Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ticket Touts Testerday.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
i once plooked a Norwegian bird in the bot bot totally by mistake ....there was a lot of tequila and coconut oil involved and it just slid in.

That’s a risk when you have a tiny pecker Syders.... err so I’m told.....:wave:

Last edited:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
2.55 by the station asking for a ticket in a 'Northern' accent ..asking for a ticket...

If any of them had a northern or scouse accent then they can’t have been there to support Liverpool, no fan of theirs who attended the match hails from any further north than Patcham

theboybilly

So, people (with northern accents) were asking for tickets? I didn't know people asking for tickets were touts - I thought touts were just the people selling them.

Touts will buy spares for up to face value then mark them up for sale. It's well organised - one tout on one side of the ground can shift tickets to another tout elsewhere if they need them

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Quite normal with the 'big teams' to have fans just turn up to try and get a ticket anywhere in the ground, recall this happening a lot when United came to Sunderland

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Quite normal with the 'big teams' to have fans just turn up to try and get a ticket anywhere in the ground, recall this happening a lot when United came to Sunderland

Newcastle?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Touts will buy spares for up to face value then mark them up for sale. It's well organised - one tout on one side of the ground can shift tickets to another tout elsewhere if they need them

Fair enough. Or maybe they just wanted a ticket to get in to see the match?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't know people asking for tickets were touts - I thought touts were just the people selling them.

They often are, and they will often say things like “Buy any spare” and/or “buy or sell”

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
How many others spotted them yesterday?

I arrived at the Amex particulary early, about 12.30, and was approached four times by individuals asking in a particularly Scouse accent, "gotta a ticket mate?", once at the top of the steps opposite the Village Way bus stop, twice in the Coach Park, and once quite brazenly outside the Ticket Office.

Now l'm not quite sure if these guys were buying or selling, but did anyone else come across anything similar?
did you reply ...
idododonti !

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Scouser wandering about by the coach park stairs asking to buy tickets, can't imagine he had much luck

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
2 x Spanish guys asked me for tix. I sent them off towards the Police at the Railway Stn!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don’t be silly, innocent of everything, always.
2 public enquiries not enough for you? You really are a nasty piece of work.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Bloke and what I presumed to be his son holding a '2 tickets wanted' sign close to the footbridge.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I had a guy ask me if I had any spare tickets for the away end. I think he said he was asking for a "Friend". I assumed by that he meant somebody he knew and liked, but then again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here