Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Saturdays match against Bournemouth

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Which one of his 4 goals since 01/12/18 gives you the most confidence in Murray?

In my side, Murray has Andone alongside him instead of having about 40 yards to the nearest player. He’s always been better with a fast man alongside him (we were MUCH better in the champ when baldock played). The way he’s isolated at the moment, even Harry Kane would struggle.

Of course in my predicted Hughton side we’ll play 4-5-1 with the 4 and the 5 camped in our own half. Whether the one is Murray or Andone in that set up is largely irrelevant as they’re left to try to conjure something up on their own.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Ryan
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo
Stephens
Propper
Knockaert
Bissuoma
Locadia
Andone

It's my team and i'll pick who i want :p

It’s possible but extremely unlikely, I would like to see Bruno back for this one or the Cardiff game , when he plays I think we get forward quicker and more often , I’ve started to warm to Locadia and to see him partner Andone up front would be interesting if nothing else . Still think it’ll be 4-5-1 though booooooo .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In my side, Murray has Andone alongside him instead of having about 40 yards to the nearest player. He’s always been better with a fast man alongside him (we were MUCH better in the champ when baldock played). The way he’s isolated at the moment, even Harry Kane would struggle.

Of course in my predicted Hughton side we’ll play 4-5-1 with the 4 and the 5 camped in our own half. Whether the one is Murray or Andone in that set up is largely irrelevant as they’re left to try to conjure something up on their own.

I've been wanting to keep this under my hat as the sample size is small so I'm not convinced myself, but:-

'Is Andone's 'hold up' play actually better than Murray's'?

I think Andone holds onto the ball better and more importantly stays upright to play the pass.
Anyone else picking up on this, as said I'm not entirely convinced myself, and as usual am happy to be wrong.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well Murray won't start both this and Cardiff and I have a feeling, with Cardiff likely to sit deeper than B'mouth, he will be more suited to that game.

MUFF are more likely to push up the pitch and leave gaps. For me, it seems logical to start Andone.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Aren't these threads pointless now anyway and we're just waiting for [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]_Gem to reveal all ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given he played in our last league game its not that unlikely.

You do understand the difference between playing 3 days after the last, in a 'dead rubber' match, that happens to be 4 days away from a massive game against a considerably better wing dominated opposition.

And the weekly grind of League football.

Bruno won't be starting v Bournemouth.

The team selected won't start with 2 strikers.
The team will start cagey.
If it takes the lead the team won't push on for more goals.
The first substitution won't happen till the 65th minute.
Stephens, March and or Ali J will hear 'disappointment' everytime they touch the ball.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've been wanting to keep this under my hat as the sample size is small so I'm not convinced myself, but:-

I think Andone holds onto the ball better and more importantly stays upright to play the pass.
Anyone else picking up on this, as said I'm not entirely convinced myself, and as usual am happy to be wrong.

I'm of a similar opinion. Andone's first touch and ability to shield the ball is actually very good, he might be smaller, but he's a very physically strong player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed 100%. He is also far more likely to turn a player and run on - poor old Muzza just isn’t quick enough to do so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm of a similar opinion. Andone's first touch and ability to shield the ball is actually very good, he might be smaller, but he's a very physically strong player.

Agreed 100%. He is also far more likely to turn a player and run on - poor old Muzza just isn’t quick enough to do so.

Thanks chaps.
I was thinking I was allowing my Murray boo-boy tendency to get the better of me, hence my lack of conviction to the cause.

Which in turn does rather make more of a mockery of Murray's starting place.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks chaps.
I was thinking I was allowing my Murray boo-boy tendency to get the better of me, hence my lack of conviction to the cause.

Which in turn does rather make more of a mockery of Murray's starting place.

I don't think it makes a mockery of Murray's starting place to be honest, he's got the same number of goals as Callum Wilson, Josh King, 1 more than Rashford, Martial, Barnes, only 1 less than Lukaku, Firmino, Jimenez. He'd have been been presented with a lot less chances than many of them, all be it through his own lack of pace and ability to be offside, BUT, he is the best finisher in the club when presented with a decent chance.

That said, I'd actually prefer to see Andone start tomorrow, but I'm not at the other end of the spectrum if Murray gets the nod. I think you are a harsh critic whose desire for change clouds your judgement on this issue.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think it makes a mockery of Murray's starting place to be honest, he's got the same number of goals as Callum Wilson, Josh King, 1 more than Rashford, Martial, Barnes, only 1 less than Lukaku, Firmino, Jimenez. He'd have been been presented with a lot less chances than many of them, all be it through his own lack of pace and ability to be offside, BUT, he is the best finisher in the club when presented with a decent chance.

That said, I'd actually prefer to see Andone start tomorrow, but I'm not at the other end of the spectrum if Murray gets the nod. I think you are a harsh critic whose desire for change clouds your judgement on this issue.

Nice....go on SB get him :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Back to the side for tomorrow...I think CH will change one or both 'wingers' and possibly upfront.....he will (imho) need to freshen things up from last weekends 'disappointment'

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I’m of a similar opinion. Andone receives it but stays mobile and tries to link with the wingers, Murray does what he’s best at, draw a foul, slow the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB has gone to put his lycra on and play with his inner tubes

Sadly it's even worse than that.

I've been shopping, I parked in the supermarket carpark as usual, and got out of the car.

What makes it slightly unusual is that I got out of the car leaving the keys in the ignition and engine running.
Unsurprisingly my car was still there when we got back. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here