Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno. 2 more games?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Bruno played another excellent 90 minutes for the Albion.

I assume his time is up at the end of the season.
But for my money he's worth another year.
But that might just be sentiment.

What's the view of NSC?

Sentiment has to go by the board if we are ever to establish ourselves as an EPL team.

Bruno has been a fantastic servant for the club and I wish he can continue in some role but seriously, if we wish to stay up, he can only be a sub now !

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’ll stick my neck out here. Possibly the best player we’ve ever had. I love watching him play. So assured.and works so well with whoever (but particularly AK) is in front of him. Obviously cares a lot about the club, his kids play locally. And played under 5 managers. Have no doubt he helps others settle, provides a calming influence and also is the best on the balk we have.

He could be the best player in my life time (30 years a supporter) the fact he’s an absolute top bloke who loves the club and city make him a legend.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bruno was immense today. How the f.uck do we replace such a colussus?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sentiment has to go by the board if we are ever to establish ourselves as an EPL team.

Bruno has been a fantastic servant for the club and I wish he can continue in some role but seriously, if we wish to stay up, he can only be a sub now !

I guess this is where I'm at really..

The question is... is Montoya our no 1 Right back next season,
If so I want Bruno as back up, because we simply will not get a back up anywhere close to Bruno.

2nd season running Bruno has been 1st choice for the crunch games.
Says a lot to me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My choice of season ticket (N1C) was partly due to being able to spend 45 minutes a match watching the great man defend.
There is no greater sight that watching Bruno play his way around some young whipper snapper who thinks he has got the beating of the old man.
How I envy the away fans when they are treated to his genius in the second half.

of course he is great going forward too, superb cross leading up to today's goal.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
And on the pitch neither's Bruno. Might be good on the training ground but the best captain walked on the pitch at halftime and by **** we need one like him now.

Of course he is. Captain these days isn't about shouting.
It's about keeping things calm & showing how it's done.
Bruno does this, always.
A 21st century captain has to have class

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of course he is. Captain these days isn't about shouting.
It's about keeping things calm & showing how it's done.
Bruno does this, always.
A 21st century captain has to have class

Disagree in spades

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bruno was immense today. How the f.uck do we replace such a colussus?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
He was superb. The number of fires he put out with calmness and style. We'd have lost that game comfortably without him.

If he's fit enough to play even ten games next season (and I'm bloody sure he is) then we must keep him and keep him as captain.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Can you think of any defender to have played for Brighton who could come close in terms of technique? When he does go we will all be slightly bereft. We will only realise this when a team-mate plays a scruffy high ball to our right back and it is not taken on the instep like it had been served on a velvet cushion and moved on quickly with minimum fuss.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The fact that it is clearly the right decision to keep Bruno doesn't say much for the recruitment in the last two years
Out of the massive spending teams, who has a right back with better technique?

Last season every pundit was singing his praises. Merson (who was usually slagging us off) said every kid who wants to play right back should watch Bruno. Gary Neville was gushing over him as if he was a Man United player and could not believe the things he could do at his age.

It's not easy or cheap to replace GENIUS.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can you think of any defender to have played for Brighton who could come close in terms of technique? When he does go we will all be slightly bereft. We will only realise this when a team-mate plays a scruffy high ball to our right back and it is not taken on the instep like it had been served on a velvet cushion and moved on quickly with minimum fuss.
Precisely. My son compared him to Iniesta today as every time our hearts were in our mouths, we realised that the ball was going to Bruno..... and the split second of panic was gone.

Solly changed the game, but without El Capitan we'd have been screwed. Calmness and style personified. I wish we could clone him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Out of the massive spending teams, who has a right back with better technique?

Last season every pundit was singing his praises. Merson (who was usually slagging us off) said every kid who wants to play right back should watch Bruno. Gary Neville was gushing over him as if he was a Man United player and could not believe the things he could do at his age.

It's not easy or cheap to replace GENIUS.

yeah.

This!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Precisely. My son compared him to Iniesta today as every time our hearts were in our mouths, we realised that the ball was going to Bruno..... and the split second of panic was gone.

Solly changed the game, but without El Capitan we'd have been screwed. Calmness and style personified. I wish we could clone him.

They can give the ball to Bruno in any way, and he will stop the ball dead. He is the most technically gifted player on the team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The fact that it is clearly the right decision to keep Bruno doesn't say much for the recruitment in the last two years

Think I mentioned earlier that the second half improvement came with 7 of the 10 outfield players who featured in the final Championship match in 2017. Duffy was injured that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here