Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget Pulis now

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pulis has already proven he can adapt his style at Pal@rse, so you are talking utter b0ll0x.

Oh, and the academy is hardly the priority right now. I think you will find we are in the relegation zone at Christmas.

I think you will find you're an ignorant ****. Oh course we need to stay up you prat but we also need to start rebuilding or perhaps you think changing everything every six months is the way forward, either way who cares what you think...

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
And put back the development of our Academy and style of play by YEARS (WHY DO YOU PUT SOME WORDS IN CAPITALS?). If he gets the job so be it. But I and a significant proportion of our fan base would not choose him. If he struggles there will be references to his Palace past and his style from his critics overnight. Oh and we don't have the squad to implement such a style but other than that great idea...

Some Managers will regardless of ability be a bad fit. I think Pulis is the wrong man at the wrong time. That is my opinion if you don't like it I'm struggling to give a **** to be fair.

I'm not saying for a minute that we are going to get Pulis (Robinson or Rosler are more likely, given TB's usual choices, the latter hopefully if it is one of those two), but why this continuing obsession with Spanish-style football? I've only seen a few on here who would willingly take relegation just so we can keep our "style" and "principles", i.e. yourself (no, you may not have said it directly, but you are implying it), Plooks, (and possibly Rookie and Stat Brother at a push). If we are relegated, are you going to stump up the £2.5 million or whatever in lost revenue from non-renewing season ticket holders? (Going on c. 5000 non-renewals x £500 - a conservative estimate in my view).

I loved some of the football we played under Gus (Palace, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Wolves at home in the Championship, Charlton away in League One) and the few times it really clicked under Oscar (Blackburn, Bolton and Leicester at home, Wigan away), but right now we are in the fight of our lives, and in my view the financial impact of relegation is likely to be far greater than having to go for more industrial football to survive. Of course, we may be too far down the road to avoid relegation, but I hope we are going to strain every sinew to avoid it.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm not saying for a minute that we are going to get Pulis (Robinson or Rosler are more likely, given TB's usual choices, the latter hopefully if it is one of those two), but why this continuing obsession with Spanish-style football? I've only seen a few on here who would willingly take relegation just so we can keep our "style" and "principles", i.e. yourself (no, you may not have said it directly, but you are implying it), Plooks, (and possibly Rookie and Stat Brother at a push). If we are relegated, are you going to stump up the £2.5 million or whatever in lost revenue from non-renewing season ticket holders? (Going on c. 5000 non-renewals x £500 - a conservative estimate in my view).

I loved some of the football we played under Gus (Palace, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Wolves at home in the Championship, Charlton away in League One) and the few times it really clicked under Oscar (Blackburn, Bolton and Leicester at home, Wigan away), but right now we are in the fight of our lives, and in my view the financial impact of relegation is likely to be far greater than having to go for more industrial football to survive. Of course, we may be too far down the road to avoid relegation, but I hope we are going to strain every sinew to avoid it.[/QUOTE

Why do you think it's one or the other? We had relative success under both Poyet and Garcia. I'm not implying anything about style above everything, God knows where you got that from? Whoever gets appointed needs to keep us up. That is a given. But do you think Pulis is the only man who can achieve that or that he guarantees it even? Do you think that ripping up the style we have with the players we have halfway through a season to swap to a long ball strategy or even a more direct method is the most likely route to achieve that? It could work, it could just as easily blow up in our faces.

Surely the most likely route to staying up right now, would be to get someone in who can improve what we have in the squad right now, organise them better, and make a few improvements/signings to the playing side to effect an immediate improvement? The alternative would be to try and sign half a dozen players in the window, integrate them, change the habits of those we have, get both sets organised and playing as a unit without results worsening in the short term leaving us with too much ground to make up. Assuming that these new signings will do the business.

TBF neither route may work, but working with/improving what we have is much more likely to succeed. IMO at least.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oh and you've given me three thumbs down. You've ruined my Christmas. How could you?

What an absolute childish mug you are mate. Seriously, get a life...:tosser:

Are you alone this christmas? Talking like your drunk and angry at everyone for absolutely no reason.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Are you alone this christmas? Talking like your drunk and angry at everyone for absolutely no reason.

