Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Can we all just lay off Murray. He scored the goal, he's our top scorer over the season AGAIN and he has been a great servant to the club. Last game of the season, the manager has picked him. He's doing his best. Next season he shouldn't be playing such a prominent role so, for today, leave him be!

But isn't there a rule that EPL clubs should be playing their strongest available team ( in the interests of non connivance etc. ) :)

The sad thing however is that, even under the circumstances of the day, we aren't even attempting to play attacking football !

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
This team is going nowhere until they find some CMs.

Bissouma is by far the worst signing this season. Contributes nothing on Defense, kills the flow of the game and turns the ball over after he tries to dribble past 11 people.

Stephens is at best a Championship level starter, and a liability since he's a head case.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The only positive that I can take from today is that we gave Liverpool some hope and then snatched it away.

We're on the beach now as we got 1 goal, just a shame it is going to over shadow Bruno's (well deserved) love in.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Right, we just need 3 goals. Let's do this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
4-1 before he even struck it. Ryan's positioning meant an accurate strike could not be saved.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Man City are rank for football imo (I'm watching this in a London pub with a bunch of crappy fans). Shame we couldn't push them more.

D

Deleted member 2719

What's the love in with Andone?

Apart from the Palace goal, I have seen nothing impressive

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

AND the Huddersfield goal, but apart from Palace and Hudders what has Andone ever done for us?!!!

The man is a live wire and will only improve but he needs more minutes at the top level to develop.

Time to invest in the future and not the past.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Q: if the most expensively assembled team wins, is this something to really celebrate; or just night following day?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But isn't there a rule that EPL clubs should be playing their strongest available team ( in the interests of non connivance etc. ) :)

The sad thing however is that, even under the circumstances of the day, we aren't even attempting to play attacking football !

We picked a striker, and he scored a goal against a Citeh defence that doesn't concede very often these days. Selection justified - you can't argue that we didn't pick an appropriate player - that would be just nuts; and pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here