Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Corporate Hospitality

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I had the pleasure (?) of being treated to it today at Wembley.
Best seats in the house they said!
I’m sorry - but I found myself raging against it and longing to be in the massed choir of Albion who put on a great display!
Football is about passion not sitting around in some 6 star restaurant with families and others who don’t care either way.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m sorry - but I found myself raging against it and longing to be in the massed choir of Albion who put on a great display!
Football is about passion not sitting around in some 6 star restaurant with families and others who don’t care either way.

I had a prawn sandwich land on my head, it wasn't you was it :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was in there too - centre circle seats, free food and drink and programmes.

We quite enjoyed it but most people in my area were actually well into the game. I guess it depends on who you're sharing your space with. I wouldn't pay to go in there mind, but faced with a freebie or £40-60 tix for the family (especially without a guarantee of tickets at all at the time) then I was happy enough.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

But that’s what corporate hospitality is. Schoolboy error I’m afraid.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Not a schoolboy error as been ‘fortunate’ to do it before. The food and the drink is amazing, and the seats are amazing. But I come from the North Stand Goldstone days and that is hospitality that you cannot buy!!!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not a schoolboy error as been ‘fortunate’ to do it before. The food and the drink is amazing, and the seats are amazing. But I come from the North Stand Goldstone days and that is hospitality that you cannot buy!!!!

Precisely.
If you want good food go to a top restaurant.
If you want good seats go to a top theatre.
If you want to enjoy a football match go with the fans.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Precisely.
If you want good food go to a top restaurant.
If you want good seats go to a top theatre.
If you want to enjoy a football match go with the fans.

Agree! Just saying! [emoji23][emoji23]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

6 star restaurant? I think not.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I was in the hospitality myself and it was brilliant, the food was top notch, the view from the seats was fantastic and it was a pleasure being able to watch our fans totally out sing the City fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I appreciate it is what it is and obviously knew what it would be like. And it was very well done and perfect for my Dad who likes a nice seat.
But being surrounded by half empty seating areas and most people not interested in the football just made me sad at the way the business of football has gone over the last 30 years.
The lower tier behind the goal packed with Tony Bloom’s Blue and White Army looked amazing and just how it should be!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I appreciate it is what it is and obviously knew what it would be like. And it was very well done and perfect for my Dad who likes a nice seat.
But being surrounded by half empty seating areas and most people not interested in the football just made me sad at the way the business of football has gone over the last 30 years.
The lower tier behind the goal packed with Tony Bloom’s Blue and White Army looked amazing and just how it should be!

Yep.

I was in the lower tier block 126 in line with the goal line. From where I was sitting I couldn't believe how empty the Club Wembley seats were. The central seats round the players tunnel were no more than a third full while all the fans were pushed further over to their own ends. The atmosphere was really good as you say, but the fact remains the best seats in the ground were hardly occupied....

To me, the only reason to hold theses at Wembley is to line the FAs pockets. Why they can't be held at proper neutral grounds like Villa Park, Goodison, Old Trafford etc?

Rant over

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Yep.

I was in the lower tier block 126 in line with the goal line. From where I was sitting I couldn't believe how empty the Club Wembley seats were. The central seats round the players tunnel were no more than a third full while all the fans were pushed further over to their own ends. The atmosphere was really good as you say, but the fact remains the best seats in the ground were hardly occupied....

To me, the only reason to hold theses at Wembley is to line the FAs pockets. Why they can't be held at proper neutral grounds like Villa Park, Goodison, Old Trafford etc?

Rant over

I'm not entirely sure but I think people buy a license for those seats, thus they guarantee themselves a seat for all the big games i.e. England matches and finals, I could be wrong though?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep.

Rant over

Disagee with the point of being at a neutral ground. Thought a huge part of the magic of the day yesterday was the Stripes playing and us watching on the hallowed turf called Wembley.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
I'm not entirely sure but I think people buy a license for those seats, thus they guarantee themselves a seat for all the big games i.e. England matches and finals, I could be wrong though?

Sure it was a 10 year license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here