Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Watching on TV, literally hundreds of fans wearing ManC tops have appeared all over ESL and WSL. Shame on any Albion fans selling their tickets. This must be just an Albion Amex thing .... when Chelsea won at the Hawthorns 2 years ago, there were barely a couple of pockets of Chelsea fans elsewhere, and they got badly hurt.

No more pathetic than the Albion kid who’s dad sanctioned him writing a can I have your shirt please Bruno sign? What is it with these entitled little shits and their no standards parents?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We looked quite good first half and then rubbish second half. Very disappointing and we will really need to improve on most of our performances this season if we are to have a chance of staying up next season. Another emotional rollercoaster of a season over, another to come. Up The Albion.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Being a fan I was hoping for a miracle as I do every match day, but I knew all along that we was going to play like that and get stuffed.
I would love to know if Stephens and March were really injured, even in a game that doesn't matter we can't try something different at home.
Can't believe Cardiff won 2-0, that would have been us down today if Palace did not turn up.
But we survived and live to fight another day, so I am grateful for that, but we need the best close season we have ever had.
Anyway, I'm off to the beach for the summer in Greece.
It's been fun.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really really disappointing second half. We weren’t just beaten and outclassed, we were outfought as well, that bit doesn’t sit comfortably with me :shrug:

Because we’re not as RICH as them. That’s all. Trouble is you were introduced to football when it used to be a sport.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we thought the game ended at halftime
Piss poor second half just about sums up most of our season.
Sat back and let them come on to us and then try and break but with no pace upfront.
Things need to change dramatically over the close season IMHO otherwise we will be one of the relegation favourites next season.

Of course we will be one of the relegation favourites next season - we were this season. and we were last season. What sort of swivel-eyed loon would think we shouldn't be?

Hopefully we'll buy two or three that are quality this summer, rather than a job-lot of wannabes and maybes, and be slightly higher up the expectations next season.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This is a result that was pretty much expected, pity the poor Man U corporate fans who sat and watched doomed Cardiff play Solskjær's Millionaires and stuff them 2-0

They rushed to confirm him as manager and they've been largely shite ever since. His old team Cardiff as well!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
For those criticising the Premier League for having such a huge gulf in class between the big 6 and the rest, have a look at every other league in the world.

We're comparably lucky, as what started as a big 2, became a big 4, and is now a big 6. With little old Leicester even winning a title amongst them. Most leagues are a two horse race, some even have the same team winning every year.

As Albion fans, we're still new to the league - gradual progression season upon season and European football and/or Cup success isn't impossible. Onwards & Upwards, I Love the Premier League.

Well, this. You have to go back to post war until the early 70s for a regular open league and revolving champions. If you look at Italy in recent times, Germany, elsewhere, the patterns of domination are there.

The consolation is we are playing in a league with two of the best sides ever seen on these shores. Probably the best. The downside is that we make up the numbers.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was if they’d decided to let us have one and as soon as we got it they got on with the business of owning us.
I know our fight is won but I don’t like seeing such celebration on our pitch from an away team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because we’re not as RICH as them. That’s all. Trouble is you were introduced to football when it used to be a sport.

100% effort costs nothing apart from fitness though and although I know they had far more riding on the game and it was a “doesn’t matter” game for us, I hoped for more spirit until the end. Story of the latter part of the season, go a goal down and heads go down :shrug:

The last 20 minutes were an embarrassment to me.

Good first half though and 30 seconds of absolute joy.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For those criticising the Premier League for having such a huge gulf in class between the big 6 and the rest, have a look at every other league in the world.

We're comparably lucky, as what started as a big 2, became a big 4, and is now a big 6. With little old Leicester even winning a title amongst them. Most leagues are a two horse race, some even have the same team winning every year.

As Albion fans, we're still new to the league - gradual progression season upon season and European football and/or Cup success isn't impossible. Onwards & Upwards, I Love the Premier League.

I’d definitely want to watch PL football over any other.

But I do think ManC are and will dominate in the same way that Bayern, Celtic and PSG do.

I can’t quite believe that Spurs and Liverpool have been able to get so close to them, but it’s still never enough.

City can afford 25 high quality players, whereas no other team on the planet can. Before the season started, City were the first ever odds-on favourites to win the PL. The bookies were right yet again.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
So much for the players 'giving it their all' for Bruno. Same empty platitudes as before the Cardiff game.

No.

Once City had made more sensible use of Mahrez and Sterling the signs were there.

Albion set out to 'give it a go'. They were soon forced in to defensive mode and couldn't change that.

It's not a question of being 'on the beach' it's a question of being utterly outclassed by one of the best teams on the planet.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
People need a reality check.

We had a go first half but then the legs went and we just couldn’t compete. This claim we didn’t try is nonsense we couldn’t get the ball off one of the best teams we will ever see at the Amex and who have just one 14 on the spin. We are also missing four first team regulars today in a game that really meant nothing to us but everything to the opposition.

And for those slaughtering Murray, yes he had a poor game today no doubt but he has scored 25 goals over two premier league seasons we would be nowhere without him. He has also scored or assisted our last three goals, yes he is slowing up but he is still contributing to the part of the game we as a team find the hardest to do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here