Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] THFC Stadium

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Indeed, worked well. Only 'spanner' or spanners in the works is when the line of 6 mates or so choose 4 empty seats to squeeze into. People standing sideways not being able to grasp said rail, diminishing the overall matchday experience.

Aah...my pet hate. There you are in your seat, reasonably comfortable, then all of a sudden you find yourself squeezed, encroached upon. You realise a group of lads are ' over-occupying ' seats next to you. Had it at Palace, at Chelsea and at Wolves. You find yourself being pushed along the line, ever so slightly, bit by bit, as the lads engineer a little bit more space for themselves.
Stewards seem to let it go all the time, so it will keep happening.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Went up some stairs in the concourse to an upper level that had shelves for drinks and no queues. Pie and a pint of Neckoil for £9. I thought that the stadium was superb, other than the inaudible PA.

Agreed but I only paid £5 (upstairs) for a pie and a pint (any pint)

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
33F930C2-B01D-4E9D-908E-37441BFE33D2.jpeg
Pity they didn’t think about TV camera locations!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
One of the best grounds I’ve ever visited anywhere in the world, arguably the best in this country. Absolute ******* to get home from though, got in just before 1am :(
Queueing at WHL station I did yearn for Falmer!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I assume those sitting just yards away from us (behind us on same level) were 1901 equivalent. Not sure they would be that pleased with some of the away fans you get.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Looks very nice and very imposing walking up Tottenham high road with it overhanging the road.

Security a joke, we just walked in and ended up in the Spurs end. Stewards had to let us out and direct us to the away end. Concourses were small and not practical. Ditto the toilets. Why not just have a trough rather than urinals spread out far too wide.

Beer was good and £5 for a pint of neck oil is very good value for London. Staff were shit but I assume they'll get better over time. Likewise I assume they'll get better at dispersing crowds post game.

Pretty decent view and was loud when Spurs did make some noise or boo Ryan.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
The food and drink staff were clearly on a learning curve. The guy who served me was very friendly. Nice touch that they all wore white polos emblazoned with the BHAFC badge.

el punal

Went up some stairs in the concourse to an upper level that had shelves for drinks and no queues. Pie and a pint of Neckoil for £9. I thought that the stadium was superb, other than the inaudible PA.

Were you allowed to do that? I thought the away fans (us) were kept in the bottom tier - seats and catering. Had I known I would have ventured there myself.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Were you allowed to do that? I thought the away fans (us) were kept in the bottom tier - seats and catering. Had I known I would have ventured there myself.

The lower tier concourse had two levels (if that’s not a contradiction in terms!). Upstairs has external facing windows and was much quieter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Atmosphere? Average.
Concourse? Same as everywhere else.
Queues? Loads
Travel? Nightmare.

Beer and food...very good.
View inside the stadium? Absolutely wonderful.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A friend of mine said there was an upper concourse with bugger all queues.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The only fault with the stadium - shelves. Somewhere to put your pint while you are eating your pie.

Other than that, it is an absolute gem. The Amex on steroids. Really impressive. And the Spurs fans - unlike their neighbours - can make a noise.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not quite true. Heineken have a 40 million stake in Beavertown. The percentage has not been declared as far as I know but it’s believed it’s not a controlling interest. For some, this stake will affect their “craft” status though.

49% stake to be 100% within 2 years

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
A friend of mine said there was an upper concourse with bugger all queues.

Yes there was. And the queues were a lot lighter. Plenty of space as well and toilets empty. Stewards should have eased huge congestion downstairs by telling
people.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The pies and sausage rolls were from our very own Piglets Pantry.

I also spied Beavertown-battered tofu and chips on a concourse menu, which has to be the best veggie option I've seen in a ground anywhere. I didn't get a chance to try it though - any reports?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here