funny when it's acid?

"You all cheered when Glenn Murray kicked that ball hard into the net. BET YOU WOULDN'T CHEER IF THAT WAS A HEAD HE WAS KICKING THOUGH, WOULD YOU?"

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Opinions quite split here.

We should have a straw poll.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Can't say I did enjoy that as much.

This is the slippery slope when assaulting people is normalised. It emboldens others to take a step too far when throwing objects at people is no longer considered an offence, in every level of society. One week people were laughing at the assault on Robinson, the next week hundreds want to assault him for a "laugh" because that is the message being sent. Because it's funny?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here