Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You are? You hadn't mentioned that in any of your replies to me.
All I've read from you is 'he's shit', 'we're shit', 'not premier league', 'what is there to be happy about', 'negative record', 'I wish we played like Liverpool', 'Hughton out', 'embarrassing' etc, etc.

Ah I'm finally getting through to you.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Doesn't make it true. I remember a few months ago Duffy saying something similar, and when Johnny Cantor asked Hughton about it, Hughton just past it off as a player who was disappointed with a result, and said the opposite to Duffy.

Sure as the goals went in against plucky, our heads dropped and you could say some players didn't want it (mostly due to frustration and not knowing how to fix it), but not before that, and it wasn't the case against Cardiff either.

I'm not sure we're going to agree on this Trig.

I've not seen the Cardiff game, it was on at 3:45 a.m over here. Unsurprisingly after waking up and seeing the result I didn't have a massive desire to hunt down the match replay. I have seen most of the games this season though (which ultimately is my main reason for wanting the albion to be in the premier league - it's a hell of a lot easier following a premier league team overseas than it is a lower league one) and for large parts of the season I would say our work rate has not been at the level of the last three years. Maybe the Cardiff game was better but Bournemouth and Southampton and far too many other games this year have been below par.

By work rate I mean the willingness and speed to get back into position when we lose the ball, the willingness to continually track back and help out the full backs and defence, the willingness to continually close down sharply and aggressively, the willingness to do all the hard yards of the game. I'm not saying they have stopped doing those things, just that it's not at the same level and as consistently as before. Which is a problem for a team built on organisation and work rate.

I wouldn't put too much store in Hughton passing off Duffy's comments, it's in no way in his best interests to say it's true. I would, however, put store in the fact that two of our best and most important players have both said the same thing at different times in the season. But then that is confirming my opinion so I guess I would say that...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure we're going to agree on this Trig.

I've not seen the Cardiff game, it was on at 3:45 a.m over here. Unsurprisingly after waking up and seeing the result I didn't have a massive desire to hunt down the match replay. I have seen most of the games this season though (which ultimately is my main reason for wanting the albion to be in the premier league - it's a hell of a lot easier following a premier league team overseas than it is a lower league one) and for large parts of the season I would say our work rate has not been at the level of the last three years. Maybe the Cardiff game was better but Bournemouth and Southampton and far too many other games this year have been below par.

By work rate I mean the willingness and speed to get back into position when we lose the ball, the willingness to continually track back and help out the full backs and defence, the willingness to continually close down sharply and aggressively, the willingness to do all the hard yards of the game. I'm not saying they have stopped doing those things, just that it's not at the same level and as consistently as before. Which is a problem for a team built on organisation and work rate.

I wouldn't put too much store in Hughton passing off Duffy's comments, it's in no way in his best interests to say it's true. I would, however, put store in the fact that two of our best and most important players have both said the same thing at different times in the season. But then that is confirming my opinion so I guess I would say that...

‘We haven’t been at our levels’

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
WTF? So you don't think he picked the team that he thought would be most likely to get us a point, you think his selection was more to do with moaning at the owner? Don't be ****ing stupid.

Why do you feel that you have to be so offensive, make you feel good ?
An opinion given may not agree with yours, live with it.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Guess the Newspaper Time.

Brighton the wounded Rabbit stepped in to the Wolves lair and somehow managed to survive the ensuing onslaught, meanwhile in sleepy Hove a man has been found with a large quantity of Aubergines stuffed in his fridge, police are on scene and looking into it.
This prematch summary was pretty accurate I wonder if The Argus picked up on it and the police acted upon the tip off :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do you feel that you have to be so offensive, make you feel good ?
I forget about it a second after posting. It's probably more like going over the top to help you realise how silly the suggestion was.
An opinion given may not agree with yours, live with it.
:shrug: I've no problem living with it. You might want to reconsider your opinion though, and have another think about whether Chris would risk our PL survival in order to make a point, rather than just tell the bosses that he needs different players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here