Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] The ' enhanced ' rail service for this Sunday from Southern Rail?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
It's not like they can even delay the kick-off on this one. With the whole football world watching, maybe still time to petition PB to try and exert pressure on Southern to act like a responsible transport partner?

I am not sure PB has any clout with Southern, but who knows.

Looking at the timetable as it currently appears, anyone arriving at Brighton station after 14:17 will have to wait for the 14:47 and just miss the kick-off or, if that's too full for them to get on, catch the 15:05 and miss the first 15-20 minutes.

This is going to catch out a lot of people.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I think the full timetable is due to be uploaded today, I've just updated our ones for work and there are some additional services compared with a normal Sunday.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
It just gets worse, doesn't it? Living as I do 60 miles from Brighton I've been driven to fury by their wretched engineering works, which, although doubtless essential and important, have made matchday travel by train almost impossible unless I leave at daybreak. What is particularly infuriating is that the various websites appear to be updated on the fly, so to speak, so it was and is hard to find out if any further works are planned. To make matters worse, this coming weekend the local Chiltern Railways line into London is closed (for engineering works, surprise) , so I'll have to drive to Ruislip and get the tube to Victoria from there. I might just as well drive to the park and ride. More angst!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I am not sure PB has any clout with Southern, but who knows.

Looking at the timetable as it currently appears, anyone arriving at Brighton station after 14:17 will have to wait for the 14:47 and just miss the kick-off or, if that's too full for them to get on, catch the 15:05 and miss the first 15-20 minutes.

This is going to catch out a lot of people.

There are currently only 3 trains an hour listed on Southern Fails website, surely this close to the weekend and with the club announcing an enhanced service they would have listed the additional trains, unless of course the 3 trains an hour is the enhanced service.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
There are currently only 3 trains an hour listed on Southern Fails website, surely this close to the weekend and with the club announcing an enhanced service they would have listed the additional trains, unless of course the 3 trains an hour is the enhanced service.

3 trains an hour is the standard Sunday timetable. There are no extra trains timetabled (yet).

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
See below the official response about the " enhanced " claim :

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the club do not have any control over how many trains southern rail use on match days, however theyhave advised us that they will be running an enhanced match day service for our fans, this is a matter that you may wish to take up with Southern Rail.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
One direct train an hour from Eastbourne at 41 minutes past the hour. The 13:41 one maybe a touch busy:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here