Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
yes, but seeming as (up to that final point when Arya jumps out) the dead were well on top, they were not expecting what happened to take place. Once it did, they all fell to pieces. There was plenty wrong with the final series for sure, but for me that's not one of the issues.
Yeah fair enough. I'm reading through this thread in order. I'm going to get really annoyed when I get to the bit where, for no apparent reason, Daenerys goes mad and slaughters all the civilians.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That would have been better.

Towards the end of the battle with the dead, Brienne of Tarth should have been losing a battle against the mounting numbers of dead, for Jamie to step in and save her at the last minute. Then, as he reached out to her hand to lift her back up, he should have been sliced in half (vertically, from the shoulder) by a white walker. Brienne would have then killed the walker.

The camera could have shown that Ayra saw this, so then when we saw Jamie head south, we'd have know who it really was. Ayra could have got Cersei all hot and excitedly ready for a good shag, before sticking the knife in and taking his face off.

I know this is totally off topic, but as a faceless person does she get to take the whole body when she takes their identity? Cock and all? And would it even work? I mean she took Walder Frey's stature, right? There's got to be more to it than just the face.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know this is totally off topic, but as a faceless person does she get to take the whole body when she takes their identity? Cock and all?
Yes, I believe she gets the whole body. And their voice. Otherwise this little girl wouldn't look like the people she's pretending to be. But I wasn't suggesting she uses that body to actually enter Cersei, just that she gets Cersei all excited.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yes, I believe she gets the whole body. And their voice. Otherwise this little girl wouldn't look like the people she's pretending to be. But I wasn't suggesting she uses that body to actually enter Cersei, just that she gets Cersei all excited.

Of course, I was more interested to know whether GRRM had ever defined such specifics? I've read most of the books but don't remember anything about it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How did Grey Worm even know? No one saw Jon kill Dany and Drogon carted her body off. Any blood on the floor can easily be explained due to earlier massacre. "Er, no haven't see her mate. Think she's gone away for the weekend."
Yes, he could have said he hadn't seen her, but that's not John Snoooo. He 'fessed up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am never ever going to see all the things I would like to see in my allotted time on this planet, even though I am paying for the privileged.
You're paying someone to be allowed to live on this planet? Whom, and why?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
If you can get hold of GoT: The Last Watch, it's a nice full stop to the series. A well done, HBO made, hour long behind the scenes meander through the last season, from production bigwigs to extras to directors to stunt men to make up. Interesting too, if you like the gloss taken off your big TV shows!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looking like the Bloodmoon prequel has been cancelled... but the other Targaryen series may still go forward.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looking like the Bloodmoon prequel has been cancelled... but the other Targaryen series may still go forward.
It seems that the other series you mention, which will deal with the build up to the Dance of the Dragons (and potentially the Dance itself if it progresses) has been commissioned for a 10-episode series under the title "House Of The Dragon".

If you can get hold of GoT: The Last Watch, it's a nice full stop to the series. A well done, HBO made, hour long behind the scenes meander through the last season, from production bigwigs to extras to directors to stunt men to make up. Interesting too, if you like the gloss taken off your big TV shows!
And has a Leonard Cohen track on it, perfect :moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't think of another series that I've been so fully invested in, to then move on from so quickly afterwards. Barely had a moment's thought about Game of Thrones since *that* final season.

A decent spin off may pull me back in a bit, but the original series will sadly always be tainted by them hugely ****ing up the landing.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't think of another series that I've been so fully invested in, to then move on from so quickly afterwards. Barely had a moment's thought about Game of Thrones since *that* final season.

A decent spin off may pull me back in a bit, but the original series will sadly always be tainted by them hugely ****ing up the landing.
I agree with you....

...but I am just at the end of a complete rewatch of the whole of game of thrones ( last 2 episodes to go... ) and series 8 is way way better than I remember.

I think originally I expected that the Night King was going to be the threat until the very end, and after he was disposed of in episode 3, I really hated episode 4 onwards.

But watching series 8 knowing that in advance made episode 4 much more enjoyable...

As well as the House of the Dragon prequel there are now rumours of a proper sequel set immediately after GOT which may mean a few significant further plot twists to come, and the overall ending reworked a little.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree with you....

...but I am just at the end of a complete rewatch of the whole of game of thrones ( last 2 episodes to go... ) and series 8 is way way better than I remember.

I think originally I expected that the Night King was going to be the threat until the very end, and after he was disposed of in episode 3, I really hated episode 4 onwards.

But watching series 8 knowing that in advance made episode 4 much more enjoyable...

As well as the House of the Dragon prequel there are now rumours of a proper sequel set immediately after GOT which may mean a few significant further plot twists to come, and the overall ending reworked a little.

For me it was more just how rushed the whole Night King and Mad Queen storylines felt. Each should've had a whole season minimum to set up and pay off. There was also some writing that felt a bit shonky towards the end, characters acting in ways or saying things that didn't seem true to their characters.

I'll probably go back for a rewatch at some point.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They could easily do a season 9 of GOT with the Night King regenerating in the far North, the 3 eyed raven being a real baddie, Danarys being resurrected etc... but it would have to be written by the main man.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It wasn’t only the final season. If I was rating each season there would have been a very clear pattern accelerating down towards that utter nadir. The more they went away from the original story the more dreadful it got. I know you have to skip some parts, but if you’re adding in others with such a lauded writing team, you have to be able to make up something remotely decent and they failed at every single turn.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What they did with the final series was absolutely criminal.

It would have literally been one of the greatest TV shows of all time... absolutely ruined because of the terrible final season.

We can still remember the great bits, but it loses its charm somewhat because of the travesty that was that final season.

We all wanted the final season to be the brilliant climax but it was a little weak. That said, it was fine, 6/10 stuff when we’d been wanting a 10/10 performance.

However, you should really be saving adjectives such as ‘absolutely ruined’ and ‘travesty’ for the series ‘Lost’. That set the low bar of how a promising series can be destroyed once the writing disappears up it’s own harris. GoT came nowhere near plunging to that level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here