Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the Hughton out brigade

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Err no.

CH had struggled all season and we were in massive trouble until an anti-Mourihno United and an anti-Wenger Arsenal arrived . That saved our season.
Hasn't saved it yet. Hopefully but we're not there yet.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I want him out. Can't go through another season watching that turgid football

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Izquierdo and Knockaert both love balls into space, but seldom receive any passes of quality. That beauty from Stephens to Knockaert against Palace a rare piece of quality.

Rare? He does it nearly every game.

He did it on Saturday for March, who checked back even though he had the better of Boly (no confidence) then switched play to Izquierdo who offered them back possession.

4 minute mark on extended highlights if interested.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Last season: 40 points from 38 games: Triumph - Hughton for England!

This season: 34 points from 34 games: disaster - Sack Hughton!

Sure, we're not playing well but some of the comments on this Board and elsewhere are embarrassing. Chrissy deserves better.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

'Chrissy' deserves better? Seriously?

I think the supporters deserve better. No goals in 6 games is shit no matter how many times you try polishing the turd.

What is embarrassing is being totally outplayed by Millwall for 90 minutes. Getting thrashed at home 5 nil by a struggling Bournemouth. Getting thrashed at home by a struggling Southampton. Getting thrashed at home by Cardiff. Losing to Fulham 4-2 after going two goals up. There's a whole load of embarrassing. Ask 'Chrissy' what he thinks of that lot?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Izquierdo and Knockaert both love balls into space, but seldom receive any passes of quality. That beauty from Stephens to Knockaert against Palace a rare piece of quality.

Which AK tried his hardest to miscontrol. :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Chrissy' deserves better? Seriously?

I think the supporters deserve better. No goals in 6 games is shit no matter how many times you try polishing the turd.

What is embarrassing is being totally outplayed by Millwall for 90 minutes. Getting thrashed at home 5 nil by a struggling Bournemouth. Getting thrashed at home by a struggling Southampton. Getting thrashed at home by Cardiff. Losing to Fulham 4-2 after going two goals up. There's a whole load of embarrassing. Ask 'Chrissy' what he thinks of that lot?

Paraphrasing from the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast, while discussing Bournemouth losing to Fulham:-

'For me the big question to come out of this game is:-

'How did Brighton lose 5-0 at home to a team would couldn't be more on the beach if they were wearing flip flops and drinking Pina Coladas from a coconut?'

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
to be honest the shit football only becomes a factor when its not working.

All the time we are winning and picking up points .... does anyone give a shit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
to be honest the shit football only becomes a factor when its not working.

All the time we are winning and picking up points .... does anyone give a shit

I think you'll find there was a fair few that did..
Plenty of posters saw November for what it actually was and quite possibly foresaw this as the eventual outcome.

(I wasn't one of them - although I reckon I was onto Murray long before everyone else).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Plenty of posters saw November for what it actually was and quite possibly foresaw this as the eventual outcome.

(I wasn't one of them - although I reckon I was onto Murray long before everyone else).

That's because in retrospect people can just say it was all rubbish, but actually while we laboured for 3 straight wins against West Ham, Newcastle, and Wolves, we destroyed ManUtd and Palace, probably deserved to beat Arsenal, had a strong game v Everton, and probably created enough to win 3 games in our home game to Watford. I also thought we played well away to West Ham, only like Fulham aberrations in defence cost us, in both those away games we scored twice (not down to tactics), then conceded (down to tactics).

It might seem like I am defending Hughton under this wave of calling for his job, but actually I'm not, I'm generally arguing for far too much being attributed to the manager as the sole reason, while players are getting off scott free, or the classic 'they're only crap because...*'

* pick from;
played out of position
not playing to their strengths
no time to settle yet
balls not the balls they like

because their Youtube video shows they are good, so it's only down to the manager...:moo:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Rare? He does it nearly every game.

He did it on Saturday for March, who checked back even though he had the better of Boly (no confidence) then switched play to Izquierdo who offered them back possession.

4 minute mark on extended highlights if interested.

I'll take your word for it, can't bring myself to watch again.

Knowing he can do it just winds me up more, on the frequent occasions when he misplaces an easy one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's because in retrospect people can just say it was all rubbish, but actually while we laboured for 3 straight wins against West Ham, Newcastle, and Wolves, we destroyed ManUtd and Palace, probably deserved to beat Arsenal, had a strong game v Everton, and probably created enough to win 3 games in our home game to Watford. I also thought we played well away to West Ham, only like Fulham aberrations in defence cost us, in both those away games we scored twice (not down to tactics), then conceded (down to tactics).

It might seem like I am defending Hughton under this wave of calling for his job, but actually I'm not, I'm generally arguing for far too much being attributed to the manager as the sole reason, while players are getting off scott free, or the classic 'they're only crap because...*'

* pick from;
played out of position
not playing to their strengths
no time to settle yet
balls not the balls they like

because their Youtube video shows they are good, so it's only down to the manager...:moo:

It's a shame then that Mr Hughton has allowed to many excuses to be available. :kiss:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

plenty of posters maybe but none from the many fans that I know / talk to that don't post.

People tend to go with the majority on here and that majority at moment is a moaning one

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks, that's the point I wanted to make. The movement from box to box. That is coached and practiced. Burnley scared Chelsea, scored 2 goals (remember them, goals?) and had players working really hard. Passing to teammates ahead of them. That's a novelty...

Good luck to them . A decent result. But come off it. Burnley scored 2 goals (great finish from Hendricks and great bit of finishing from Ashley Barnes) from two set pieces where they rival er, us in the goals per set piece stakes. But a lot of forward and attacking play or box to box counter attacking ?
And yep, they definitely had players working hard because they had only 23% possession , and gave the ball away a lot (59% pass accuracy).

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

That's simply not true. The issue is the lack of movement and the systematic rigidity which means their first priority is to defend the space until they're 100% sure a run will be rewarded. Unfortunately such a pragmatic approach doesn't lead to regular goals as we're seeing this year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Paraphrasing from the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast, while discussing Bournemouth losing to Fulham:-

'For me the big question to come out of this game is:-

'How did Brighton lose 5-0 at home to a team would couldn't be more on the beach if they were wearing flip flops and drinking Pina Coladas from a coconut?'

Because Plucky’s season ended AFTER they won the world’s most unlikely derby at The Amex.

Fraser, Wilson, Brooks, Lerma, Ake, Cook looked possessed in their determination to win their first major trophy.

The Guardian writer obviously didn’t watch the Amex match, instead writing neat sounding fiction a week later.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because Plucky’s season ended AFTER they won the world’s most unlikely derby at The Amex.

Fraser, Wilson, Brooks, Lerma, Ake, Cook looked possessed in their determination to win their first major trophy.

The Guardian writer obviously didn’t watch the Amex match, instead writing neat sounding fiction a week later.

We have conceded some quality goals recently, it has to be said :down:

Bournemouth and Cardiff particularly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here