Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Given that one draw won't help us...

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
...and the chances of getting two draws in our next two games is looking pretty slim, is there any chance that we have a bit of a go in either game?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
...and the chances of getting two draws in our next two games is looking pretty slim, is there any chance that we have a bit of a go in either game?

Exactly the way I see it.
Go all out to try and win now. A draw means nothing

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All we needed to do was win against Southampton, or Bournemouth, or Cardiff, or Newcastle . . . All at home

****ing dismal failures.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We'll go to Arsenal and do what we did v Tottenham, one game does not make a summer, we're still shit.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

Cardiff play first so we will know exactly what we need to do next weekend, It would be lovely to finish on a high note if Cardiff lose or draw. Club need to give fans hope for next season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All we needed to do was win against Southampton, or Bournemouth, or Cardiff, or Newcastle . . . All at home

****ing dismal failures.

Absolutely agree, some on here are having orgasms over a draw in which we were absolutely appalling for 50% of the game.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I may be the odd one out on this thread but I think we can get a point at Arsenal ... they have Euro Cup games either side of ours so expect team changes & fatigue will have some impact. If we actually attack them at some point we have a chance to even win the game as the Arsenal defence has been pretty woeful most of the season but we will need to be at our best in defence and counter quickly & maybe score from a set piece.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
We. Are. Away. To. Arsenal!

:ffsparr:

I.Know.But.They.Have.Been.On.Awful.Form.

I was talking more about the manner of our performance not necessarily the result although a point would be delightful and a win like asking for the world.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
**** Cardiff, we need 2 points.

We could win against Arsenal, we'll never beat Man City. . . . I suspect we'll do a Tottenham @ the emirates, and stay in the game at 0-2 home to MC.

Whilst I'd say all guns a blazing against both, Indon't think we have any players that can remember far back enough to actually do that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I.Know.But.They.Have.Been.On.Awful.Form.

I was talking more about the manner of our performance not necessarily the result although a point would be delightful and a win like asking for the world.

Form? Shall we talk form from opposing sides? Cardiff won their first away game in 2019 v us and got their first clean sheet in some 19 in the same game v us. There is your 'form' me old mucker.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

If having a go means being gung-ho attacking I think it reduces our chances of winning. Our best bet is to make it scrappy, stay in the game and have a go in the last 20 minutes. I think it's kamikaze to go toe to toe with Arsenal the way they play and the players we have. A draw there still gives us a remote chance of collecting a further point against City at home which would make it impossible for Cardiff to catch us.

I'd like to see a repeat of the Spurs performance with a little more attacking intent but not recklessness.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

By the time we play it might hopefully be academic anyway.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Form? Shall we talk form from opposing sides? Cardiff won their first away game in 2019 v us and got their first clean sheet in some 19 in the same game v us. There is your 'form' me old mucker.

I know, I know, we have been beyond atrocious. After 5 years of feast the last 4 months have been demoralizing but let me at lest dream of getting something at Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here