Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On the eve of battle: tell our players why we just gotta beat ‘them lot’

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone who was there for McShane's goal wouldn't ever post the "I think like a player would", "it's only 3 points", "aren't I grown up" blah blah blah, bollocks.

I ended up getting pushed 4 rows in front, quite an achievement in all-seater

That happened to me at Anfield when Johnny Byrne equalised - bruised for a week but bloody worth every one of em. Madness, absolute euphoria! Football eh? Bloody hell!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You obviously didn’t go to the 0-1 away then no one in the ground gave a stuff about 3 points just beating the scum. You need to get some passion inside you man.

Personally I would rather beat Man Utd (again) or Man City or Liverpool or Chelsea or Arsenal (again).

That does not mean I want to lose against Palace...……….

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
I "hate" Palace as much as I "love" Brighton. I love winning against them, I hate losing to them. I suspect fans that push the rivalry down do so because they don't want to risk the hurt that comes from defeat, take a chance, tie some emotion to it, get hurt if we lose and love it all the more when we win.

Yep, this is how I see it. Obv from the other side.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep, this is how I see it. Obv from the other side.

Good. ‘Cause you’re all scum. But you’re our scum. I hope we stuff you and obviously a pox on your family too :thumbsup:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Because my job will be a living hell for a month of Sunday’s if they don’t.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Goal 1 = to avoid relegation.
Goal 2 = to finish above Palace.

Bring it on!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just f*cking well do the horrible pikey C*nts for every person involved with the Albion.

Especially us oldies who still to this day, hate them with every breath we have in our body !!!

This

Anyone who was there for McShane's goal wouldn't ever post the "I think like a player would", "it's only 3 points", "aren't I grown up" blah blah blah, bollocks.

Only 4 rows. What was wrong with you, were you on crutches?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not excited by the rivalry thing these days. Maybe when I'm at the match. Just hoping for three points.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Pah...four rows is amateur shit....I was at Bologna when Platt scored his last minute winner against Belgium at Italia 90 - Started at the back and ended up pitch side within seconds. Utter carnage!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I bloody hope they give an arse, this is not just another game

If the players find an extra few percentages in their efforts that always worries me. I hope of course they do but does anyone get my drift ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good. ‘Cause you’re all scum. But you’re our scum. I hope we stuff you and obviously a pox on your family too :thumbsup:

:bowdown::lolol:

That said, the 'fanatics' belong to nobody. Least of all Palace.

Personally I like to think I don't give a shit....but I can't wait for tomorrow. All I've thought about today.

Back in the 70s I went with one of my brothers to shitehole park and we had rocks thrown at us on the way to the station after. He's coming with me tomorrow. Happy days!!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Crystal Palace are just one of the teams in the Premier League. Beating them would give us three points, the same number as we would get beating any other team. That's all the players need to be told before tonight's game.

Yes, they have some mindless thugs masquerading as supporters, but there again so do many clubs. In fact there are some Brighton "fans" who are an embarrassment to the club.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I know all about how our rivallry with Palace started, !

There is a massive difference to knowing about it and existing all the way through it. Those who were not fortunate enough to follow the Albion through the 70's and the first half of the 80's will never truly understand it.

I do understand when you say you know about the rivalry but unless you were there in the seventies you won't imho feel it. But the scum have done enough since 83 for Albion fans to continue the hatred. There scum applauding when ending Gerry Ryan's career, the financial cheating (twice) . Their scum board who accepted Tony Blooms offer to pay for the beamback to SP , when they had just taken over and stood back and let Tony Bloom and his club take all the bad publicity about poogate, when they knew it was their driver Last years performance with the fans injuring their own stewards as they forced entry to the ground. Scum from top to bottom

This will bells on, orrible pikey c*nt of a club.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I know all about how our rivallry with Palace started, and have been following the Albion for over forty years.

Don't get me wrong, I want to win tomorrow night just as much as the next man, but at the end of the day, apart from the bragging rights, it will still only be the same number of points that we win, three!

Someone of your considerable age should try to calm down a bit, it’s only a game .

It's never just a game when we play your inbred scum bag of a club.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Crystal Palace are just one of the teams in the Premier League. Beating them would give us three points, the same number as we would get beating any other team. That's all the players need to be told before tonight's game.

Yes, they have some mindless thugs masquerading as supporters, but there again so do many clubs. In fact there are some Brighton "fans" who are an embarrassment to the club.

Your posts on this board never fail to disappoint. It's almost impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here