Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitrovic in the Summer Window

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Of course - he would be ideal. Would love to have him.

But we wouldn't pay the money for him before and (I'm guessing here) his price would have risen considerably since we were last "interested".

Expect more dross from the Dutch league coming our way

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

But we wouldn't pay the money for him before and (I'm guessing here) his price would have risen considerably since we were last "interested".

Supposedly on £60k a week at Fulham but that must include a relegation clause so I doubt he will be next season if he stayed. So you never know.
I know one thing if we continue with our rumoured £40k a week highest earner ceiling next season we will a) lose our better players, b) will not get in the next level of player up, c) get relegated. It’s a quandary.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I personally think TB will get his BIG wallet out if we stay up. Even a goldfish knows some serious investment is needed..

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
One of the worst shots to goals ratios in the league correct? Over rated.

And the stats support this:

A Fulham forward is firing blanks

Given that Salah is top of the charts for goals and shots on target, it is hardly surprising that he is also top of the pile for shots. What is surprising is that Aleksandar Mitrovic is second on that list. The Fulham striker has taken 127 shots this season – just one fewer than Salah. He does not quite have the same scoring record though; Salah has 21 goals, Mitrovic just 11.

The 24-year-old is Fulham’s top scorer by a distance, but his profligacy has become problematic – particularly in recent months. His match-winner at Bournemouth a fortnight ago was his first goal in 10 games and he has scored with only 8.7% of his shots. To put that in some context, Salah has scored with 16.4% of his.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...2/premier-league-unexpected-statistics-season

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Definitely wouldn't want any of that Ajax lot that ran rings around Spurs, that's for sure.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Definitely wouldn't want any of that Ajax lot that ran rings around Spurs, that's for sure.

Youngsters playing with no fear and therefore no respect for the opposition. Add that to a manager who knows how to get the best out of them - and there you go!

I'd love to see them win the Champions League.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Youngsters playing with no fear and therefore no respect for the opposition. Add that to a manager who knows how to get the best out of them - and there you go!

I'd love to see them win the Champions League.

If only we had an exciting crop of youngsters................................

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I wouldn't want Mitrovic any time I want somebody better and probably better value for money

Feel free to advise us who.
Its such a key position, I would like signings now that know the premier league.
And until we know a price we don't know about value for money..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feel free to advise us who.
Its such a key position, I would like signings now that know the premier league.
And until we know a price we don't know about value for money..

I'd like us to sign international goal scoring machine Carlos Kickaballio.

But if I were the club I'd stipulate he has to change his name to Glenn Murray, as seemingly that'll be the only way he'd get a game.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
And the stats support this:

A Fulham forward is firing blanks

Given that Salah is top of the charts for goals and shots on target, it is hardly surprising that he is also top of the pile for shots. What is surprising is that Aleksandar Mitrovic is second on that list. The Fulham striker has taken 127 shots this season – just one fewer than Salah. He does not quite have the same scoring record though; Salah has 21 goals, Mitrovic just 11.

The 24-year-old is Fulham’s top scorer by a distance, but his profligacy has become problematic – particularly in recent months. His match-winner at Bournemouth a fortnight ago was his first goal in 10 games and he has scored with only 8.7% of his shots. To put that in some context, Salah has scored with 16.4% of his.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...2/premier-league-unexpected-statistics-season

As a fairer comparison what’s locadia and andone percentage ?as that’s what we got now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a fairer comparison what’s locadia and andone percentage ?as that’s what we got now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and fairer still would be to compare those figures to the ones where Mitrovic played as a full-back or out on the right wing.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
All this talk of getting Mitrovic but the big question remains - If the forwards dont get service they dont score. We certainly need to imprve uo front but for me the midfield remains key and I think we are weakest here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here