Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Shirly, if your head doesn't come off it also makes survival easier?

DXFDWN.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
The issue is not only the possible interference, it is more that if the take off is rejected the forces involved are incredible. If you were flying MAN-LHR (at a guess) with BA, they usually operate an A319, but occasionally an A320. The pilots can chose to reject a take off up to a speed known as V1, which at a guess would be around 150 knots (circa 175mph) at an approx weight of 63 tonnes in around 1,000 metres. The lady’s lovely new iPhone will quite quickly become a missile and if it struck someone in the head would kill them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do a lot of maintenance for a huge aviation company and I hear that bandied around occasionally. Baloney.

I wonder if they also asked the young [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] to go to the store cupboard and ask for a “long weight”? :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Expensive, but not in the same league.

On my recent landline bill I had an 11 second call billed at £6.02 - straight on to EE who, astonishingly, were unable to tell me who / what it was for.
Wife swears blind she's not done any phone-in charity donation / competition thing - how can I find out what this was for if my line provider has come up blank? Ofcom maybe?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Another little titbit for you - they don't ask you to adopt the brace position because you are more likely to survive ..... it's something far more gruesome than that !

To protect your face as best as possible thus making identification easier in the event of a crash...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here