Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Arsenal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It is true that it is one view.......whether it is a view held by anyone is a different matter.

So.....you have it on good authority CH has failth in Ali J then? That's good, because so do I. But.....on what do you base your inference? Genuinely interested.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do all wingers need those qualities?

He reminds me much more of a Beckham than an Overmars.

As in Holland (twice), he has had a poor first season but I think we’ll see him at his best come August.

Yay! Another Bealiever :clap:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ali J made one killer pass in the first half that might have created a goal. Not acknowledged on the telly box. And that was no penalty. He didn't do much, and I wasn't surprised by the substitution. I still feel he will come good though.

Thought Andone was OK too. His last minute fiddle diddle was deliberate time wasting.

Bissouma, Bernado, Dunk, Duffy, tiny keeper and Stevens all 10
Andone and Ali J both 6
The rest 9

What makes you think aj will come good ? Genuine question

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not many defenders in the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION] like [MENTION=14730]shane[/MENTION]duffy and [MENTION=15917]lewis[/MENTION]Dunk5 It s pleasure watching them enjoying basic defensive duties. Call me old school but they are proper centre backs ����

Tweet from Sylvian Distain, high praise, indeed.

So you're not a big fan of Japan, then? ???

Personally I love them. :lolol::bigwave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7nz68wNGrI

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It is true that it is one view.......whether it is a view held by anyone is a different matter.

So.....you have it on good authority CH has failth in Ali J then? That's good, because so do I. But.....on what do you base your inference? Genuinely interested.

I don't have anything at all on ''good authority'' but you can read between the lines when we talk about matches and players and all football and other issues in general.

The lad apparently struggled when he first went to Holland as well and his time here has had some stop start stuff with injuries and International Duties - So just my opinion that he will get the chance to fulfil his potential

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What makes you think aj will come good ? Genuine question

BHA tracking him for several years. Top scorer in the Dutch League. Top attitude. Not featured much yet. Most of all (WRT my judgement), I have watched him closely, and his passing and speed of thought and movement are of a quality unmatched in our squad. I know he looks slow but I see a nippier version of the young Beckham. One pass he did today was so sublime it seems to have whooshed everyone on here. Bergkampesque. Sadly he has had a couple of real shockers, where he has looked like a total novice. But he obviously isn't so, rather like running a marathon with grit in your underpants, once the source of distracting irritation is identified and corrected, all will be well. I don't think he has found his niche in the side yet, but that's not what you asked me.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
BHA tracking him for several years. Top scorer in the Dutch League. Top attitude. Not featured much yet. Most of all (WRT my judgement), I have watched him closely, and his passing and speed of thought and movement are of a quality unmatched in our squad. I know he looks slow but I see a nippier version of the young Beckham. One pass he did today was so sublime it seems to have whooshed everyone on here. Bergkampesque. Sadly he has had a couple of real shockers, where he has looked like a total novice. But he obviously isn't so, rather like running a marathon with grit in your underpants, once the source of distracting irritation is identified and corrected, all will be well. I don't think he has found his niche in the side yet, but that's not what you asked me.

Normally, you are quite sensible, but we have 3 wide payers better than AJ, one of which has a dodgy knee and may never play for us again and he is still better, so perhaps that's a whoosh? Solly is 10 times the player AJ will ever be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Normally, you are quite sensible, but we have 3 wide payers better than AJ, one of which has a dodgy knee and may never play for us again and he is still better, so perhaps that's a whoosh? Solly is 10 times the player AJ will ever be.

I was explaining why I think things will come good for Ali J, not why I think he should be voted player of the season.

Also I hope things will come good for him. So, apparently, does CH. Until CH is shown the door, I feel I have no choice other than to imagine the Ali J cup sooner rather than later becoming half full.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I think the fact that he has started 15 games and come on in another 7 despite not delivering anything suggests CH has faith that he will come good. Couldn’t believe he got another recall today when it is so clear that our best wide men are Knocky and March at the moment.

I’ve heard he rips it up in training but it’s just not translating to matches. Fingers crossed he repays the faith

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ali j glides, he’s quicker than he looks... for me he sits on a scale; somewhere betwixt Luis Figo and Ricky Otto.

He’s trying too hard. His confidence is shot, and he’s getting the ‘fear.’ Give him a proper pre-season and until the end of Sept before we ship him off to roots hall, fancy hair and all.

My wife also loves him, can’t think why ?

We had some near 10s out there today, where they came from I do not know... inexplicably wonderful.

I feel we may yet play a part in the title saga... sometimes even the smallest club can influence all ends.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ali J made one killer pass in the first half that might have created a goal. Not acknowledged on the telly box. And that was no penalty. He didn't do much, and I wasn't surprised by the substitution. I still feel he will come good though.

Thought Andone was OK too. His last minute fiddle diddle was deliberate time wasting.

Bissouma, Bernado, Dunk, Duffy, tiny keeper and Stevens all 10
Andone and Ali J both 6
The rest 9

Cannot argue with any of this, just shows the amount of pressure the players must have been under over resent weeks maybe it's a little lesson to us all, today the pressure was lifted and we were able to reminded that this team can play its there for all to see let's not spend the summer slagging the players and management and give the club a chance to improve as a team

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I was explaining why I think things will come good for Ali J, not why I think he should be voted player of the season.

