Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Early Retirement help

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good point........although my youngest is about to graduate, I don’t think that’ll be the end of the Bank of Mum and Dad [emoji23][emoji23]

Same here for me, youngest graduates in a few months, have made some provisions for both to get on the housing ladder

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same here for me, youngest graduates in a few months, have made some provisions for both to get on the housing ladder

Pretty much that......luckily the eldest a) studied nursing in Scotland (no fees, and got a bursary) b) plans to stay up there so housing is massively cheaper c) has already been working (and saving) for a couple of years. I’ve promised to fund her Masters though and we’ll help with property when she’s ready

Younger one is far more likely to stay local, and has the usual student debt so will need more help.......

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
A different question: do you feel your current pension scheme is secure? My company pension scheme went bust, resulting in it's being purchased by the govt PPF....thank goodness for that safety net. Anyways, I felt that was coming and so took maximum lump sum (with lower annuity, as a move to PPF may well reduce/cap it anyway), and have slowly invested the cash in SIPP and ISA thru Hargreaves Lansdowne. All a bit of a risk most ways really, just spread any investments and good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here