Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is incongruous to use the word steal when Reading come for our staff, and fair play when we go for theirs.

As I said, I support The Albion... are you sure you shouldn’t change your username to BaldRoyal? Or BaldTinpot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't think you can claim they stole Coppell, Dick Knight would have given John Madejski a reach around if he thought it would get an extra £100 added to the compensation package.

So they exploited our then weak bargaining position? Okay, you’re correct, they are a fantastic club! [emoji3]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So they exploited our then weak bargaining position? Okay, you’re correct, they are a fantastic club! [emoji3]

I don’t think they are a fantastic club at all, nothing in my post implies they are.

Coppell has said many times that he would never have left. It was Dick Knight making it clear he wanted the compensation. Knight pushed Coppell to Reading, all Reading did was make an approach, we could have said no and that would have been the end of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some Swansea plank tried to start a spat with me on Twitter because I dared to compare the value of this transfer to what someone would have to pay to prise Dunk away.

£25m for a recently relegated CB is an obscene sum.

FWIW I think both similar quality players however we didn’t get relegated, they did, so maybe Mawson is slightly worse.

*Twitter* :laugh:

Apologies. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=1647]b.w.2.[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION]....

Ladies, FFS, you sound like you're rowing about whether the pottery produced by Wedgewood was better or worse after the death of Josiah in 1795.

It was better, OK? End of.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As I said, I support The Albion... are you sure you shouldn’t change your username to BaldRoyal? Or BaldTinpot?

Stealing is stealing, and fair play is fair play, I don't give a flying **** who you support.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Keeping in mind Tinselhead’s appalling start to the season, SC’s performance was nothing short of miraculous...

not what this thread is about but cant have that. He got 41 points from 34 games. Averaged over a season would be marginal safety. He actually got us out th ebottom 3 before we then slipped back in.

Long long way from miraculous.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think they are a fantastic club at all, nothing in my post implies they are.

Coppell has said many times that he would never have left. It was Dick Knight making it clear he wanted the compensation. Knight pushed Coppell to Reading, all Reading did was make an approach, we could have said no and that would have been the end of it.

So, as I said, they exploited our weak financial position...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
[MENTION=1647]b.w.2.[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION]....

Ladies, FFS, you sound like you're rowing about whether the pottery produced by Wedgewood was better or worse after the death of Josiah in 1795.

It was better, OK? End of.

I disagree! ;-)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
not what this thread is about but cant have that. He got 41 points from 34 games. Averaged over a season would be marginal safety. He actually got us out th ebottom 3 before we then slipped back in.

Long long way from miraculous.

You need to put his record in context, which I did for you, then you will understand...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Anyway, back to the thread... according to the Argus today, Reading may well be sticking with their silly high price for Moore... still, on the plus side, at least we got a great price from Tinpot for Sam B...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

As l understood it, he left partly because we didn't have a proper stadium to play at, the Amex not even being on the horizon at the time, and because of the lack of adequate training facilities.

Otherwise as you say, he would have stayed. One of the best managers we have ever had in my opinion, and is a sad loss to the game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyway, back to the thread... according to the Argus today, Reading may well be sticking with their silly high price for Moore... still, on the plus side, at least we got a great price from Tinpot for Sam B...

Well they are going to be left with one very unhappy player.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, it seems we are very actively looking at a number of alternatives with Reading FC pricing Moore out of a move - which is their absolute right to do.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
As l understood it, he left partly because we didn't have a proper stadium to play at, the Amex not even being on the horizon at the time, and because of the lack of adequate training facilities.

Otherwise as you say, he would have stayed. One of the best managers we have ever had in my opinion, and is a sad loss to the game.

Sad loss to the game? He's still managing in India.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here