No just you, you proper child, added two more thumbs down too. You really are sad. Anyway **** off you ****.

Hopefully you can work that one out for yourself. Anytime you feeling like meeting for a chat be sure to let me know, there's a good boy...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No just you, you proper child, added two more thumbs down too. You really are sad. Anyway **** off you ****.

Hopefully you can work that one out for yourself. Anytime you feeling like meeting for a chat be sure to let me know, there's a good boy...

Oh scary. So so scary. Who is the child meant to be again? You prick.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Offer is there, don't expect you to oblige, too busy ******* over winding people up. No worries, happy Christmas.

This is an incredible conversation. You accuse me of winding you up and yet this whole thing started when you to exception to it being pointed out that Pulis got Palace playing some good stuff. Are you this thick all the time? Would be quite nice to meet up I think just to witness your stupidity first hand, do you ever travel up to Leeds?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Oh scary. So so scary. Who is the child meant to be again? You prick.

Husty if you are a moderator you sum up what NSC is all about. Nearly 10000 posts get a life and let people have an opinion.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I personally would LOVE it if Pulis came to Brighton; mainly because it's our best bet of avoiding relegation.
Unlike say a Karl Robinson, who is an unproven risk.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Replying to [MENTION=147]Sea[/MENTION]sidage

And I, my friend, am not saying that I want Pulis (as I said, I don't think he will come here). What I am saying is that a great deal of hard work is required to get us out of this mess, which means that style might have to take a back seat. Virtually all the last few winners of the Play Offs have been workmanlike teams, with the "flair" team losing out (Palace are the classic example of this). It can work the same way with relegation battles. In other words, one's heart says the manager should be someone like Zola, Laudrup, Robinson, Sousa, etc, but the head says we need someone like McDermott or Hughton. We were very fortunate to get Gus when we did, as he did manage to marry style with work. However, I don't remember much Spanish style from him in 2009-2010; fast counter-attacking is what I remember from that season and 2010-2011.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Husty if you are a moderator you sum up what NSC is all about. Nearly 10000 posts get a life and let people have an opinion.

I'm a mooderator.

And when someones 'opinion' is to call people trolls who put forwards any argument that conflicts with ones' own close-minded viewpoint then yes. I will continue to behave in the way I am. You moron.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm a mooderator.

And when someones 'opinion' is to call people trolls who put forwards any argument that conflicts with ones' own close-minded viewpoint then yes. I will continue to behave in the way I am. You moron.

The whole thread is becoming an embarrassment to me if not you. So this will be my final comment.

Leeds? Yes funnily enough I do go there and a number of other places around the UK. Feel free to give me your contact details or not.
I called BW a troll not you, but if the cap fits.
I have bitten with the two people who were rude in their replies, and if you are a moderator then you need to have a word with yourself, me and plenty of others, because there is way too much of this here.
Funny also that I had an exchange of views with West Hoathly tonight who had a contrary view to mine. This was perfectly civil. You could learn a lot from him. We don't agree but I respect his view.
Lastly, you have bothered to go through every post I have on this thread to put a thumbs down on it. And you call me a sad? :lolol:

Oh and I have a closed minded opinion but you called Figgis a moron for disagreeing with you? :lolol: Go away for a bit and come back and look how silly both of us look. I did.

Anyway I'm off to play Poker. Night.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The whole thread is becoming an embarrassment to me if not you. So this will be my final comment.

Leeds? Yes funnily enough I do go there and a number of other places around the UK. Feel free to give me your contact details or not.
I called BW a troll not you, but if the cap fits.
I have bitten with the two people who were rude in their replies, and if you are a moderator then you need to have a word with yourself, me and plenty of others, because there is way too much of this here.
Funny also that I had an exchange of views with West Hoathly tonight who had a contrary view to mine. This was perfectly civil. You could learn a lot from him. We don't agree but I respect his view.
Lastly, you have bothered to go through every post I have on this thread to put a thumbs down on it. And you call me a sad? :lolol:

Oh and I have a closed minded opinion but you called Figgis a moron for disagreeing with you? :lolol: Go away for a bit and come back and look how silly both of us look. I did.

Anyway I'm off to play Poker. Night.

Husty a moderator? Now that would be funny :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here