Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As I posted above, Common Assault carries a maximum sentence of six months imprisonment.

Must be a good shout for a charge of breach of the peace I'd have thought; drunk and disorderly if he is found to contain excess alcohol, plus isn't there some specific offence about going on to the field of play these days?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I disagree 100% with punishing all the other fans who do nothing wrong by imposing points deductions or closed doors. That's no different to lazy teachers who punish a whole class rather than the individual who does something wrong. If enough dickhead fans get locked up, heavily fined and banned from all clubs for life, the message will eventually get through.

I also don't want Grealish at the Albion, not that we could afford him. The Birmingham/Villa derby is seriously more passionate than Albion/Palace will ever be. Jumping in the crowd in such circumstances is inflammatory and stupid - and no, I didn't condone what Andone did either against Huddersfield.

I agree, but with a codicil: if the club can be shown to have been part to blame through contributory negligence, for instance if stewards stood idly by watching a goon launch himself on the pitch during play, the club should be punished. That said, this might lead to a reactive banning of flasks and bottle tops, so people may feel it would be better to have the odd nutter on the pitch in order that their own Human Rights are not infringed. Or maybe a simple 3 point penalty is after all the simplest and most fair solution, and the pain of indiscriminate punishment will soon be salved by a lovely serving of hot soup. ???

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Soft indeed. He ran up behind him and shoved him over. He looked like he was traying to punch him but made a hash of it. Grealish was flattened because the assailant is a fat tosser twice Grealish' weight. Newtonian forces in action.

Never touched him.Grealish dived.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was wasting time faking an injury just before so the lunatic may have had thought it was justified.

Of course he thought it was justified. :shrug:

But of course, it wasn't.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think a one game stadium closure is justified.

Yes it's unfair on the other law abiding fans....... but there's a bigger picture. This has to be stamped out and one of the things that remains a motivation to these people is the thought of being a hero in front of his fans. If the supporters knew a stadium closure would result from attacking a player in the future, they would be less supportive of their have a go hero as they were running towards an opposing player and positively fuming at him as he got carted off.

I don't agree with a point deduction as it would be possible for people to pose as fans of other teams to gain their team an advantage in the league.

I don't blame the stewards or security. It's impossible to guarantee that nobody will get through.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Must be a good shout for a charge of breach of the peace I'd have thought; drunk and disorderly if he is found to contain excess alcohol, plus isn't there some specific offence about going on to the field of play these days?

Breach of the Peace isn't, technically, a criminal offence and the only sentence that can be imposed is a bind over. Breach of a Bind over IS a criminal offence.
Being drunk would be an aggravating factor in sentencing.
Entering the field of play is a specific offence.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Except that’s his parents house as he is at uni in Manchester

And complete waste of money for the local businesses :rolleyes:

Well, let's hope they like pizza then.

He's probably in for it when he goes home.

Unlike pizza, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Birmingham City have always been scummy. 20 - 30 of them piled in to a scarfer on my first trip up there in the late 80s after we'd won and chased me and my mate who were behind as they'd clocked us as Brighton. They were called off by one bloke getting off a bus.

80s/90s - attacking a lone bloke in colours and chasing two 18 year olds before being scared off by a fat bloke on a bus,

late 2010s - attacking Villa players from behind and posting grave jokes on twitter.

c***s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For a lunatic it is. What part of my comment is a problem?

Nothing. It just occurred to me that everyone who does something dramatic and absurd thinks it is justified at the time.

I wonder if he's still s******* the Billy big bollocks this morning.....

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Birmingham City have always been scummy. 20 - 30 of them piled in to a scarfer on my first trip up there in the late 80s after we'd won and chased me and my mate who were behind as they'd clocked us as Brighton. They were called off by one bloke getting off a bus.

80s/90s - attacking a lone bloke in colours and chasing two 18 year olds before being scared off by a fat bloke on a bus,

late 2010s - attacking Villa players from behind and posting grave jokes on twitter.

c***s.

Yeah, all Birmingham City fans should be shot, tarred with feathers, banned from the ground and never be allowed to watch their team ever again.

Because of one moronic, idiotic thug who will likely go to prison now and I hope they throw away the key.

Some of the back page headlines and pictures this morning have gone way over the top. The next match they have is Millwall at home on Wednesday night. Great. Not the sort of game they need when the eyes of the media will be on them. And when you've got someone you deeply care about attending who's always been to the vast majority of their matches and witnessed very little trouble apart from when they play Villa it pisses me right off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here