Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo's goal.......excuse my indulgence

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do the powers that be say why taking your shirt off to celebrate a goal is a yellow card offence?
You've posted their excuse, but the real reason is that sponsors want their image on the back pages, not a footballer with his shirt off.

The IFAB, the body responsible for the Laws of the Game, decided to add a detail to Law 12 relating to 'Fouls and Misconduct', stating: "A player who removes his jersey after scoring a goal will be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."
Yeah right :rolleyes: Surely putting your hand in the air is pretty unsporting too :facepalm:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You've posted their excuse, but the real reason is that sponsors want their image on the back pages, not a footballer with his shirt off.:

OK, that makes sense. Maybe if the players wore vests with the sponsors logo on they could relax the law?

There's nothing better than when a player scores and completely loses it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's nothing better than when a player scores and completely loses it.
Agreed, and actually the rule that stops it made it all the more special when Jose scored. **** the booking he thought, I'm off :D That goal was something else. Adrián made a really good attempt to stop it, but it was just too good. You see goals scored in the corner, but this was right in the ****ing corner, and after being sent out wide first.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Because it's fun. Have you never done anything you weren't supposed to?

Not quite the point I was trying to make. I'm no killjoy, but lets just say 2 minutes later he'd mistimed a tackle and got a second yellow? Would you still be defending him for the first card then?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not quite the point I was trying to make. I'm no killjoy, but lets just say 2 minutes later he'd mistimed a tackle and got a second yellow? Would you still be defending him for the first card then?
I didn't say I approved, you asked why do it, I replied because it's fun. That's why he did it.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
What also amazes me is the entire WHU team are in the pictures !!!!!

No wonder they dont score.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I thought GIF dude would have been here by now.

izigoal.gif

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Who is that clown that jumps up at the end?

Izzy clown.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here