Also I hope things will come good for him. So, apparently, does CH. Until CH is shown the door, I feel I have no choice other than to imagine the Ali J cup sooner rather than later becoming half full.

We have 2 fit wide players who are clearly miles better that AJ and should start every game when available, so I can only imaging AJ is getting games because we paid so much for him (it least in BHA terms) that he has to get some game time to prove the recruitment wasn't actually a pile of s**t, which actually most fans know it was. Solly was fantastic this afternoon, both in attack and defence, Knocky was pretty good too, so what is the point playing AJ when he is clearly not better that Solly and Knocky. If CH had faith in him he wouldn't have subbed him at half time, that's worse than not getting picked to start a game. Happy for AJ to prove me wrong, but he won't!

Mails scores:

ARSENAL 4-3-1-2: Leno 7; Lichtsteiner 4.5 (Kolasinac 76 min, 5), Sokratis 5.5, Mustafi 6, Monreal 6; Torreira 6, Xhaka 5, (Iwobi 76, 5) Mkhitaryan 6.5 (Guendouzi 76, 5); Ozil 6; Lacazette 6.5, Aubaeyang 6.

BRIGHTON 4-1-4-1: Ryan 7.5; Bruno 6.5, Duffy 8, Dunk 7, Bernardo 6; Stephens 6.5, Jahanbakhsh 4.5 (Knockaert 46, 7), Gross 6 (Kayal 90), Bissouma 6, March 7.5; Murray 6.5 (Andone 77).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have 2 fit wide players who are clearly miles better that AJ and should start every game when available, so I can only imaging AJ is getting games because we paid so much for him (it least in BHA terms) that he has to get some game time to prove the recruitment wasn't actually a pile of s**t, which actually most fans know it was. Solly was fantastic this afternoon, both in attack and defence, Knocky was pretty good too, so what is the point playing AJ when he is clearly not better that Solly and Knocky. If CH had faith in him he wouldn't have subbed him at half time, that's worse than not getting picked to start a game. Happy for AJ to prove me wrong, but he won't!

I agree with you. But I don't see AJ as a winger. Why CH plays him as a winger is a mystery. For AJ to come good CH will need to work out where to play him. It should be more central in my estimation. I actually saw Muzza out on the bloody wing again today for a spell. That's probably indiscipline.

Anyway, we can talk about our opinions till the cows are slaughtered, filletted, turned into burgers and put on the barby. Only time and motion will tell. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mails scores:

ARSENAL 4-3-1-2: Leno 7; Lichtsteiner 4.5 (Kolasinac 76 min, 5), Sokratis 5.5, Mustafi 6, Monreal 6; Torreira 6, Xhaka 5, (Iwobi 76, 5) Mkhitaryan 6.5 (Guendouzi 76, 5); Ozil 6; Lacazette 6.5, Aubaeyang 6.

BRIGHTON 4-1-4-1: Ryan 7.5; Bruno 6.5, Duffy 8, Dunk 7, Bernardo 6; Stephens 6.5, Jahanbakhsh 4.5 (Knockaert 46, 7), Gross 6 (Kayal 90), Bissouma 6, March 7.5; Murray 6.5 (Andone 77).

Murray 6.5, Bissouma 6? This paper is genius. I MUST read it to find out about my rights as an employee, the meaning of Ramadan, and what to think about Brexit.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I agree with you. But I don't see AJ as a winger. Why CH plays him as a winger is a mystery. For AJ to come good CH will need to work out where to play him. It should be more central in my estimation. I actually saw Muzza out on the bloody wing again today for a spell. That's probably indiscipline.

Anyway, we can talk about our opinions till the cows are slaughtered, filletted, turned into burgers and put on the barby. Only time and motion will tell. :thumbsup:

You may well be right about him playing out of position, maybe we are being unfair to AJ, but I'd love to know where the recruitment team expected him to play because he just doesn't seem to fit into the way we set up to play. He must be better than his performances indicate so far but a lot of money spent on a square peg for a round hole!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Ali J thing reminds of me of CMS. Posters claiming to see something others don’t. Where’s CMS these days?

Old (35). 161 career league goals. Doing fine for us till his injury.

For players who struggled and the bossomed you don't need to look around too far. We have that Harry Kane who spent time sent out on loan. And that sorry old tart Chelsea let go the other season, Mow Salad or something.

The new NSC motto seems to be 'Burn him!'. Give the new lads a chance, FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You may well be right about him playing out of position, maybe we are being unfair to AJ, but I'd love to know where the recruitment team expected him to play because he just doesn't seem to fit into the way we set up to play. He must be better than his performances indicate so far but a lot of money spent on a square peg for a round hole!

Agree. "Right, you see Bruno and Knocky out there on the wing, right? Well, we singed you to play sort of between them. Or instead of Knocky. Or March? Yes! Yes, Marsh. March. Right....over there. With Murray (we let him wander out on the wing sometimes.....becuause....anyway). So....off you go then. Be a good laddie. And remember, these are a good side."

:facepalm: Barber OUT!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here