Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The free-for-all approach is unquestionably correct, IMO, for the reasons my learned friend [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] has already made.

But so is opening the whole ground.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Will Derby take their full allocation?

Absolutely idiotic if the club don't open the upper tiers from the outset for this one, as has been suggested.

Still, it provides an opportunity for us to speculate when it will open. Over to you [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION]...

Previous episodes in the series:

West Brom: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?369576
Coventry: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?361225

Agreed. So basically some smart Alec at BHA has suggested there may be around 7000 fewer (my estimate of what WSU and ESU holds) for our 5th round game against Derby than our 4th round game against West Brom!

You really can't make it up.

The pricing is excellent once again. Some factors to consider with the attendance predictions....

More: A Round Later
More: The visiting club travel is larger numbers
More: It may be warmer

Less: It's on the telly
Less: It's a lunchtime kick off

I reckon the attendance will be very close to the West Brom game. I think the mores more or less counter the less's.

I'll do doubt waste plenty of hours counting dots for the next 10 days!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I reckon the attendance will be very close to the West Brom game. I think the mores more or less counter the less's.

Good man. Agree with the more/less analysis and ultimately a similar audience to the WBA one at The Amex.

I'll be waiting for ESU, Paul.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Checking the weather...….

5DL7.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed. So basically some smart Alec at BHA has suggested there may be around 7000 fewer (my estimate of what WSU and ESU holds) for our 5th round game against Derby than our 4th round game against West Brom!

You really can't make it up.

The pricing is excellent once again. Some factors to consider with the attendance predictions....

More: A Round Later
More: The visiting club travel is larger numbers
More: It may be warmer

Less: It's on the telly
Less: It's a lunchtime kick off

It's daft. Suspect the vast majority of STHs will go (with many bringing pals etc), Derby will possibly bring something close to a full allocation - so that's potentially 26/27k right there. Just open the whole ground for sales straight away FFS.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It’s just really annoying.

Rather than dicking around opening the ground piecemeal, just open it all up, give season ticket holders a window to purchase their own seats and then open it up further through points allocation.

just what is so hard about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably because its too sensible and we don't do sensible when it comes to tickets (see Chelsea away, West Brom cup.........)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Where would STHs usually seated in the 'Derby' section purchase? Not affecting me, but just interested.

They would be allocated seats by the club, as those affected at Withdean were, when need to move part of the covered stand ST in the early years

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I’m not a ST holder - but always get the same seat in WSU for league games - unless I’m going with my lads and we want to sit pretty much together... but still get WSU.

For the WBA home tie I got tickets for me and the lads as soon as they became available but had to take row 4 in ESL to get seats together. Hated being so low down - but I guess it’s what you’re used to! Will wait for upper stands to open this time!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For all of you waiting, one Lower West seat has been sold as I managed to get my usual ST seat.

Won't be long now before the upper tiers are opened

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm going to see how it goes today and tomorrow before deciding to wait for the upper tiers. Would like to back in the WSU even it is not my seat. If sales are dragging I'll go lower bowl.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also it's in the school holidays. Major difference for me at least (9 of us went to WBA, only 3 for Derby as the others are away).

Coventry in the 5th Round last year was the 17th February, also a half-term weekend, and we had 26,966. And that was without the draw of Frank Lampard.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Why have I got no clickable buy button?

OH YEAH COS I CANNOT READ...only a member please save two for me and my 12 year old, she is insanely excited by the FA Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here