Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Four clean sheets? Jesus. Not only do we suffer with the worst football possible but we also can’t keep a clean sheet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the four we kept

As per my other post on this thread we've actually kept 7 clean sheets in the league this season. Same number as Man Utd and 1 less than Arsenal. Kayal has started 3 of them, was a playing sub in 2.

They were West Ham (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Everton (h), Watford (h), Huddersfield (h) and Wolves (a)

We had 10 clean sheets last season.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As per my other post on this thread we've actually kept 7 clean sheets in the league this season. Same number as Man Utd and 1 less than Arsenal. Kayal has started 3 of them, was a playing sub in 2.

They were West Ham (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Everton (h), Watford (h), Huddersfield (h) and Wolves (a)

That interesting so with a lot more change at the back new partnerships we so far have only kept a clean sheet three times less than last year

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
We’ve been carrying far too many players for weeks now. It’s obvious that Propper and Stephens aren’t ready at this level and never will be as they have too many weaknesses in their playing style, i.e no pace and lack of accuracy. Also leadership qualities are nowhere to be seen. I saw Stephens moaning at Duffy at Molineux, surely that should be the other way around for starters as Duffy was immense as was Dunk.

When Kayal entered the field I was much more convinced that we would get something from the game, he did not let me, or the travelling fans down, great display Baram, pushed us up the field higher and kept on giving the Wolves defence something to think about. I for one would keep him in the team until the end of the season no matter what.

how can you say Stepehns has "lack of accuracy" he has the highest pass completion rate in the whole squad?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
how can you say Stepehns has "lack of accuracy" he has the highest pass completion rate in the whole squad?

You have set yourself up here :lolol:

Waiting for the “Well yeah, even I could play Premier League football if all I had to do was pass sideways and backwards”

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In his first ever game for us he took the team and game by the scruff of the neck, scored and almost got us a draw. He is a good footballer with a big heart. Exactly what you want in a scrap. Has to play every game in the run in. HAS TO CH!!

This. Remember him coming on and bossing the team from the moment he came on. Gave them a right kick and got them going as it was limp performance before that.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m not saying Hughton is wrong in his recent non selection of Kayal, but the only nscer he seems to have in his camp is Ben’s Grandad

albion68

Oct 27, 2011

I surprised to see Kayal stats of 33 appearances 11 wins ,15 losses that very good for Premier League ,these are nor relegation stats .

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I surprised to see Kayal stats of 33 appearances 11 wins ,15 losses that very good for Premier League ,these are nor relegation stats .

Whoops bad typo`s .I was surprised to see Kayal stats of 33 appearances 11 wins ,15 losses that`s very good for Premier League , these are not relegation stats .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Come on mate.

Behind the ‘highest pass completion rate’ stat are a series of simple backwards or sideways (easiest option possible) passes that you or I could complete. Whilst a Stephens style player is probably essential to the way we play, he takes very little chances and when he does, he often gives the ball away. Kayal is much more forward looking with his more progressive and riskier passes, his stats reflect that.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Come on mate.

Behind the ‘highest pass completion rate’ stat are a series of simple backwards or sideways (easiest option possible) passes that you or I could complete. Whilst a Stephens style player is probably essential to the way we play, he takes very little chances and when he does, he often gives the ball away. Kayal is much more forward looking with his more progressive and riskier passes, his stats reflect that.

THIS with bells on

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

That interesting so with a lot more change at the back new partnerships we so far have only kept a clean sheet three times less than last year

Four games to go yet!! Three more clean sheets, and we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Come on mate.

Again not true, yesterday BK made 22 passes, only 1 of them was classed as a long ball, 68% pass accuracy. DS made 38 passes, 9 of those were long balls and 86% pass accuracy.

And for the fact I can almost guarantee if you were put on a football pitch against premier league players, in front of 30k people screaming at you, you would misplace these passes you say "you or I could complete"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Again not true, yesterday BK made 22 passes, only 1 of them was classed as a long ball, 68% pass accuracy. DS made 38 passes, 9 of those were long balls and 86% pass accuracy.

And for the fact I can almost guarantee if you were put on a football pitch against premier league players, in front of 30k people screaming at you, you would misplace these passes you say "you or I could complete"

Don’t say I didn’t warn you :wink:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
The question is why doesn't the manager see what most fans do other than BG.

His pass success rate is often poor which I'm guessing may be a factor. (as may the clumsy tackle vs Leicester)
Despite many people thinking Stephens' passing is poor and that he gives away the ball a lot he has a far better pass success rate than Kayal.
I think however Kayal brings an energy to the midfield that Propper doesn't and a maturity that Bissouma doesn't.
Kayal and Stephens for the rest of the season for me - with that area of the pitch being a priority for strengthening in the summer

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Come on mate.

This, with bells on. Stephens is quite happy hiding behind CH satisfaction with his sideways / backwards performance. He'd maintain he's only following orders. However, by any normal criteria, we need to be less Stephens and more Kayal. Else it'll be more of the same next season, except with an even worse outcome.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
This, with bells on. Stephens is quite happy hiding behind CH satisfaction with his sideways / backwards performance. He'd maintain he's only following orders. However, by any normal criteria, we need to be less Stephens and more Kayal. Else it'll be more of the same next season, except with an even worse outcome.

But he doesn't just pass backwards and sideways. Most of the balls out to the wings to set up attacks were played by Stephens.
EVERY other player plays the ball backwards at times but when Stephens does it he gets moaned at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here